So, I am quite new to running (going on a few weeks now) and I recently bought a pair of actual running shoes. When I tried them on in-store, they felt fine. After 3 running sessions with them, they hurt the inside of my foot, a little. Would a new insole help with this, or is there simply a break-in period? Anyone have any insole recommendations?

It's hard to say, it could be so many things, It might be too early to tell, but you might go to a dedicated running store and ask someone there if the ware pattern looks like you are in the correct shoe or not.

It's hard to say, it could be so many things, It might be too early to tell, but you might go to a dedicated running store and ask someone there if the ware pattern looks like you are in the correct shoe or not.

Nail on the head. It's amazing what goes into a proper shoe fitting and is generally free.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Running

Just registered for the lottery for NYC Marathon. Fingers crossed.

Just registered for the lottery for NYC Marathon. Fingers crossed.

Good luck in the lottery! NYC is one of the best "big" marathons.

Ran 18 miles today. Just over a month out from my first marathon. These runs just get suckier and suckier

Ran 18 miles today. Just over a month out from my first marathon. These runs just get suckier and suckier

That is where the mental toughness needs to kick in. That last third of the marathon is what separates the men from boys.

I did a 7 mile run this morning and I absolutely hate running in cold weather. I running by yourself wasn't bad enough.

As a Flyknit and Lunar fan, I may need these when it comes to to replace my Lunar Flyknit 1+.

The new LunarEpic, released today.

http://store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/lunarepic-flyknit-running-shoe/pid-10871565/pgid-11115802
NIKE-FLYKNIT-LUNAREPIC-818676_003_A_PREM.jpg

I ran my first marathon today. Man what a grueling experience. But man was it worth it to o cross the finish.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I ran my first marathon today. Man what a grueling experience. But man was it worth it to o cross the finish.

Congrats!

Congrats Wake!

I may pick your brain in regards to the preparation you did.

Did you set any personal goals as in finishing time?

Congrats, Wake Bud.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Congrats Wake!

I may pick your brain in regards to the preparation you did.

Did you set any personal goals as in finishing time?
My original goal was 4:30, dropped it to 4:15. Ended up at 4:25. I'm not a runner and have never been fast, just a plodder. Feel free to ask anything. There are certainly things I would do different.

Last edited:
My original goal was 4:30, dropped it to 4:15. Ended up at 4:26. I'm not a runner and have never been fast, just a plodder. Feel free to ask anything. There are certainly things I would do different.

Congrats man!! Saw this morning on FB...very cool.

That's a lot of running. Congrats dude.

Congratulations Austin!! Just completing a marathon is impressive, but that is a pretty darn impressive time as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well just got the notice I wasn't selected for the NYC Marathon. First year, but not letting that hold me back. Time to find the next big city to run my first marathon.

Well just got the notice I wasn't selected for the NYC Marathon. First year, but not letting that hold me back. Time to find the next big city to run my first marathon.

FWIW, I've done NYC twice and numerous friends have completed it too. Our unscientific results say guys get accepted on the 2nd year and gals get in on the first year. No complaints; just observations from a large running group of males and females.

Lots of great fall marathons to choose from...Marine Corp in DC, Chicago, Twin Cities, Portland, etc.. I'm doing Twin Cites this fall.

FWIW, I've done NYC twice and numerous friends have completed it too. Our unscientific results say guys get accepted on the 2nd year and gals get in on the first year. No complaints; just observations from a large running group of males and females.

Lots of great fall marathons to choose from...Marine Corp in DC, Chicago, Twin Cities, Portland, etc.. I'm doing Twin Cites this fall.
I'm going to put in for the Marine Corps I think.

Just registered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon on 4/24. Time to start pushing my training tomorrow morning.

Just registered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon on 4/24. Time to start pushing my training tomorrow morning.
Get after it buddy, that's awesome.

Back