Scotty Cameron - Old vs New

2011 Newport 2 is a favorite one if that means new ok then

SC garage putter.jpg

Well now that we got that out of the way... lol
Yeah I mean I’d love to own something other than an OTR, if I had the cash I sure would and I’d game it. Not everyone is in the same position as you in a lot of ways most of all financially to even consider a tour stick. So most of all, people do what they can and are happy with OTR trash just like I am. I get it, I understand some of your points. And I’ll apologize now, I owned a pro platinum Coronado mid slant, I guess we can’t be friends. I was like 20 and it was my first Cameron... 🤷‍♂️
my first Cameron was a brand spankin new Studio Design 3.5

I loved that putter so much. The amount of sadness I have for parting ways with it... ugh.

This is one Scotty I would love to try

996C02FA-15B8-4D10-B6D5-ADAF65D34584.jpeg

And think this was an excellent blend of old school and new school

FB16FB00-60C8-44E5-AED5-A3C16CB8B3D9.jpeg

This is the answer to the question.

Thread can be closed now

classic1masterschoice_2.jpg

I suppose I’m somewhere in between... Though I’ll be the first to admit that I’m new to this world. I like the old stuff because it looks handcrafted and custom. No welds are the same. Etc.

But I also really like the mid-new stuff too. Its refined but still has character and doesn’t feel super mass produced. No inserts.

@Space Bandito you know, I get home and see a notification that you mentioned me in a post about scottys, and I'm like YESSSSSSS. But now I see that you might start a bar fight with 30 people and I just happened to be the only one meeting you at that bar for drinks. When I show up, you will tell everyone that I'm a quadruple blackbelt and my arms are two registered weapons. 30 vs 2, you and I. Yukon enters, we are saved.

Sorry I just got off a 96 hour shift again.

Anyway, yes Napas...mmmmmm.

While not what I would consider "old", I really love my Studio Select NP2. It just looks and feels right to me. I prefer a heavier putter and this one allows me to set the weight to my preference (370g). My wife liked mine so much, I bought her a Studio Select NP2 of her own. The new ones just don't do anything for me, especially because you can almost buy two very nice used Studio Select NP2s for the price of one new version.

While not what I would consider "old", I really love my Studio Select NP2. It just looks and feels right to me. I prefer a heavier putter and this one allows me to set the weight to my preference (370g). My wife liked mine so much, I bought her a Studio Select NP2 of her own. The new ones just don't do anything for me, especially because you can almost buy two very nice used Studio Select NP2s for the price of one new version.
I do consider the Studio Select to be old - which is why I like it. It was the first interchangeable weight model, but still kept the qualities and craftsmanship of the classics.

I've personally only owned new, but the old stuff intrigues me more. Seems more iconic.

1585843537524.png

Now we can close the thread...

I have salivated over Scotty's over the years. I always thought my first one would be a classic Newport or something. I ended up with this ugly thing. It is goofy, but it really performed for me. It will stay in the rotation for quite a while, while I keep salivating over the classics.
2017futura_6m_c.jpg

I have salivated over Scotty's over the years. I always thought my first one would be a classic Newport or something. I ended up with this ugly thing. It is goofy, but it really performed for me. It will stay in the rotation for quite a while, while I keep salivating over the classics.
View attachment 8934988
6M is a stellar putter. You just need to be blind to admire it.

haha, not even in the galaxy of my fav Scotty.

Plus, Tiger treats his putter like absolute ****

Naww I completely agree - but something clean and smooth about this one...If I had the opportunity to have any....something with oil can or stealth mode...

1585845427817.png1585845533758.png1585845631369.png1585845857313.png

Old > new in almost everything... almost.

Have been keeping my eye out for a good price on a used scotty. Do these tend to perform well after years of use? It seems like they hold their value better than any other club.

I know Tiger has played his forever...
So long as they’re taken care of and you’re not hitting rocks, they’ll perform excellently for as long as the steel holds up. Mine is in the neighborhood of 10 years old, and though it’s been restored it’s the best feeling putter I’ve ever held.

@Space Bandito you know, I get home and see a notification that you mentioned me in a post about scottys, and I'm like YESSSSSSS. But now I see that you might start a bar fight with 30 people and I just happened to be the only one meeting you at that bar for drinks. When I show up, you will tell everyone that I'm a quadruple blackbelt and my arms are two registered weapons. 30 vs 2, you and I. Yukon enters, we are saved.

Sorry I just got off a 96 hour shift again.

Anyway, yes Napas...mmmmmm.
🤣 ...my coffee is off the screen now.

I feel you about the shifts. I feel like I’m living at “the office”.

Back