PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT CAGED

I like the look. Not aware of the spike issues. If they wanna send me a pair I’ll test em out. :D
Hahaha, you’re too kind! :p

Why do I feel like my shoe collection is going to grow exponentially this year? Seems to be heaps of great options coming down the pipe.

The more I see, the more I want!

well, I do need a set of spikes...

The new color combos are ???

Yeah, these look super comfy. Might be time to get my first pair of Puma Golf Shoes!

I like the look, and assuming they have fixed the spike issue, I will have a pair of them for this year

Well played PUMA, well played. Very clever.

I think I'm going to buy a couple of pairs, spike issue be damned (but hoping it was corrected)

I got a pair of PWRADAPT Caged when my NXT disc wire broke. They were going to send me another pair of NXT, but I asked if I could pay the difference and go with the Cages. They obliged and I only had to pay another $30. I got them in hand a week ago or so. I have been wearing them around the house a bit in case they needed a break in period. First of all, I don't think they do. They are comfortable as hell right out of the box. They look great. Assuming the pod issue is resolved, these shoes are going to be perfect for me. The most comfortable pair of spiked shoes I have ever owned so far. But, I will know for sure once I am able to get them out to the course.

I love Puma, but until I hear from those actually using them for a period of time that the spike issue is resolved, I would never put my own money into the Pwradapt-style shoe. The Proadapts are my favorite all time golf shoe, but the Pwradapts, not so much.

i could rock those

IMG_9535.jpgIMG_2414.jpgIMG_2415.jpg

#1 - PWRADAPT v1
#2 - PWRADAPT v2
#3 - PWRADAPT v2

So Puma clearly made changes to address the pod issue. The noticeable change is that silicone layer has been extended to cover the entire base of the pod, and seals against the plastic base of the cleat. I would imagine that the compound that previously cracked has been tweaked, but no way to know.

Obviously I don't know if these will also fail, but I'd guess it would take much longer if they do.

As for the fit--they seem more like the NXT than the ADAPT. The foot opening is bigger though (in case you couldn't get your foot into the NXT like me), and the shoe itself is slightly longer than the ADAPT, kinda like the NXT. They are also a less substantial around the ankle than the ADAPT, but they are every bit as comfortable as the original. So it will continue to be the shoe for me.

Last edited:
View attachment 8927907View attachment 8927906View attachment 8927905

#1 - PWRADAPT v1
#2 - PWRADAPT v2
#3 - PWRADAPT v2

So Puma clearly made changes to address the pod issue. The noticeable change is that silicone layer has been extended to cover the entire base of the pod, and seals against the plastic base of the cleat. I would imagine that the compound that previously cracked has been tweaked, but no way to know.

Obviously I don't know if these will also fail, but I'd guess it would take much longer if they do.

As for the fit--they seem more like the NXT than the ADAPT. The foot opening is bigger though (in case you couldn't get your foot into the NXT like me), and the shoe itself is slightly longer than the ADAPT, kinda like the NXT. They are also a less substantial around the ankle than the ADAPT, but they are every bit as comfortable as the original. So it will continue to be the shoe for me.
Thanks for the spike photos and updates!

I will wait until long term test results are in on the spikes/pods. I loved the comfort and need spiked for early morning dewed grass but after going through 3 pairs where spikes failed, I am hesitant. I’m confident the issues are now resolved but will wait a bit.

#1 - PWRADAPT v1
#2 - PWRADAPT v2
#3 - PWRADAPT v2

Great post Paul. Thanks for the comparison pics.

Those who have tried both - are these as comfy as the NXT Ignite spikeless? Those are my current favorites and I have not had any slippage issues with the spikeless and the disc versions have been fantastic

Anyone have these as a daily driver yet?

Those who have tried both - are these as comfy as the NXT Ignite spikeless? Those are my current favorites and I have not had any slippage issues with the spikeless and the disc versions have been fantastic
Almost as comfortable. But, I've only worn the caged around the house at this point. A little firmer sole. But, to be expected with a spiked shoe. The NXT was the most comfortable golf shoe I've owned. But the caged is the most comfortable spiked shoe I've ever owned.

Thanks @phoffer and @radiman

Looks like these will be purchase at some point - just need to find somewhere local that has them to make a decision on colour

#1 - PWRADAPT v1
#2 - PWRADAPT v2
#3 - PWRADAPT v2

This post is quite useful. I'm still hesitant but at least it looks like they are doing something to the design that might add a bit more longevity.

I keep trying to decide what color, I don't love the grey cage on the navy option, I think I've landed on the grey disc version.
71RJA1HzpfL._AC_UX575_.jpg

Back