Project X HZRDUS Shaft Thread

Novice question alert:
Is swing weight calculated as the total physical weight of a club? If so, how does adding a counter weight and increased head mass = less or same swing weight?
(I can try to clarify that question if it doesn't make sense to anyone not currently residing inside my noggin)

Swing weight is a combination of the center of mass of the whole club and the mass of the club.

If you take a 200 gram club that is D2 and put 10 grams on the head you will gain 5 SW points, or D7. Take the same club and add 10 grams to the grip and you will loose 2 points or D0. Both have the same mass, but very different swing weights because of where the mass was placed.

DB

Swing weight is a combination of the center of mass of the whole club and the mass of the club.

If you take a 200 gram club that is D2 and put 10 grams on the head you will gain 5 SW points, or D7. Take the same club and add 10 grams to the grip and you will loose 2 points or D0. Both have the same mass, but very different swing weights because of where the mass was placed.

DB

Thank you, It seems I was confusing "weight" with "mass" in my mind, but your explanation was very clear.

This thing is getting a ton of play it seems. I thought I recalled them putting up 19 or something in tour bags? That's huge.

That is a big number James. I don't think that this shaft would fit me in the least, but it is an awesome looking shaft.

Dat yellow, tho.

That is a big number James. I don't think that this shaft would fit me in the least, but it is an awesome looking shaft.

Low and low. Sign me up for that every day of the week! Can't wait to see more about this beast.

Low and low. Sign me up for that every day of the week! Can't wait to see more about this beast.

Ya we all cannot have your swing unfortunately sir. I bet you can find one if you look, probably expensive though

This thing is getting a ton of play it seems. I thought I recalled them putting up 19 or something in tour bags? That's huge.

That's insane numbers.

The only other shaft I can think of with this sort of growth, this quickly was the Rogue. (just off the top of my head anyways)

That's insane numbers.

The only other shaft I can think of with this sort of growth, this quickly was the Rogue. (just off the top of my head anyways)

And this comes without the breakage of the rogue.

Last edited:

That Yellow! I'm a fan for sure.

You could name it Megatron

Really thinking that yellow is going to be my base! Eye catching and different for sure. I can go with a little megatron action for a name. Fits on a couple of different levels.

Really thinking that yellow is going to be my base! Eye catching and different for sure. I can go with a little megatron action for a name. Fits on a couple of different levels.

GT For Sure.

If there was a blue one, Canadan would faint.

As a scientist, this is totally want want want!

If there was a blue one, Canadan would faint.

I really REALLY hope we get one of these in for review. Blue or not, the concept intrigues me like crazy. That said, I'd probably lean towards the non-CBed version just because I'm me.

THP will have them in hand soon and let's not forget that a group of THPers will be at Project X HQ in a couple of weeks and I'm sure will get all the details at the THP event.

I really REALLY hope we get one of these in for review. Blue or not, the concept intrigues me like crazy. That said, I'd probably lean towards the non-CBed version just because I'm me.

Don't play it off. You'd faint.

THP will have them in hand soon and let's not forget that a group of THPers will be at Project X HQ in a couple of weeks and I'm sure will get all the details at the THP event.

That, is badass.

This shaft is getting serious play on tour. Every week I am hearing about more guys testing it out.

This shaft is getting serious play on tour. Every week I am hearing about more guys testing it out.
Between this, and the AMT iron shafts, TT/PX is rolling on tour.

If you tweet any good questions, and include @THPGolf we will retweet the good ones.

Back