I didn’t hide it from y’all. You knew it was coming.

And @KEV I’m sorry Can we still be friends? ;)

I mean, I guess so. But if people come near us and you're using that putter I may pretend not to know you.

Spent about 20 minutes with an Inovai on the putting green tonight.

358 is VERY heavy for me. I think my max might be around 350. But it's an awesome stick.

I'm the same way with weight. That's been my struggle with the Atlanta is the heft it has. I've been toying with my 340 gram ProType and it feels so good. Needs a new grip though.

This has become my favorite thread
I'm SO glad we have threads like this, where we can just banter putting and putters without worrying about specifics like singular heads or etc.

LOVE seeing continuous conversation on THP. It makes me so happy.

I'm the same way with weight. That's been my struggle with the Atlanta is the heft it has. I've been toying with my 340 gram ProType and it feels so good. Needs a new grip though.
What weight is in the port of your Atlanta?

I've got two with A7 in it, but noticed the 2019 San Diego I got came with S20.

I game the Atlanta and don’t think it “feels” heavy, I assume because of the counter weight.

@KEV do you think it “feels” or “plays” as heavy as the listed weight?

What weight is in the port of your Atlanta?

I've got two with A7 in it, but noticed the 2019 San Diego I got came with S20.

It has the A7 in it. I honestly don't know what the actual head weight is, it just feels heavier.

It has the A7 in it. I honestly don't know what the actual head weight is, it just feels heavier.
Should be right around 352 then.

That's still pretty heavy (overall) depending on how long you're playing it.

I game the Atlanta and don’t think it “feels” heavy, I assume because of the counter weight.

@KEV do you think it “feels” or “plays” as heavy as the listed weight?
I should rephrase my previous comment, the weight took some adjustment but I've been doing fine with it lately. Going from a blade to mid mallet was probably the bigger factor.

I’ve had a lot of weight issues with my Atlanta. I bought the weight kit too. Never could get it good

Reactions: KEV
Should be right around 352 then.

That's still pretty heavy (overall) depending on how long you're playing it.

35 inches. It was more of a struggle at the beginning when it had a thinner, lighter grip on it but after replacing that it's been way better.

I mean, I guess so. But if people come near us and you're using that putter I may pretend not to know you.

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
I should rephrase my previous comment, the weight took some adjustment but I've been doing fine with it lately. Going from a blade to mid mallet was probably the bigger factor.

That makes sense. My Atlanta has been money for me inside of 20 ft but on longer lag putts I have noticed I struggle with speed control.

But it’s soo good from close range that it makes up for it in my opinion.

Stroke lab jailbird mini .....

E49926D1-044E-4469-A982-F8856971EBCC.jpeg3F0BF31F-C097-443A-BE4B-D6B9C394362B.jpeg55DEE71E-CE32-4F41-8F20-2D247CA93BE7.jpegECCC53B5-6CB7-420D-B9AE-322562E75A34.jpeg

This just in. Vault Anser 2. Have to get I reshafted, I got it cheap but short.
B0EE6D4C-CBC5-4D5A-8510-2EA51F1C04E4.jpegBBBA65B0-0FB7-4F75-8A55-ED81B22FA3E0.jpeg1082A8E6-F338-4BE8-85D2-0A094D5E164B.jpeg

Here’s the competition, my 1966 TR, which has a bit more toe hang - not sure if shaft and grip change for the Vault will change that. Vault has firmer super precise feel, but at 31” I’m not as accurate as I will be at 34”.

View attachment 8910876View attachment 8910877View attachment 8910878View attachment 8910879

This just in. Vault Anser 2. Have to get I reshafted, I got it cheap but short.
View attachment 8910880View attachment 8910881View attachment 8910882

Here’s the competition, my 1966 TR, which has a bit more toe hang - not sure if shaft and grip change for the Vault will change that. Vault has firmer super precise feel, but at 31” I’m not as accurate as I will be at 34”.

Why are those putters backwards? :joy:

Stroke lab jailbird mini .....

you shut your mouth.

Also, I think I've realized that I like blade putters....as long as they are ridiculously upright haha. I picked up some random anser style blades in the store the other day and they felt flat as all hell, and I couldn't putt for crap with them. Got home and realized how much more upright my columbus is currently sitting than them, and realized that's why I like it so much.

Having recent switched courses I’ve seen a huge difference in my putting results. My last course had some of the best greens I’ve ever played on, true, quick, but what I’d call fair. My new course has decent greens, not as nice, but definitely still good. But my word do they undulate. Up, down, left, right. And quick. There’s not stopping the ball on some of the slopes. You either hit the right tier or you’ve got a helluva putt to get the ball to the pin.

I’ve had more four putts in the last month than I’ve had in the last 3 years.

There’s nothing quite like hitting a putt to see it come back to your feet. :mad:

the upside is that I will eventually be a really really great putter. I hope.

Spent about 20 minutes with an Inovai on the putting green tonight.

358 is VERY heavy for me. I think my max might be around 350. But it's an awesome stick.
Do you even lift, bro?

1.7Ish nickels of weight, c’mon dan!

Something is showing up in a box tomorrow, well somethings.

You all get to wait until Tuesday to see though. :devilish:

Having recent switched courses I’ve seen a huge difference in my putting results. My last course had some of the best greens I’ve ever played on, true, quick, but what I’d call fair. My new course has decent greens, not as nice, but definitely still good. But my word do they undulate. Up, down, left, right. And quick. There’s not stopping the ball on some of the slopes. You either hit the right tier or you’ve got a helluva putt to get the ball to the pin.

I’ve had more four putts in the last month than I’ve had in the last 3 years.

There’s nothing quite like hitting a putt to see it come back to your feet. :mad:

the upside is that I will eventually be a really really great putter. I hope.
That would be pretty frustrating. I've played courses like that and it took some of the fun out of it. I agree though, it should sharpen your putting skills though!

Couple somethings waiting for me at home that should get some iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting convo going here very soon.

Found a Metal-X Milled #6 in good condition on E-Bay. Even came with the blacked out shaft...so I bought it. I know that it's not really a massive change from the putter I currently game, but it's a putter I owned years ago and felt dumb for selling, so I'm glad it's back in the stable. I figure if this doesn't really do anything to improve my putting, it's as much proof as anything that I need to switch things up and try something really different from what I've been using the past few years. But it's so darn pretty.

Rolled the spider x today for my quick 9.

I still think I like my blades better, but I will admit that it felt nice. Alignment felt weird since there are no vertical lines besides the face.

Back