Scottie Scheffler vs the Field?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
During Tiger’s run, this was quite the topic. Have we reached that point with Scheffler yet?

I tried the field in fantasy this week. That worked out horribly. His odds are getting near Tigers each week.

Too early, even with the diminished fields.

I think it’s too early but there’s a chance. Odds are he won’t be the next Tiger but he could be a mini Tiger. If it weren’t for his putting woes last year though I think it may be a different answer.

I think so. Only a select few have been able to battle him week in and week out.

I don’t know if we’re quite there yet. However, if the putting gets better we might be there soon

Couple putts and maybe this conversation would be about Wyndom Clark. Scottie playing well. Best to have this discussion after Masters.

He’s no tiger. But as closest to it in current pga tour golf. So if relax bet to top 10 verses field…he’s a lock. To win outright. He’s go a lot of closing to do.

I don’t think we are quite there yet but boy is it getting close. If he can make the putter continue to work I think it can get there.

Current tour he may have unlocked the cheat code with figuring out how to putt

The majors will be fun this year

If he keeps his putter going it’s very similarl

Yes. Will he dominate like Tiger did? I don’t know. But he is the favorite every week he is teeing up for then time being.

Let’s hope the neck issue he was having earlier in the week don’t cause issues down the road. If I remember correctly he said in an interview early in the week that he would play in Houston and not the week before the Masters. If he comes out and wins another Masters he will be getting as close to Tiger as we might ever see

For everybody saying not there yet (assuming you don’t skim), I believe Tiger averaged around 4.5 wins a year for his long stretch.

I’m not sure we can say it’s too soon. Less top talent, seems to win in bunches and when he is in the field he is a dominant favorite.

For everybody saying not there yet (assuming you don’t skim), I believe Tiger averaged around 4.5 wins a year for his long stretch.

I’m not sure we can say it’s too soon. Less top talent, seems to win in bunches and when he is in the field he is a dominant favorite.

With Scottie putting well, I think we are there

I feel like with his new putter this may be a topic!

It’s not an outlandish question by no means. He’s a great talent that deserves the respect that the question brings with it as he’s constantly in contention or near the top.

If his putting is really fixed and he stays confident.. look out. It will be a big year. Tee to green I would say he is better than Tiger. Off the tee he 100% is. Scheffler hits a lot of fairways.

If his putting is really fixed and he stays confident.. look out. It will be a big year. Tee to green I would say he is better than Tiger. Off the tee he 100% is. Scheffler hits a lot of fairways.

I agree. It all comes down to putting because tee to green, he is the best in the game currently.

I don't think he's anywhere near a true 50/50 to win, but he's the closet I remember since Tiger

He has got to be dang close to a him vs the field pick. Anytime he it teeing it up he has a great chance to win. I picked the field in fantasy golf this week and excluded him due to the no back to back champ thing and it didn't work out. I have Xander for my win but again he falls short.

Agreed. He barely misses a fairway then barely ever misses a shot.

If his putting stays like the last 2 weeks, he's so hard to top

I’d put the field over Scottie every week for right now. His putter is still under streaky category, but trending in the hot category.

Winning while injured this week was pretty Tigeresque. Can’t recall anyone else pulling that off.

When Scottie’s putting well it’s him v field. When he’s not, it’s not. Let’s see if he can maintain some consistency with the putter this season. If he does it’s all bets off. His ball striking is unmatched, and he doesn’t fold under pressure. Putting is the only real weakness.

Back