Pretty Cool Big Break/Part Time Golf Moment

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
So I know each Big Break has it's own thread, but I felt this deserved its own thread. As some of you guys know from the threads, I'm a huge Big Break fan. I absolutely love watching the show. I'd have to say the Greenbrier is the first one I've watched in awhile, but it has definitely been my favorite. Right from the preview show Derek Bohlen was my favorite, so I'm sure you guys could figure out I was pretty bummed when he went home the first night. I honestly thought he was going to take it all. Well after the show I decided to get on twitter and follow Derek (@DerekBOhlen) and send him a quick tweet telling him to hang in there and keep grinding. To my surprise he tweet back thanking me. I asked him what hat he was wearing on the show and he tagged the company in a tweet for me. It's a company called Part Time Golf Co. (@iparttimegolf ) I had planned on getting a hat from them, but didn't for awhile and then after Derek was off the show I kind of forgot about them after awhile so I never got around to ordering a hat from them. Fast forward to yesterday, as I'm watching the show I figure out who my favorites are. Taylor Collins is my most favorite for obvious reasons, but I also really liked the attitude of Brent Long. (@brentleelong) Well Brent was wearing the same hat as Derek from The Greenbrier year and I hopped on twitter and sent a tweet to Brent and Part Time Golf Co. and he responds. (Again to my surprise)

jyme8e2u.jpg

Obviously pumped I got a tweet back from him. I tell my GF "Brent tweeted me back!" She goes that's awesome! (He is her favorite too) Got another notification from twitter not long after getting one from Brent, this time it was Derek!

ysudahy3.jpg

Obviously I'm stoked at this point, just got mentions from my two favorite Big Breakers! I had to give some love to Derek so I sent him a tweet showing a little favoritism and he responds with a cool idea and a little humor! Again I'm pumped these guys are having a twitter convo with me at this point I'm grinning ear to ear!

emazy3ur.jpg

Obviously pumped at the idea of getting Brent to sign it I send a them a tweet showing my excitement and this shows Brent being the good guy he is and showing love to Derek.

su8u3any.jpg

So finally I pull the trigger on the white PTGC hat I like along with a T-Shirt so I tweet my excitement and get a response back from Brent!

gy7ehe3e.jpg

So I sent Brent back a tweet about getting him to sign it and he responded right away.

ujy4uda2.jpg

So stoked at this point that these guys are taking the time to talk with one of their fans! I get a few notifications on twitter from Part Time Golf Co.

e6a5y4a7.jpg

Obviously at this point I'm really pumped. These guys aren't PGA Tour Pros and I understand they don't have 2 million followers, but I also understand that they really do not need to take the time to send these tweets with me and take the time to have a twitter convo so I greatly appreciate it and it makes me an even bigger fan, even if I never see them on TV other than Big Break even tho I'm pulling for them to get the chance too.

Well after all that I let them be. I didn't wanna bug them too much and I had my fun going back and for with the guys for a bit, well fast forward to today and I get another twitter notification. This time from Derek. I was expecting a response to something from last night, but no it was this.

vyjatene.jpg

pyhu3yhy.jpg

Needless to say I'm blown away. I'm not 100% sure if they are going to sign a hat for me or if anything is in the works, but I am ecstatic. I was running to my girlfriend to show her like I was a 10 year old with a new toy. This tweet blew me away and I will be sure to keep you guys posted on what happens. I know this might not be a big deal to all of you or any of you, but this is a public forum and these two guys deserve to be displayed. They do not have to do anything for me what so ever as I am already a huge fan of both of these guys, but if they do I will be forever grateful. Like I said before, I know they aren't big time PGA Tour stars, but the fact they take a little time out of their day to respond to a fan is more than enough to keep me rooting for them, no matter what tour they playing on. I apologize for the long thread and if it bores you I'm sorry but as I said these guys definitely deserve the recognition in my book. They are class acts.

Thats awesome. I love it when people we admire take time to chat with us.

Im hoping to catch Corey Pavin @ Colonial tomorrow. Ive followed him around since I was 10 out there and every year he stops chats with me for a min and then encourages me to keep grinding. Its great because he could just sign my hat and walk away.

Very cool!!!

Great story, and love that you watch the show so much! I haven't gotten into it as much as you but had the honor in playing with Shannon Fish from Big Break Atlantis last November in a charity golf tournament. She was a blast!

311163_10200140416379049_182728165_n.jpg

That's very cool man. Hopefully they sign the hat for you. They seem like cool guys based on this interaction alone.

That's cool that they were both so available for a fan.

that's why twitter is awesome.

Great story, and love that you watch the show so much! I haven't gotten into it as much as you but had the honor in playing with Shannon Fish from Big Break Atlantis last November in a charity golf tournament. She was a blast!

311163_10200140416379049_182728165_n.jpg

Man! Who is that good lookin......

guy on the right?

Couldn't happen for a better guy Jimmy.

I hope it works out for you.

Reason #120938213 I am loving the twitter... I have had a few convo's with Brian Cooper from BB Greenbriar, Robbie Biershenk from Chasing the Dream, and a few of the LPGA players. Not to mention the guys @ Callaway, it's really cool to have such access to such high profile people.

Very awesome!

Got a tweet from Brent last night...

7ysype7a.jpg

emehyje7.jpg

Very cool

That's killer man! I'm glad you posted all of the tweets. It was fun to read and I'd be just as excited as you are.

That's pretty awesome. 2 class guys right there. I might just buy a hat now.

Thanks guys. The company and Brent & Derek are great guys. I hope he has a return address so I can send him a nice lil WNY gift package back.

Back