Rookie of the Year

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
I think it's safe to say that atm, Keegan Bradley got this in the bag. what do you think? this is the topic I had in mind earlier but for some reason, wrote down Player of the year. LoL

I wouldnt say in the bag, but he is definitely leading.

Charl Swartzel will get some votes too.

Would be surprised if it was not Keegan. 2 wins with one being a major just about locks it up.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

I wouldnt say in the bag, but he is definitely leading.

Charl Swartzel will get some votes too.
that's true. what is it? top 20 on all 4 majors is what I heard on the Morning Drive. that's quite a feat for a rookie too.

In my book Bradley is the epitome of "Rookie of the Year". Everything screams rookie when you watch him play. I love it!

There is still a lot of golf yet to be played, but right now I would say Keegan is on top with the 2 wins, one being a major.

It is hard for me to believe that Keegan will not win it at this point.

It is hard for me to believe that Keegan will not win it at this point.

I agree with Keegan winning ROTY. The way he came back at AAC to win a Major should easily get him the nod. Charl will definitely be int he running, as well he should be, but Keegan is fresh on everyones mind.

I agree with Keegan winning ROTY. The way he came back at AAC to win a Major should easily get him the nod. Charl will definitely be int he running, as well he should be, but Keegan is fresh on everyones mind.

And he's won twice this year. Could potentially be Player of the Year as well?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791844,174.712065
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like all are saying Bradley is a easy pick

IMO... Charl will get votes but Keegan should win. He had a good year and he just seemed to be there everytime that I would watch a telecast.

Alex

That was actually talk this morning on Morning Drive. KB being both ROTY and Player of the year and I must say, he makes a good case.

I think so, and Charl really isn't a Rookie in the truest sense of the word. Is he even a full PGA Tour member?

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also think Keegan will win ROTY. He deserves it.

Charl Schwarzel has got one of the nicest swing I've ever seen, but watching him on the European Tour for years makes it hard for me to think of him as a rookie. Keegan Bradley is definitely my pick, young, playing in a aggressive, "rookie-like" manner and not afraid of anything.
/pb

The only way I could see it not being Keegan is if Schwarzel wins the FedEx cup.

I agree with most on here that Keegan Bradley should get ROTY. He is a rookie in the truest sense of the word. Charl Schwartzel may be playing his first year as a member of the PGA Tour but he is hardly a rookie. It will be interesting to see Bradley's performance in the playoff events and if it advances his name in discussions for Player Of The Year as well.

Charl Schwarzel has got one of the nicest swing I've ever seen, but watching him on the European Tour for years makes it hard for me to think of him as a rookie. Keegan Bradley is definitely my pick, young, playing in a aggressive, "rookie-like" manner and not afraid of anything.
/pb

Agreed. He is a rookie according to the rules of the award, but his experience seems to make it seem a little unfair to consider him for me! Anyway, I think Keegan is ahead.

The only way I could see it not being Keegan is if Schwarzel wins the FedEx cup.

Fair point, we might want to see how the FedEx plays out first. Could throw a spanner in the works!

we have 4 fun weeks ahead of us. I wonder which rookie will step up on the playoffs. should be a good 4 weeks of golf.

I think Charl has got a great chance. He has played great all year. I think as of right now it's a toss up between Keegan and Charl, but their playoff performances could definitely separate one from the other.

Back