Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Haha, same here. I found that if I tried to be aggressive with the stock Riptide, nothing went well. It was awful. To each their own, I suppose.

I have not seen that at all. It has handled everything I have thrown at it and felt great doing so.

Has anyone gone with this shaft where you previously played the Evenflow green 6.0, 53 gram shaft in their Epic Flash? Curious if you were fitted into the 6.0 or the 5.5 in the Riptide.

Has anyone gone with this shaft where you previously played the Evenflow green 6.0, 53 gram shaft in their Epic Flash? Curious if you were fitted into the 6.0 or the 5.5 in the Riptide.

I had just come in to ask a similar question - I play the Evenflow Green in my Epic Flash Subzero and was wondering how the Riptide compares to this shaft

@Jman, how did you change the profile of your custom shaft from the Riptide standard?
We shifted the whole profile up 1” towards the hands and then added T1100 in the tip section.

Haha, same here. I found that if I tried to be aggressive with the stock Riptide, nothing went well. It was awful. To each their own, I suppose.
Remember, the stronger swingers all seemed to have more success with the RT tester shaft, that’s the commonality that we saw out of it all.

I have not seen that at all. It has handled everything I have thrown at it and felt great doing so.
I’ve thrown the kitchen sink at it swing wise and dispersion has been the standout, but I will say I definitely get better results out of the 6.5 vs the 6.0 in the same head (heads, really with the std Mav and max).

This is legitimately the first PX shaft I have really and truly gotten along with.

IME, the more aggressive you are, the more the shaft hones in. But, that’s 100 percent just me.

I don’t think that I fall into the classification of stronger swingers, but with my 150-ish ball speed, I can go after it with everything I have and it does great. I even tried the 50 gram version in a Mavrik head at the local store and it worked great, even swinging driver after driver with about all l had that day.

I'm not great at telling differences between shafts which is why it's so surprising that I fell in love with the Riptide after hitting it in the Mavrik. It felt really easy to hit and I was seeing pretty consistent dispersion. I wish I had the ability to compare it to some different options to see what spin would do but I was very impressed after some swings with it. I think that would be my choice in a new driver.

I really think that is the big draw on the Riptide shaft is the dispersion is so consistent. Comparing it to the Aldila Rogue 130 MSI I have in one of my fairways, the Riptide just feels better, not as soft at the tip.

I don’t think that I fall into the classification of stronger swingers, but with my 150-ish ball speed, I can go after it with everything I have and it does great. I even tried the 50 gram version in a Mavrik head at the local store and it worked great, even swinging driver after driver with about all l had that day.
Your move it quite efficient, and if you are in the 150's, by our mortal amateur standards you're def a stronger swinger. ;)

I had just come in to ask a similar question - I play the Evenflow Green in my Epic Flash Subzero and was wondering how the Riptide compares to this shaft

I myself have the Green 6.0 in my Epic Flash. First time I tried the 6.0 Riptide was with the Mavrik but I wanted to see what it would do with the Flash. Basic answer is I was always able to make the Green work but it felt a little whippy. This cleaned everything up and I was getting wayyyy more consistent flight and a lot more stable feel through the swing. My dispersion with the Green isn't great by any means and some of that comes down to me of course, but it seemed like everything came together nicely with this shaft and I didn't change anything about my swing.

I couldn't recommend this shaft more but as others have said, they aren't getting along with it very well. So if you're able to try it, I recommend it very highly.

Remember, the stronger swingers all seemed to have more success with the RT tester shaft, that’s the commonality that we saw out of it all.
Ive got my driver swing in a place where I like it at the moment. I may take the tester out for a ride just for fun and see how it goes.

You're nuts, buddy! I'm nowhere near 150mph.

@Jman do you know how the hybrid shaft specs up compared to the fairway shaft? I know there are differences between the two types, but I have never paid close enough attention to know what they are.

@Jman do you know how the hybrid shaft specs up compared to the fairway shaft? I know there are differences between the two types, but I have never paid close enough attention to know what they are.
Not sure the main diff between the wood shafts and this hybo design, would love to know though.

Id bet eventually we can get @DB TT in here

I made an offer just to try it out.

It's a Christmas themed Riptide that we gave away on social media.

$100 was a steal for a San Diego rolled, 1 of 2, with a Callaway tip.

Ok, the RT and I are going to get along REAL well with low spin heads. My good god do I dig the feel. I can’t believe I was afraid

Ok, the RT and I are going to get along REAL well with low spin heads. My good god do I dig the feel. I can’t believe I was afraid
It’s like I know things or something. :unsure:

Back