Russ - I usually put tape under the non-Pure grips.

maybe i can just tape the very end so if i ever need to remove it i wont have to cut it off

That's a good idea. This sounds low rent, but here's what I do. Regular old masking tape and put some water in the grip and pour it out before install. No slipping that I've seen.

That's a good idea. This sounds low rent, but here's what I do. Regular old masking tape and put some water in the grip and pour it out before install. No slipping that I've seen.
Total skim here, but is this a Method of installing if you don't have an air gun?

Total skim here, but is this a Method of installing if you don't have an air gun?

Freddie, look up a few posts. I installed them on my wedges without the gun. Just warm water and soap, and a little elbow grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank War!

i have the gun but not the pure grips... just wanna combat slippage with non pure grips

This grip system is amazing!!! They allow you to easily adjust grip size by adding/removing tape without wasting expensive grips in the process.

This grip system is amazing!!! They allow you to easily adjust grip size by adding/removing tape without wasting expensive grips in the process.
how so?

i did the pure grip install with a couple of winn grips and a golf pride tour wrap
tapeless and solvent free
my only knock on it is the very end of the grip seems to "move" around when im swinging the club
That's cool. I was very curious if this would work for other grips.

I didn't look at older posts, but you have not installed the actual pure grips with the gun? Wondering if you noticed those move.

That's cool. I was very curious if this would work for other grips.

I didn't look at older posts, but you have not installed the actual pure grips with the gun? Wondering if you noticed those move.

never had an issue with pure grips moving at all

Ok I have dilemma. Here is what I own and want to match or coordinate as best as possible.
I have R11 irons( silver and red nut)
668_G_1313916396724.jpg

, Razr Hawk 3wood and driver (all black)
329_P_1305467206989.jpg

. I also have a blue, white and black Sun Mountain golf bag.
g122513.jpg

I want to try a midsize grip for a bit.

30063596_im__________0_gsi

Would you guys go with the red, blue or black pure grips? Give me your thoughts and why. Thanks.

Edit for pictures.

Last edited:
Amazing, thread started Aug 2010, now that Hank is involved, all over the air. Look fwd to trying them.

Go blue, a little Color is cool.

Ok I have dilemma. Here is what I own and want to match or coordinate as best as possible.
I have R11 irons( silver and red nut), Razr Hawk 3wood and driver (all black). I also have a blue, white and black Sun Mountain golf bag. I want to try a midsize grip for a bit.

Would you guys go with the red, blue or black pure grips? Give me your thoughts and why. Thanks.

I'd go white because
1. It's an "in" grip colour right now and..
2. It would match all of your clubs, taken that you want a universal grip.

If you use the Pure Grips gun and an air compressor, you can take the grip off with out cutting it.

ive tried it and those babies dont come off when they have tape underneath... i had to cut off the old grips and remove the tape

ive tried it and those babies dont come off when they have tape underneath... i had to cut off the old grips and remove the tape
Did you use double sided tape or masking tape? If you just use masking tape to get the grip diameter to how you like it then they should come off easy as. If you use double sided tape it is still possible to get the grip off you just have to crank the pressure up a bit. I've managed to remove plenty of standard grips off new clubs with double sided tape and/or glue underneath. Usually takes a bit of stuffing around but usually comes off. Just hold your hand on the grip or else you will blow it up like a balloon!

thanks... ill try to build up the ends with masking tape

I have R11 irons( silver and red nut)
668_G_1313916396724.jpg

, Razr Hawk 3wood and driver (all black)
329_P_1305467206989.jpg

. I also have a blue, white and black Sun Mountain golf bag.
g122513.jpg

I want to try a midsize grip for a bit.

30063596_im__________0_gsi

Edit for pictures.

Bump for Monday morning group. Thanks for the help guys.

Black or white imo.

Just picked up the package on rockbottomgolf.com and put my grips on. What a freaking breeze. They feel great too.

Had my first experience with these grips at the PGA Show Demo Day. Really cool how they just blow on/off with no grip tape and solution. Not sure if if I'm a fan of the feel or texture though.

Back