Rate your course management ability.

What do you rate your course management ability?

• Total voters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
See the poll. Rate your opinion of your course management ability.

when i shot my PB a few weeks back, i'd give that a 6...just a few shots that i let get away from me.

I give myself a 7. I usually have a plan or idea as to what I need to do. Sometimes, I deviate from that.

I need to do better avoiding trouble off the tee; and hitting the safest part of greens. Something I can improve upon for sure.

Before the age of 20 I was certainly a 1, under age 30 I’d rate myself a 3, but I finally got smarter by the age of 40. :) I’d rate myself and 8 or 9 now as I don’t throw away many shots by being aggressively dumb or trying to hit the hero shot. I hit fairway wood off the tee more than any of my regular playing buddies which helps me avoid the penalty shots/double bogey or worse holes.

This is what I struggle with, I am working very hard on course management, and see flashes of improvement - but the focus is limited and sometimes fleeting. That said, I continue to work on it, and see my scores improve when I am successful with it.

Now focus and manage for 18 consecutive holes - that would be feat.

So, 5.

I selected 8 because there’s always room for improvement. As the years roll by, good course management is key to maintaining a single digit handicap.

Went with a 7. Sometimes I know when to back off, and sometimes I laugh at that notion as I do something stupid.

Then there’s the whole execution thing… :/

I voted 3. I don't manage the course, it manages me

I chose 4. I know what I want to do, but getting it done is a different story.

@Jman this is going to be my focus this off season.

A solid 9. My shot execution rating is probably down to a 3 though.

I chose 4. I know what I want to do, but getting it done is a different story.

Next Wednesday we only have one thing on the course to manage. Having fun!

I give myself a 7. 90% of my misses are bad execution as opposed to bad strategy.

I’m about at a 4. I’ve learned a little bit this year thanks to trial and error, but I still make some silly mistakes each round. Trying to limit those mistakes as much as I can and not get greedy.

I went with 7. Sometimes I do play smart and other times... I get a little too aggressive. I also don't know what I don't know so I am sure there is plenty to learn and improve on.

Maintaining? 10
Playing? 6

I do hate when I try to play conservative and screw that up too. Nothing worse than laying up on a par 5 and chunking a wedge.

Enter the new 2 Hybrid….for those days when I know better but decide to play stupid anyway.

I should sell that line to Callaway.

I have learned to not take unnecessary risk but still don't plan shots based on the next shot. 🤷‍♂️

10 being the best or worst?

Either way I’m picking 5.

I go in with a plan to have the best course management. But something always screws up that thought process. So now I tend to just think of one hole at a time & not try to hit shots that are beyond my capability. No more "Hero" shots, just keep it in play & don't compound the mistake

I know what I want/need to do, pretty much every time. Execution, is where things get squirrely.

Back