RoundersRob. A legend.

El Bandito

Reaction score
Handicap
13 ish
I have been delaying starting this thread in the hope that I could find the right words to express myself. Alas, no inspiration has come, so this may ramble a little. I posted a thread entitled 'where to tee it up in the USA in August?'
In a nutshell, I am crossing the pond on business and will be visiting Dallas and Denver. My co-Director is then going onto Florida to meet up with his family. (Based on my advice from a thread here they will be staying at the Reunion Resort!)
Needless to say my fellow THPers came up with lots of good advice. One of my key concerns was the heat, I imagine Texas gets pretty toasty in August.

RoundersRob gently chimed in (along with others) that California might be worth looking at. This appealed, as Pebble Beach sits high on my 'places to play before I die'. I began to ask about where to stay, where to play etc....

Without hesitation Rounders offered to take me round his course...a little Couples designed gem called San Juan Oaks. Oh, and he would pick me up from the airport.

"Oh and why not use my spare room?

You like wine? Great. I am a collector - my cellar is your cellar."

i was, am, and will remain staggered by the generosity and hospitality of this offer. I will be taking him up on it.

Mr Rounders Rob, Mrs Rounders Rob. you are both legends.

Hackers of the Paradise. You have created something very very very special here.

Last edited:
Rob is certainly a great human being. He understands the concept of selfless acts and is one amazing person who would help you in a heartbeat.

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

I said the same thing in another thread, but The Hackers Paradise is without a doubt in my mind one of the friendliest places I know.

God bless the game of golf and god bless THP!

I saw that thread and was amazed at his generosity. It's one of the great examples of why I love THP. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Rob and his wife Lisa at the outing just a couple of weeks ago. They're the nicest couple you could ever meet, and we are certainly honoured to call them our friends now.

That's a great gesture. You're gonna have a blast out there, enjoy! :D

well done rob!

Hi, I'm Jesse. Kidding, I have had the pleasure of meeting Rob twice and he is as good as they get. Well done!

very nice of RR.

Just another shining of example of how THP > anywhere else!

The generosity flows around this pace like nothing else!
This community and the members are amazing!

I haven't met him yet in person, but I can already tell that Rob is good people. He's invited me to come over and play San Juan Oaks with him, offered to help me plan my birthday trip, pick me up on his way to Vegas...yeah, he's an alright guy, I'd say. I'm really happy the trip is going to work out for you, Bandito and hopefully I will be able to meet up with you guys.

That's really awesome. Truly amazing, good job

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Way to go Rob

A thousand cheers to you RoundersRob!

forum

I haven't met him yet in person, but I can already tell that Rob is good people. He's invited me to come over and play San Juan Oaks with him, offered to help me plan my birthday trip, pick me up on his way to Vegas...yeah, he's an alright guy, I'd say. I'm really happy the trip is going to work out for you, Bandito and hopefully I will be able to meet up with you guys.

It would be fantastic to meet you. No guarantees on the quality of golf, but we'll have fun!

Back