Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Ok, I’ll ask, why no buzz here like we have seen with every other PX release lately? Especially considering we are getting it in a major release RIGHT out of the gates of its lifecycle for no upcharge?
I've been wondering this toooooo. Maybe the mid/mid is scaring people off?

I've been wondering this toooooo. Maybe the mid/mid is scaring people off?
Hopefully not. That’d be foolish imo.

Hopefully not. That’d be foolish imo.
I forget that people can launch the ball low. This unfortunate soul needs a low/low to have a fighting chance at golf so the Riptide has my attention but I need to test it before I can commit.

I forget that people can launch the ball low. This unfortunate soul needs a low/low to have a fighting chance at golf so the Riptide has my attention but I need to test it before I can commit.
I wouldn’t assume that it wouldn’t work if I were you. We had some launchers of the ball in our group that got on with it well.

I wouldn’t assume that it wouldn’t work if I were you. We had some launchers of the ball in our group that got on with it well.
Grrrrrrr making my blind order harder!

I know my Riptide is not exactly what you'll find on the shelf, but there really should be hype surrounding this thing. It is a BEAST. I love every thing about mine, and the friends I have whom I have let hit the stock 6.0 shaft all love it. It really is a solid package!

I say give it time. More and more people are getting a chance to test mavrik line up and once people get past smoke green being available in SIM and SZ, they’ll see riptide might be a better fit in Mavrik over whatever combo they try in other offerings.

I say give it time. More and more people are getting a chance to test mavrik line up and once people get past smoke green being available in SIM and SZ, they’ll see riptide might be a better fit in Mavrik over whatever combo they try in other offerings.
I love that all these high end shafts will end up being sold cheaper in a few months as people tweak. I I need my collection to growwwwww

I was in GG last week twice and I heard numerous people saying things like: "you don't want that, it's made-for..." or "never buy a stock shaft" etc.
There very much is an impression out there the stock shafts are real ****y.

The store guy was young and had no idea when asked.
I know their Callaway Rep was there, so they have the information available to tell people, but are not doing so.

If I had my phone with me, I would have pulled up the video from Callaway verifying this.

With this shaft you are getting a lot of bang for you dollars.
I almost order this shaft online for $300, just before the embargo ended. I'm happy I waited.

I was in GG last week twice and I heard numerous people saying things like: "you don't want that, it's made-for..." or "never buy a stock shaft" etc.
There very much is an impression out there the stock shafts are real ****y.

The store guy was young and had no idea when asked.
I know their Callaway Rep was there, so they have the information available to tell people, but are not doing so.

If I had my phone with me, I would have pulled up the video from Callaway verifying this.

With this shaft you are getting a lot of bang for you dollars.
I almost order this shaft online for $300, just before the embargo ended. I'm happy I waited.

Misinformation is tough to battle, especially when the consumer is actually getting an incredible value on this shaft (and Callaway’s other stock options for the Mav). I love the Riptide. It’s as good a fit for me as any stock shaft I’ve tested.

Misinformation is tough to battle, especially when the consumer is actually getting an incredible value on this shaft (and Callaway’s other stock options for the Mav). I love the Riptide. It’s as good a fit for me as any stock shaft I’ve tested.

To be honest though, shouldn’t that blame fall on the shaft manufacturers and not the general public?

To be honest though, shouldn’t that blame fall on the shaft manufacturers and not the general public?
I'm not blaming Joe Public, but the information they think they know they take as gossip. This is were JP is mistaken.
If the store rep knows better, they should say something.

I had this shaft in a demo I tried on Saturday night. Played like 36 holes on the simulator with it in the Mavrik and in my Epic Flash. Man is this thing (standard version. The CB wasn't available at our shop) feels great to swing. Everything felt SOOOO smooth with it. Swung the 6.0 flex and it felt perfect. No problem loading it and the flight was perfect to me. Still waiting to test the SIM next week but no matter what driver I end up considering, this shaft will be going in it. And I know it's been said on here plenty already, but the paint job on it is absolute fire!

Nah, I blame TM. They started this shenanigans.

I hit the Riptide for the first time yesterday in the Mavrik driver and I fell into a nice groove with it. It seemed like a nice match for my swing. I will definitely be looking to demo again. The first time through I completely for got to even turn the shaft over and look at the graphics so sadly I've still not seen the paint job

I hit the Riptide for the first time yesterday in the Mavrik driver and I fell into a nice groove with it. It seemed like a nice match for my swing. I will definitely be looking to demo again. The first time through I completely for got to even turn the shaft over and look at the graphics so sadly I've still not seen the paint job
DSC01144-XL.jpg

I really liked the feel of the riptide in the Mavrik but I would think the 6.5 would be a better fit for me. Just too much spin and launched was too high and right.
Going back today to run them all again and I am going to try teeing it lower if they have a shorter rubber tee, the one I used yesterday had the ball almost above the clubhead and my normal height is about 1/4 to 1/2 a ball above.

Profile might not be what fits you. That happens.

I’m looking forward to having my tester (RT 6.5) finally installed in the Original One. Gonna be an amazing combo.

Interesting stuff in this thread and liking the look of these Riptide shafts. Future consideration here for sure.

I hit the Mavrik driver yesterday for half an hour with the Riptide 50 gram stiff shaft. No matter how hard I went after it and even with the high right block that I see when I fail to release the club, the shaft remained very stable and kept spin under 3000. For a shaft in the 50 gram class, that is remarkable. I am truly surprised it was not offered by more OEMs in this year’s new clubs.

This is a really good shaft and would work for a lot of people.

I hit the Mavrik driver yesterday for half an hour with the Riptide 50 gram stiff shaft. No matter how hard I went after it and even with the high right block that I see when I fail to release the club, the shaft remained very stable and kept spin under 3000. For a shaft in the 50 gram class, that is remarkable. I am truly surprised it was not offered by more OEMs in this year’s new clubs.

This is a really good shaft and would work for a lot of people.
There are a LOT sleeping on it on the internet at the moment because of the Rogue, both for name recognition and resale. The Riptide isn’t getting the buzz I expected it to, but it’s early.

Now to install my tester in my OG One finally...

Back