Rory Jumeirah Shoot

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
552559_273985009348265_152976388115795_630123_1174259142_n.jpg

537153_273985062681593_152976388115795_630124_1335396636_n.jpg

546210_273985172681582_152976388115795_630128_1069659489_n.jpg

Full album:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.273975122682587.64946.152976388115795&type=1

That is sick.....like I'm really gonna be sick thinking about being on top of that thing.

no. They don't make the money that it would take to get me to do a photoshoot up there. I am getting vertigo just looking at these pictures.

I'd like one of those hats.

Kevin

no. They don't make the money that it would take to get me to do a photoshoot up there. I am getting vertigo just looking at these pictures.

No kidding. No way I'd be up that high.

That's so awesome. I'd love to hit balls from up there!

I wonder how high they would bounce if you dropped a ball off there...

That would depend highly on what it hit. I doubt it would bounce at all of you hit the water or sand down there. A concrete walkway would be a different story...

Spot the engineering student.
That would depend highly on what it hit. I doubt it would bounce at all of you hit the water or sand down there. A concrete walkway would be a different story...

It'd be rather hard to figure out. For moderate distances you can determine it finding potential and then kinetic energys and using Newtons laws. But at large heights air resistance starts to affect the kinetic energy, making it rather complicated to figure out.

It'd be rather hard to figure out. For moderate distances you can determine it finding potential and then kinetic energys and using Newtons laws. But at large heights air resistance starts to affect the kinetic energy, making it rather complicated to figure out.

You put more thought into that than I ever would. Tip of the hat.

Spot the engineering student who got here a little too late for the joke to be funny.

I kid, I kid.

Just some Physics. It could easily get more complicated. But I agree, this is not a simple kinetics problem.

Couldn't you simply determine the terminal velocity, distance fallen to reach terminal velocity, total speed, then adjust bounce nmbers accordingly by factoring in both the balls and the concretes C.O.R. values?

Course, I'm the english whiz, so no clue what I am talking about.

You guys don't impress me. :act-up: If you start talking about how hard someone would have to throw the ball back at Rory, THEN I will be impressed.

Couldn't you simply determine the terminal velocity, distance fallen to reach terminal velocity, total speed, then adjust bounce nmbers accordingly by factoring in both the balls and the concretes C.O.R. values?

Course, I'm the english whiz, so no clue what I am talking about.

No sir, you'd have to do some other things like determine the air resistance on a golf ball over certain distances relative to it's mass. You can use it's mass to find out what you "think" the potential and kinetic energies will be, but you'd almost have to run multiple tests of it to find out what the actual values are. If you dropped something like a bowling ball, you could probably just turn it into a simple physics problem.

Can we talk about compound complex sentences and the moral and social values of "The Catcher in the Rye" now?

No sir, you'd have to do some other things like determine the air resistance on a golf ball over certain distances relative to it's mass. You can use it's mass to find out what you "think" the potential and kinetic energies will be, but you'd almost have to run multiple tests of it to find out what the actual values are. If you dropped something like a bowling ball, you could probably just turn it into a simple physics problem.

Can we talk about compound complex sentences and the moral and social values of "The Catcher in the Rye" now?

No way. I do not like that.

Cool idea for a photoshoot, but I hope those arent the final shots. None of them are particularly stellar. And for a sponsor that rich, you'd figure they could atleast get the ridiculous looking astro-turf somewhat even.

Also, I think it's funny how white Rory's hand is compared to his arm from wearing a glove. And I'm sure FootJoy is enjoying him wearing Nike shoes for the shoot.

Even a bowling ball would hit terminal velocity at that height...

Cool idea for a photoshoot, but I hope those arent the final shots. None of them are particularly stellar. And for a sponsor that rich, you'd figure they could atleast get the ridiculous looking astro-turf somewhat even.

Also, I think it's funny how white Rory's hand is compared to his arm from wearing a glove. And I'm sure FootJoy is enjoying him wearing Nike shoes for the shoot.

I can tell you right now that those aren't even close to final. Neither the perspectives that were shared on Facebook, nor the colour, contrast, or exposure are likely close, either. Once they get everything dialed and lay it out, it'll probably look almost nothing like what we see in those images. It'll be fun to look back on them later to spot the differences.

Back