Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Oh my. How did I not read about this before? I might have to wait to swap out my Evenflow Black out of my driver until these bad boys are available for me to give them a try.

Digging this one quite a bit. Feels stouter than that of the Even Flow I enjoyed previously, but getting good ball flight.
It’s an interesting one, I loved it, the data I got off it was pretty damn good. It was good enough it made my custom 1/1 design decision pretty damn easy.

Was fitted into this shaft at the Grandaddy. I have it in a driver and two fairways. I have never been very fond of Even Flow shafts, they always felt very soft feeling to me, not the black shaft. I have it in 5.5 and 60g in all 3 clubs. I have a pretty smooth transition so I can always feel where I am in the swing.
The color/pattern on this shaft is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Was fitted into this shaft at the Grandaddy. I have it in a driver and two fairways. I have never been very fond of Even Flow shafts, they always felt very soft feeling to me, not the black shaft. I have it in 5.5 and 60g in all 3 clubs. I have a pretty smooth transition so I can always feel where I am in the swing.
The color/pattern on this shaft is absolutely beautiful!!!!

So you have a Rip Tide Black in those clubs? I may be looking at these in a 6.0.

Digging this one quite a bit. Feels stouter than that of the Even Flow I enjoyed previously, but getting good ball flight.
I’m curious where it falls in on feel with Hzrdus and Even Flow. More stout than EF but less than hzrdus? I’m trying to justify a purchase

I’m curious where it falls in on feel with Hzrdus and Even Flow. More stout than EF but less than hzrdus? I’m trying to justify a purchase

I think that is fair. Closer to EF than HZRDUS Black for example though to me in terms of feel.

So you have a Rip Tide Black in those clubs? I may be looking at these in a 6.0.
yes and couldn't be happier with it. The launch goes high and carries well.

Was fit into the EF Riptide shaft for my driver and fairways last week in California, and they've been great thus far.

While I've hit a few PX shafts on sims, I've never gamed one, so my comparisons are more closely related to UST shafts rather that other PX options. Coming into the Grandaddy, I had been gaming the UST Mamiya The ATTAS shaft (51g), and have really enjoyed it. Prior to that was a Helium proto that was about the same weight. While I've had great experience with the UST family, I've been looking for an opportunity to try out something from the PX family.

My fitter, Nick, had me try out the Riptide 50g 5.5 and after even just a few swings could tell that it was a very smooth shaft and felt like it was giving me some good mid to high launch, coupled with the new driver. I have two and a half rounds in with it thus far, and super excited about them.

Ended up with the 50g 5.5 in driver and 60g 5.5 in my fairways.

Was fit into the EF Riptide shaft for my driver and fairways last week in California, and they've been great thus far.

While I've hit a few PX shafts on sims, I've never gamed one, so my comparisons are more closely related to UST shafts rather that other PX options. Coming into the Grandaddy, I had been gaming the UST Mamiya The ATTAS shaft (51g), and have really enjoyed it. Prior to that was a Helium proto that was about the same weight. While I've had great experience with the UST family, I've been looking for an opportunity to try out something from the PX family.

My fitter, Nick, had me try out the Riptide 50g 5.5 and after even just a few swings could tell that it was a very smooth shaft and felt like it was giving me some good mid to high launch, coupled with the new driver. I have two and a half rounds in with it thus far, and super excited about them.

Ended up with the 50g 5.5 in driver and 60g 5.5 in my fairways.
This is the shaft that I am most interested in trying. Do you recall your swing speed? I have been playing a 5,.5 EF blue in my driver, and Stiff flex in all my other clubs, and want to see what a good starting point would be for me.

This is the shaft that I am most interested in trying. Do you recall your swing speed? I have been playing a 5,.5 EF blue in my driver, and Stiff flex in all my other clubs, and want to see what a good starting point would be for me.
I was 95-98 mph and play the 5.5 and have no issues. I think this flex plays a bit stiffer than flex.

I was 95-98 mph and play the 5.5 and have no issues. I think this flex plays a bit stiffer than flex.
That is what your comments and JB's thoughts suggest, so I think if I were to go with this shaft, I should start with the 5.5. Thanks!

That is what your comments and JB's thoughts suggest, so I think if I were to go with this shaft, I should start with the 5.5. Thanks!

Driver? Going in your new SpeedZone?

Driver? Going in your new SpeedZone?
I will definitely be going with a SpeedZone as soon as they are available. I am set on trying the UST LIN-Q after hearing about it from Danny Le, and the Riptide based on the feedback here and the fact that I am currently playing the EF Blue. Aside from those two, I am open.

I think that's a good call. I go back and forth between 5.5 and 6.0, depending on the shaft. 5.5 in the Riptide was perfect for me at about mid-90s SS.

i took a few swings with it and it’s closer to the EF Blue than HZRDUS in terms of stiffness. Where the EF Blue felt firm in the hands and more active in the tip, I felt the Riptide not as firm/harsh in the hands and a stiffer tip. Reminds me a lot of the White Tie.

i took a few swings with it and it’s closer to the EF Blue than HZRDUS in terms of stiffness. Where the EF Blue felt firm in the hands and more active in the tip, I felt the Riptide not as firm/harsh in the hands and a stiffer tip. Reminds me a lot of the White Tie.
Oh I like that. I might need to find one at a reasonable price.

I will definitely be going with a SpeedZone as soon as they are available. I am set on trying the UST LIN-Q after hearing about it from Danny Le, and the Riptide based on the feedback here and the fact that I am currently playing the EF Blue. Aside from those two, I am open.

solid choices, I really want to try this one as well, @Tenputt is all over it and I really value his feedback

solid choices, I really want to try this one as well, @Tenputt is all over it and I really value his feedback
Definitely one of the reasons I am so interested in trying it, as well as JB's comments.

I like those two shaft picks (y)

Are you playing the 6.0? That thing is as stout as stout gets.

It is interesting how we all have different perceptions. To me, it is not a relatively stout shaft. On the spectrum between Hzrdus and EvenFlow, it is much closer to EvenFlow, which it should be, if it is the successor to EvenFlow.

Back