Rapid fire....

better insert: Microhinge Star or SIK.

Ready Go!

Feel goes to Microhinge & roll goes to Sik for me. Speaking specifically about the Supernova. My milled Sik is a nice combo of both. Microhinge is one of my favorite inserts ever too.

The reason is said the 3D isn’t a fair comparison is because of that hollow feeling I sometimes get. The SIK face rolls really well but I do think the Microhinge star edges it out slightly in the feel and wear dept.

I think he has just the lined version without the two balls on top. I could be wrong on that though.

I have the Ten S 2 Ball - got it right before I visited Utah last week. Took the Swag and Ten S with me ... switched it out for 2 rounds and then played the Ten S 2Ball and grew more accustomed to it. Will play it for a while and see what happens.

Ok, this is crazy, but it works! In conjunction with the saw grip that I've used now for 3 rounds, I started doing this. Only one round so far, but this is money!

Rapid fire....

Ready Go!
SIK milled, at least on an actual SIK putter. Microhinge Star feels fantastic but I think the SIK provides a better roll and still feels good.

Rapid fire....

Ready Go!
Microhinge star for me.. i like the softer feel and feel I get a better roll

My recent putter experiments are a fail. :eek: I like Evnroll putters but could not figure out the mid lock. White hot OG 2-ball was good but not what I expected. Both are moving through the universe on new paths. ;)

The m-craft IV remains the gamer. Played today on very fast greens, and it was solid. Blue wins. :geek:

What the hell is this

gonna give the white hot og #7 annother go here in a bit...the elevado just scoffed

my putting has gone down the drain past few weeks. mostly because i just haven't been playing and lost touch and feel. i notice when i lose the touch, i start getting..."jabby". I just smack the ball around the green. of course the first thought is to get a new putter. but i'm really holding myself back on this right now. back to fundamentals and practice we go.

I am in a SUPER weird place right now..

Three straight rounds with the blade alternative. Put the Rat back in play for the back 9 today and it felt weird.
I don't remember the last time it felt anything other than perfect.

I am in a SUPER weird place right now..

Three straight rounds with the blade alternative. Put the Rat back in play for the back 9 today and it felt weird.
I don't remember the last time it felt anything other than perfect.
See. You poisoned your putting with that MALLET.

See. You poisoned your putting with that MALLET.
I am both terrified and fascinated by it.

Next round out has to be back to the blade alternative, right?

I am both terrified and fascinated by it.

Next round out has to be back to the blade alternative, right?
After coming here to check up with how things were going for you, the simple answer is YES. Keep it in for 3-5 rounds without switching. Give it a fair shot before you throw it out.

After coming here to check up with how things were going for you, the simple answer is YES. Keep it in for 3-5 rounds without switching. Give it a fair shot before you throw it out.
I like where your head is... and what is the worst thing that happens, I finally accept the real naming convention of my blade alternative?

Narrowed the stance slightly tonight and it was a game changer. Stroke was true. I dropped two 20+ foot putts for birdie that were in the whole way. Hopefully I can keep that up

As a competitor you always want to get better. But the questions I have are: where do you plateau? How much better can you get? Are your ideas realistic?
For me I can answer it this way.
For the season my average putts per hole are 1.91, and I think that is very good. I would very much like to get to 1.5 putts per hole; that would be 27 putts per round-
Can I get there? ThTs a great number
realistically, I would love to be at 30 putts per round. That’s at 1.66667 per hole. Doable I think. What is everybody’s average

I used my compact players mallet that was en fuego at the Mizuno Experience yesterday for the first time since. It was still en fuego. :oops:

While waiting for the Artisan blade, I am liking the Odyssey Ten 2 Ball Slant - while it has heft at almost 35 inches, it has a lighter swingweight than other putters of a similarly weighted head (350-365g). Can't remmber the SW but it lighter than others I had weighed. Combined with the soft arms stroke (Faxon, Utley, etc), it is working well. I have abandoned being a shoulder rocker.

While waiting for the Artisan blade, I am liking the Odyssey Ten 2 Ball Slant - while it has heft at almost 35 inches, it has a lighter swingweight than other putters of a similarly weighted head (350-365g). Can't remmber the SW but it lighter than others I had weighed. Combined with the soft arms stroke (Faxon, Utley, etc), it is working well. I have abandoned being a shoulder rocker.
From blades to 2balls to stroke changes..

You're living on the edge of madness!

From blades to 2balls to stroke changes..

You're living on the edge of madness!

Yes, yes I am. :ROFLMAO:o_O

I started studying Utley about 12 years ago. Read his putting and short-game books. The more athletic putting stroke (a mini golf stroke, sort of) interested me. When he taught Sergio, around 2009 (give or take a few years), I watched Sergo on the putting green, and the soft arms with elbows bending was subtle. I just could not commit to it. During the Artisan fitting, we went two hours with John teling me about the stroke and me executing it. Afterwards, I went to youtube and found Faxon and TIger vids on the stroke. I wasn't sure about the follow-through - the vids helped.

Living on the edge is what I do. One day soon, I will need to stop changing things and find what works for me and then stick to it.:D

Last edited:
I think I'm jumping back to Spider Tour for tomorrow's round.

Back