Pretty good session today despite not having my best swing. Struggled a bit early on the range, but found my groove.

my stats:
Typical swing speed is 97-104, right about 101 average today.

AoA avg at 4* up

swing path around 1.5* out to in

Here’s what I tried out today.

Paradym TD 10.5 (at D-1), 14front 4back
Paradym TD 9 (n/s, d/s, d-1). 8/8, 10/6, 6/10, 14/2
Paradym std 9* (n/s, d/s, d
(APW heel, APW slightly toward toe)

10.5 was too much loft for me, I knew this going in, confirmed it.
the TD 9* at d/s and 10/6 had the best ball speed avg (152mph) and high (156mph), but launched around 14 with ~2500 spin

TD 9* at d/s and 14/2 was really good, about 300rpm less, but I fought the rights a bit more.

the std 9* at d/s with the APW slightly toward the fade side was the best dispersion, despite being ~2mph slower ball speed avg.

So I’m going to make a couple changes tonight, starting with the grip. Currently on there is a Lamkin sonar midsize, and it’s just too much torque, I hate the twist feel, so I stopped and grabbed some utx cord on the way home.

and I’m going to grab the 8* TD head and give that a shot.
When moving the 9* down a degree, it just opened the face a little too much.

after a couple rounds and range sessions, I can say that this shaft has some serious pop, and yet is still really forgiving. But it has a really unique feel when you hit one solid. Like it just works soooo well with the Paradym when you get that 1.5 smash factor and it’s like so addicting.

a grip change and an additional head to test with, and I should be in business. I can definitely say this is my fav project x shaft I have ever hit.

Pretty good session today despite not having my best swing. Struggled a bit early on the range, but found my groove.

my stats:

AoA avg at 4* up

the TD 9* at d/s and 10/6 had the best ball speed avg (152mph) and high (156mph), but launched around 14 with ~2500 spin

TD 9* at d/s and 14/2 was really good, about 300rpm less, but I fought the rights a bit more.

the std 9* at d/s with the APW slightly toward the fade side was the best dispersion, despite being ~2mph slower ball speed avg.

So I’m going to make a couple changes tonight, starting with the grip. Currently on there is a Lamkin sonar midsize, and it’s just too much torque, I hate the twist feel, so I stopped and grabbed some utx cord on the way home.

after a couple rounds and range sessions, I can say that this shaft has some serious pop, and yet is still really forgiving. But it has a really unique feel when you hit one solid. Like it just works soooo well with the Paradym when you get that 1.5 smash factor and it’s like so addicting.

a grip change and an additional head to test with, and I should be in business. I can definitely say this is my fav project x shaft I have ever hit.

Fun read.

my stats:

AoA avg at 4* up

That is some fun testing! Amazing access to equipment. How do you feel the shaft loads?

That is some fun testing! Amazing access to equipment. How do you feel the shaft loads?
Even though this is a tx, which I normally would never go with, I can feel the load. I feel like a heavier head definitely loads it better though, and I get better smash factor numbers then as well.

it’s like the numbers of the Ventus TR blue, but loads like a red. It’s interesting

Even though this is a tx, which I normally would never go with, I can feel the load. I feel like a heavier head definitely loads it better though, and I get better smash factor numbers then as well.

it’s like the numbers of the Ventus TR blue, but loads like a red. It’s interesting
That's a really interesting combination. I like the sounds of it since I prefer feeling the shaft and head all the way through my swing.

Does this one play a bit on the softer side for an X-flex shaft? I know the gen 4 black surprised me in 6.5

yes, I was a little surprised by that. This as the TX flex, feels definitely stiffer than some of my Stiff shafts, but doesn’t feel as stiff in the tip as the Hzrdus black 6.5

Reactions: MH

my stats:

AoA avg at 4* up

Saw you got a little love on our social media! Man is a star!

Saw you got a little love on our social media! Man is a star!
He is the host of the THP Green Zone after all. A lot like Red Zone coverage minus Scott Hansen and Octobox, but infinitely better.

Some further tinkering and this last round I was just bombing it down the fairway! I love the kick in this shaft.

10.5 triple diamond with strong cog turned down to 8.5. D/-2 setting. 12g forward 6g back.

Some THPers are going to have a lot to say about this line.

Back