Scottie Scheffler vs the Field?

I will say this much…he’s going to get to expensive to put him on your fantasy golf roster soon if he’s not there already

He has 2 wins in the last 2 weeks. He also has 2 wins in the last 52 weeks. Wake me up when he’s won a second major.

As long as it’s Scottie dominating, and not Rory, I’m good.

I think that's basically where we are at presently.
He has 2 wins in the last 2 weeks. He also has 2 wins in the last 52 weeks. Wake me up when he’s won a second major.
weeks, months......whatever ya wanna call it. Dude has 7 Professional wins in the last 24 months add in another if ya include one more month.

One of those is a major. Please.....take a look at his placement in those majors. lol Nice try

He has 8 wins in barely over 2 years which puts him near Tigers average. I know memories are fond, but Tiger also had major gaps between wins

) think that not having Scottie in future lineupswould be a problem. . . makes there bets against him difficult. Wonder how many people will feature him in Masters

Not too sure he's at the Tiger level yet. But he's moving the needle. Seems as though he will be the favorite every time he tees it up.

I think we’re darn close to this being the case. I want to see him do it in the majors though

I don’t think we are quite there yet. 1 major and a players doesn’t put him in Tiger’s league yet. However if he continues to putt wel he could get there. I think he needs another major win or two then we can have that discussion.

you can bet on anything, so…sure. Not saying it’s a smart bet though.

If you believe that Clark is the second best player in the world right now then sure

For everybody saying not there yet (assuming you don’t skim), I believe Tiger averaged around 4.5 wins a year for his long stretch.

I’m not sure we can say it’s too soon. Less top talent, seems to win in bunches and when he is in the field he is a dominant favorite.
He's in a league of his own currently on the PGA Tour, and with less top talent around him, give me Scheffler over the field.

I wonder what his handicap is.

*2nd best on PGA Tour, maybe.
He's making a case for #2 in the world right?

In the last 12 months he's won
Wells Fargo*
US Open
Pebble Beach*

Runner ups
Players*
Bay Hill*

9 Top 10's in 22 starts.

*Elevated Events, but also do not include Taylor Gooch.

Wells Fargo*
US Open
Pebble Beach*

Runner ups
Players*
Bay Hill*

9 Top 10's in 15 starts.

Good post. Any reasonable person is taking Gooch against the field.

and becuase I expect @War Eagle to ask for Rahm numbers...I'll add them. Same time frame.

Wins
Masters

Runner Ups
Mexico Open at Vidanta
The Open

7 top 10's 16 PGA and DP World Tour Events

If he can just keep his strokes gained putting above 0 he is going to be tough to beat. His ball striking is stupid good. He’s as good as Tiger was with an iron and better off the tee. He doesn’t even have to be as good of a putter he just has to be better than he has been prior to the last two weeks.

and becuase I expect @War Eagle to ask for Rahm numbers...I'll add them. Same time frame.

Wins
Masters

Runner Ups
Mexico Open at Vidanta
The Open

7 top 10's 16 PGA and DP World Tour Events
Beat me to asking the question.

Thank you.

*No Gooch.

This seems........reaching.
I don’t know. Feels accurate. Tiger had so much else going for him though. Intangibles made real..

Wells Fargo*
US Open
Pebble Beach*

Runner ups
Players*
Bay Hill*

9 Top 10's in 22 starts.

The original tweet said “on planet earth”.
There are some guys playing elsewhere who might have something to say about it.

Scheffler is beating the guys who are in front of him. That’s all he can do. But we know he’s playing half a field, so even with all the wins I can’t put him in the Tiger category.

I also observe that every so often someone gets hot for 12-24 months. The Tiger comparisons start. Then the guy comes back to earth and we stop with the comparisons. I put Scheffler in this category.

Back