Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Oh man it’s been a godsend for my back, neck, and shoulders! The mess in the car isn’t fun, but it’s worth it.

I've seen a photo of someone using a big reusable cloth/canvas bag/tote in their trunk. I thought that was an excellent idea. I have a pickup so i wasn't terribly attentive

If someone had a choice between Clic Gear 4.0 and Bag Boy Nitron.....

Man it's tough

Man it's tough
I have a Clic Gear 3.5+ and my son has a Bag Boy Nitron. I always take the Nitron over mine if he doesn’t go and play with me.

I have a Clic Gear 3.5+ and my son has a Bag Boy Nitron. I always take the Nitron over mine if he doesn’t go and play with me.

Any specific reason for that? They both sound like great carts, just trying to find something that pushes me one way or the other.

Any specific reason for that? They both sound like great carts, just trying to find something that pushes me one way or the other.
I guess I like the easier opening of the Nitro and I like the storage bag under the handle and I like the water bottle holder better.

I walked 27 on a tough par 3 course Saturday and it felt good

You gotta get a trunk liner. So nice to take it out Dump off any debris and then hose it down. Put it back in. No vacuuming the trunk at all.
I do have a truck liner, still couldn’t have all that vegetation anywhere near me. And bringing that stuff home and dumping it on my lawn/driveway is a no go.
Also, on some courses ( typically hiily and challenging) using a baby stroller is more of a hindrance. They can’t navigate waste areas, most penalty areas, hilly terrain etc. It always seems they have them parked on the wrong side of the green when we finish putting out and they have to completely circumnavigate the the green to get to the next tee box. So they contribute to slow play. On flat parkland courses, no problem, Now if you, have health and fitness issues, yes, they rock!

Walked for the first time in a while after work today. Calves only burned for the first five or six holes. Gotta keep waking more.

Man it's tough

i am leaning toward the nitron myself

Do two-wheel carts count? Like BagBoy M-350 style, but older and with a water bottle holder haha. I can pull or push mine. Uphill, downhill...no problems. Carts make everything easier.

D8B71428-B676-4C05-A6A6-C013341F08BA.jpeg

loving the nitron...it does make me ponder a bagboy cart bag, tho :rolleyes:

How do you like that bag? Looks like it sets pretty good on the cart.

I've used it as a carry bag for a couple years, its awesome. One of the best all around carry bags IMO. ONe the cart it stayed in place pretty well, no adjustment needed during the round, and the bottom didn't collapse too bad. My one quibble with the Hoofer is that even with a 5 way top, club tangle can happen with a couple Gatorades and a sweater in the side pocket competing for space.

I snagged a push cart this week. An employee of mine buys abandoned storage units and asked me if I wanted a cart he found. He only wanted $75 for a Bagboy Nitron so I couldn’t refuse. I used it nine holes today before I got too hot and rode on the back. I liked it a lot; my last cart was 20 years ago and a two-wheel pull cart. 2A3A608A-FB7D-44CA-BF7C-4322410A20DA.jpeg

I've been rocking the new push cart for several rounds and starting to get in a rhythm with it. I think this could work out. I still don't mind carrying the bag, feel a little fresher by the end of the round than when carrying.

Time to pimp up these push carts with an electric motor guys. best of both worlds.

Since the accident destroyed my CG 8, it’s now been replaced by a CG 4
E63812ED-C4EB-4550-AD10-A030C54B7F89.jpeg

Added some horse power to my pushcart today!

38f1154652153f5ac47f71168d42c402.png

loving the nitron...it does make me ponder a bagboy cart bag, tho :rolleyes:

ponder no longer. if you have and dislike bag rotation when one a side-hill lie, you can eliminate that. I don't use the top strap at all with the bagboy bag. The bottom I do but honestly it could be removed. super combo

I really want to be, but I'm not willing to spend the money on one quite yet. I enjoy walking. For maybe 1 month a year, I'll get up early and walk (carry) 9 at my local course. But then it always seems to go away and I just don't walk anymore than that. Hard to justify spending money on a good cart for something that I only seems capable of committing myself to for maybe 15 9 hole rounds per year.

And then there's the issue of which cart to get, which I've agonized over for the past year really. CG 4 or bag boy nitron. And then there's the issue of which bag to use on a cart. I love my c130 cart bag, but from what I've read, it doesn't particularly like push carts (CG4 especially). So then I have my wilson nexus stand bag (circa 2015), but again, at least with CG, sounds like you need to buy a part for hold the from twisting. But the CG has better accessories IMO. Ugggh, why does purchasing golf gear have to be so hard.

~Rock

@Canadan Are you going to enter it this year?

I have a Big Max Auto Fold FF (Fold Flat) and I use it at least once a week and twice a month on Saturdays'
Walked 18 on last Saturday for 11,000 steps, we had a 3 some and kept up with the foursome in carts in front of us.
Price on these bad boys has gone up a $100 since I got mine. "Market Pricing".....

Back