In a moment of putting frustration, I impulse ordered an Evnroll ERV11 mid lock putter. I like the big, full length alignment. I've rolled it a few times now on a practice green. it has potential. First, it is quite different from the Bettinardi armlock I used last year. The setup is more comfortable. Feel isn't as good, but it works. Roll is consistent. My plan was that I could return it in the 14 day window if it didn't fit my interests. It might have a chance to stick around. It is also one of those putters that the more you use it, the better it gets. And, thinking of @KEV's recent armlock feedback (similar to my Betti experience), my distance control with it is surprisingly good. Short putts are stupid easy. More testing needed.

29 putts today and I was on fire. Felt good to roll it well and see the putts drop.

Blade.
Alternative.

From Cantlay over the weekend via a golf.com article:

Two minor changes. That’s all it took for Patrick Cantlay to turn into a worldbeater on the greens at Caves Valley. Cantlay switched to Scotty Cameron’s Phantom X 5 mallet earlier this season at the Zurich Classic and won three starts later at the Memorial.

“A little different for me, I switched over into a mallet,” said Cantlay, who switched to the mallet after playing a Scotty Cameron GSS Prototype for years. “It’s more face-balanced, so it felt just a little easier to aim and it felt a little easier to swing just straight back and straight through. Launch conditions have been really good and I’ve been making some putts.”

10am I enter the SAM Putting Lab at Pinehurst for a long awaited true putter fitting. Can’t wait to collect some data.

I’ve been very “meh” with the Atlanta lately and wanted a putter for my putting stroke. Of course my last round I had 3 birdies on the back 9 so the Atlanta is fighting to stay in the bag and not get demoted to the closet.

Excited about this fitting!

From Cantlay over the weekend via a golf.com article:

Two minor changes. That’s all it took for Patrick Cantlay to turn into a worldbeater on the greens at Caves Valley. Cantlay switched to Scotty Cameron’s Phantom X 5 mallet earlier this season at the Zurich Classic and won three starts later at the Memorial.

“A little different for me, I switched over into a mallet,” said Cantlay, who switched to the mallet after playing a Scotty Cameron GSS Prototype for years. “It’s more face-balanced, so it felt just a little easier to aim and it felt a little easier to swing just straight back and straight through. Launch conditions have been really good and I’ve been making some putts.”
I'd be down to receive "a bunch of putters" from Scotty with the CT on them in order to 'find a great fit' hahahaha

I'd be down to receive "a bunch of putters" from Scotty with the CT on them in order to 'find a great fit' hahahaha
Would you be willing to call them mallets at that point? ;)

Would you be willing to call them mallets at that point? ;)
Sure, and since we're talking in "never gonna happens" I'd flip all the extras to pay off my golf membership for a few years hahaha

Sure, and since we're talking in "never gonna happens" I'd flip all the extras to pay off my golf membership for a few years hahaha
Hypotheticals are fun!

My putting lately has been keeping my scoring from being much worse but I need to get back to practicing putting more regularly!

Feel like I'm hitting a stride with the Sik DW ever since putting a SS Pistol GT 2.0 on it. Allows me to really grip the putter with my fingers, which is key to be putting well. My putts per round don't seem to be dropping much but my scores have gotten much better and I feel like part of that is my confidence with putter in my hands.

I grabbed a Seemore to try again, but sitting on that until league is officially over. Pretty sure my partner would kill me if I made any equipment changes during the playoffs. Lol

Continue to put in nightly work on putting. Added some extra weight to my Ping Anser to see how that feels. Also feel like I've been pretty automatic with a Spider Tour putter right now, not only with making putts but hitting my initial line. Leaning towards the Anser right now just because that's what I had in the bag my last round.

All honesty, I'm just waiting for CPO to have a putter sale at this point haha

Continue to put in nightly work on putting. Added some extra weight to my Ping Anser to see how that feels. Also feel like I've been pretty automatic with a Spider Tour putter right now, not only with making putts but hitting my initial line. Leaning towards the Anser right now just because that's what I had in the bag my last round.

This is something I've been trying to get back into. Been practicing with my Seemore to try and get that feel back for a CS putter. Not a ton of golf in the next couple of weeks, but the Seemore is officially in for a bit.

This is something I've been trying to get back into. Been practicing with my Seemore to try and get that feel back for a CS putter. Not a ton of golf in the next couple of weeks, but the Seemore is officially in for a bit.

my SeeMore was in for a few weeks.

my SeeMore was in for a few weeks.

I was automatic with one when I went to check out the new PGASS and I couldn't help myself. I will say I do think the RST trains your eye to lining up square to the line.

It’s been so dark and rainy today I’ve had the lights on all day. I think this calls for some putting practice. Going to focus on getting it to the hole. I’ve been leaving too many putts short.

It's been such a crazy year for that... I was all in waiting for a Vegas H7 but the prices skyrocketed on used. Sucks.

What are you wanting to pick up?

For lagging putts, the last thought in my mind is proper distance. I had an easy 15 ft putt the other day in a two man scramble, and didn't follow this advice. I wanted to make it so badly the last thought in my mind was direction. I rammed it 8t ft past the hole and felt like a fool. Fortunately my partner sank his attempt at the putt. Usually, always, I stick to my rule and make distance the last thing that goes through my mind.

It's been such a crazy year for that... I was all in waiting for a Vegas H7 but the prices skyrocketed on used. Sucks.

What are you wanting to pick up?

Honestly, I don't know. I've eyed the two ball ten lined slant neck all year.

Doesn't @jdtox have that one? Or something similar?

I think he has just the lined version without the two balls on top. I could be wrong on that though.

I think he has just the lined version without the two balls on top. I could be wrong on that though.
Correct

Rapid fire....

better insert: Microhinge Star or SIK.

Ready Go!
Oooh tough. Hard to compare to the 3D model I think vintage line would be a better comparison.

Back