Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
This past Saturday it was in the upper 30s and used my push cart with ewheels to play 23 holes. I was a little sore the next day but I do enjoy walking!

This past Saturday it was in the upper 30s and used my push cart with ewheels to play 23 holes. I was a little sore the next day but I do enjoy walking!
Have you had any issues with the ewheels?

been pushing a lot lately while i recover...went in to the local shop today and saw some nice, new clicgears...i had to walk out.

So question for the mafia.. What do you do if the course is absolutely soaked? I tried to push someone's today and it seemed like a bad option in the conditions.

So question for the mafia.. What do you do if the course is absolutely soaked? I tried to push someone's today and it seemed like a bad option in the conditions.
If the course is so wet that its hard to push a pushcart you probably shouldn't be playing. I'm not gonna slop around in standing water.

If the course is so wet that its hard to push a pushcart you probably shouldn't be playing. I'm not gonna slop around in standing water.

It was fine. Sort of. It's hilly though, and trudging through the lows, and then up hill, didn't seem like it would be fun. Definitely didn't seem wise without cleats, and an abundance of energy.

It was fine. Sort of. It's hilly though, and trudging through the lows, and then up hill, didn't seem like it would be fun. Definitely didn't seem wise without cleats, and an abundance of energy.

I'd golf everyday, but ya that doesn't sound like a good time. Maybe stay on the cart path and do 90° to ball still to avoid the low areas.
Playing with @shanewu this Sunday and have already told him it will be a no go if CPO. Not a course that is any fun at all if CPO.

And this is another reason I am wanting a MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley for days like this.

I'd golf everyday, but ya that doesn't sound like a good time. Maybe stay on the cart path and do 90° to ball still to avoid the low areas.
Playing with @shanewu this Sunday and have already told him it will be a no go if CPO. Not a course that is any fun at all if CPO.
It doesn't actually have cart paths (that's why we go there when it monsoons), but the only reasonable option seemed like carting like there is and it's CPO. Sort of. I raced across the drier spots. I was just wondering what the cart die hards do in that situation.

When it’s wet my home course gets really soft and soggy but it is flat so it’s not too bad. I try to stay away from the bad parts. I usually wear my spikeless shoes for walking but I keep the spikes in the trunk and wear those if I know it’s really wet.

It doesn't actually have cart paths (that's why we go there when it monsoons), but the only reasonable option seemed like carting like there is and it's CPO. Sort of. I raced across the drier spots. I was just wondering what the cart die hards do in that situation.
Basically just have to try and avoid the puddles, is kind of normal over here. The worst part is trying to get the cart back in the car without covering everything in water and mud!

I have both a remote controlled cart (in the shop) and a Clicgear and we play in any conditions unless course is closed (short Canadian season) and the trick is to look ahead and read the fairway to avoid the low areas. Luckily tge cars manoeuvre well and roll nice so you can give them a push sometimes if you get too close and walk around the water.

As far as loading into trunk, if really wet, pre-Covid my course has an sir compressor to blow off grass, water, etc from carts, shoes so maybe there is one available where you play. The rubber cargo mat in my SUV is a bonus especially with grass you pick up as you can remove everything from hatch, slide it out and give a shake or hose it off and dries rather quickly.

100% in...reflecting back on this past season I realized that I only rode for 3 rounds total (Not counting my league that requires riding for pace of play). Probably not a coincidence that my game improved greatly this year, walking just helps!

I have both a remote controlled cart (in the shop) and a Clicgear and we play in any conditions unless course is closed (short Canadian season) and the trick is to look ahead and read the fairway to avoid the low areas. Luckily tge cars manoeuvre well and roll nice so you can give them a push sometimes if you get too close and walk around the water.

As far as loading into trunk, if really wet, pre-Covid my course has an sir compressor to blow off grass, water, etc from carts, shoes so maybe there is one available where you play. The rubber cargo mat in my SUV is a bonus especially with grass you pick up as you can remove everything from hatch, slide it out and give a shake or hose it off and dries rather quickly.

We use the hose that the staff uses to clean the power carts. I have a pickup truck so getting the trunk dirty is a non-issue!

If it's that wet, I'm wondering if the course is even playable... but if it's open, I'm walking. Worst case, I have to pull my cart up the hills. Other than that, it's just looking ahead and trying to avoid the standing water.

I think I need a cart bag to make this a more viable option this year

If it's not a hilly course I'll push my cart.

I'm carrying my bag. I'm not 80.:p:eek:

Back