Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor - THP Review Thread

Really interested in your thoughts on this! Really good start so far.

No Android, no interest. :confused2:

No Android, no interest. :confused2:

I feel you. Although, I did see on their Twitter page where they said it'd be available in Q12020. I'm guessing COVID had something to say about that, but I wonder how far behind it could be.

Well look at that. Been 6 hours already. Let's GOOO!!

Always interested in something portable that doesn't cost more than an appliance.

This looks amazing, hopefully it's pretty accurate and we can get an Android version and would be sweet. Makes me wonder though if we can do this with just our phone, what's stopping it from just being software? Guessing you can't charge $500 for software lol.
Would love to know the inner workings of this thing to see what data it is taking from the phone to see if it would be possible without the device to make something similar.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This is curious to hear about.

Right now it shocks me that there are no relatively affordable launch monitors that are actually useful.

I get that skytrak and gc2 is outside the budget for most golfers, but at that $500 price point there should be something that works reasonably well.

Glad to see THPers excited for this one. I have some limited time with one, and am looking forward to @ddec comparison.

I love seeing ball speed and smash factor captured in addition to the other data points. Curious how it’s going to fair against the Foresight GC2 and if there are variances, what those drivers are.

Also, curious about how it interfaces with the phone. Taxing on the battery? Does it charge the phone or does one of the components have to be plugged in?
Lastly, I definitely interested in seeing the UI and how easy it is to navigate and make sense of your data.
I’m sure there’s lots coming in the review but this one is exciting!

I'll definitely pay attention to this review!

Looking forward to your thoughts @ddec

Why can't we get spin for 500? All I want is launch and spin haha

I used to think the same thing....before I saw the light.
View attachment 8964927
I don't want Mrs Nut to know where I am all the time with the "find my Iphone" app :eek:

"Yeah honey, I'm still at work." "FORE!" "Oh yeah forgot to tell you, we are playing office Bingo today."

Why can't we get spin for 500? All I want is launch and spin haha
I would say because high tech cameras that get spin accurate are still rather pricy

I would say because high tech cameras that get spin accurate are still rather pricy
I realize that was just attempting to be funny. But in reality thats all I want. Even the fancy and I'm sure very expensive Trackman Range that we have here gives you everything BUT spin, probably for the same reasons.

I need a portable launch monitor and this looks perfect for what I'm wanting. With all the time on the range I spend this is very ideal. I'm excited for sure!

I love seeing ball speed and smash factor captured in addition to the other data points. Curious how it’s going to fair against the Foresight GC2 and if there are variances, what those drivers are.

Also, curious about how it interfaces with the phone. Taxing on the battery? Does it charge the phone or does one of the components have to be plugged in?
Lastly, I definitely interested in seeing the UI and how easy it is to navigate and make sense of your data.
I’m sure there’s lots coming in the review but this one is exciting!

You open the app on your phone, and the phone is just resting basically on this block, acting as your launch monitor screen. You're hooked up to it via bluetooth or device wifi, that part I'm not sure which.

I have the prgr black which is good. But interested in seeing this

Not sure about posting guidelines to another site but you can get $75 off directly from Rapsodo. Code GA01. (Third letter is a zero). Also free shipping and no sales tax. Code’s from an equipment review site. Saved about $105 + shipping if applicable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it's very tempting, and it looks like a good combo of numbers... $499 is still a bit out of my "range" (so to speak).

Also- there is a problem I can see right off the bat for those of us who frequent stand alone Driving ranges.

1- I didn't see if there was a compensation for the reduced distance range balls most of those places use. Even as good as the balls are at my locals, they are still 'reduced flight' Srixon Range balls.

2. 6-8 feet? That is also an issue at most of those ranges. 6-8 feet puts the device squarely in the middle of the walkway behind your particular stall. At least at both of my local ranges. If not right in the middle, close enough to have to worry about some guy checking his phone and not paying attention to what he's doing or where he's walking. I SUPPOSE, you could bring a Tripod and stand it up over the top to at least try and signal folks to avoid the area.

I realize that was just attempting to be funny. But in reality thats all I want. Even the fancy and I'm sure very expensive Trackman Range that we have here gives you everything BUT spin, probably for the same reasons.
I know and it would be nice. I actually want something that shows club face data also but don’t want to spend $10k

Really looking forward to this one

this one is set for a workout this weekend. I measured our my indoor space last night and 6 feet is going to be tough. I'll give it a shot though and see what comes of it. Should be able to setup with my net in the back yard as well as try an driving range. People are going to think Im Bryson out there with two launch monitors haha.

Also, little delay on the in hand photos. Took them before heading to a golf tournament with my old man and left the camera at his house. I can snap some quick ones later today. I'm pretty impressed with the size of this thing. Even can fit in my valuables pocket on my golf bag which is nice. But mostly Ill be using the clip on case that it comes with.

Back