Scotty Cameron putters

Pretty much every monday at 830am like clock work. Though its a relatively new thing, since Covid, so who knows if or when they might change it.

I'm bummed they don't seem to be selling apparel with the monday releases anymore. I was really happy to buy some great shirts without having to venture down to SD.
yea going to the store sucks right now since its window shopping only and no-one is allowed inside, so I didnt get the full experience

Ok awesome thanks for the info! I doubt ill be able to snag a putter online but it will be fun trying

I received my phantom x 12, I was uneasy about doing this as I've been down the mallet rabbit hole plenty of times.. But, to my surprise at first grip and stroke, I was elated and to be honest I haven't felt this way about a putter since I can remember. I'm actually excited to see what happens when I get outside and get it rolling!

I don't follow Scotty Putters that closely. They've never really worked for me before from a fit persepctive.

To my surprise I find out they are releasing a Phantom 5.5 with a slant neck inspired by the JT model and it will actually be available in LH. This might be the one that finally works for me.

Was looking for some extra 15g weights tonight. Ended up going down the Scotty secondary market rabbit hole.

Holy wow have things ever gotten expensive. My favorite so far is the current membership kit (that you can buy on their site for 119 + tax) for 160 dollars. Like, what?

Was looking for some extra 15g weights tonight. Ended up going down the Scotty secondary market rabbit hole.

Holy wow have things ever gotten expensive. My favorite so far is the current membership kit (that you can buy on their site for 119 + tax) for 160 dollars. Like, what?
I've got a few sets of 15s if you're still looking. CT and regular.

is it weird that i haven't cared about SC since the elevado came into my life?

What are the opinion on the Pistolero Plus grip on the current Phantom models? I think I'm going to order a new 5.5 with the slant neck and I'm debating with keeping the stock grip or putting a medium Matador on it. I figure if I don't like it I can get it regripped since shops around here stock the matador grips but I don't have a ton of experience with the stock pistolero style grip so I'm not sure what to expect.

Heard really good things about the new 5.5-- Wanting to roll one, but very hard ponder on it right now.

Saw this pop up on my local FB marketvfor $50.. worth a pickup to flip?
Screenshot_20210318-201127_Facebook.jpg

Not sure on the grip or shaft.. maybe worth it after a restoration?

Heard really good things about the new 5.5-- Wanting to roll one, but very hard ponder on it right now.
It frankly looks identical to the JT inspired model for 1/2 the price since it isn't a limited release. These 2021 Phantom models have the stainless steel face and not the aluminum like the 2019 Phantom X line. Outside the colors the only real noticeable difference is the lack of the welded neck look that the JT model has.

Saw this pop up on my local FB marketvfor $50.. worth a pickup to flip?
View attachment 8998609

Not sure on the grip or shaft.. maybe worth it after a restoration?

If it was mint you are looking at $300ish. I would agree with previous poster probably looking at $100-$150 resale.

You might get $100 out of it depending on condition. If you send it to SC, you will lose $350 on it.
Yeah I was thinking one of those independent guys that refinishes/customizes these.. something simple to increase the appeal but maybe no point in spending 250 on that just to sell for 300

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I was thinking one of those independent guys that refinishes/customizes these.. something simple to increase the appeal but maybe no point in spending 250 on that just to sell for 300

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like a good move. A lot of times if it is done outside the CS it will kill the value. Maybe things have changed now that a lot of the Scotty market has moved to the book of faces but I would be leery on sending it out.

Thanks for the info!
No prob. Even with a nice resto job, I doubt you'd pull in more than $200 if you tried to sell it. Maybe. It's just not a sought after putter.

Sounds like a good move. A lot of times if it is done outside the CS it will kill the value. Maybe things have changed now that a lot of the Scotty market has moved to the book of faces but I would be leery on sending it out.
In general this silly rule of collectors only applies to tour putters. It all started at TCC, by a few folks who shall remain nameless, that felt that the putter wasn't pure if it wasn't built entirely, and maintained by Scotty - completely ignoring the fact that of the hundred (or thousands) of tour putters SC makes every year, the man himself only actually touches a handful. And I sincerely doubt he regularly sets foot in the custom shop.

Anyone planning to pick up one of the new phantoms?

Pre ordered a 5.5 and it arrived the other day. Really nice putter and didn’t think I’d love the Pistolero Plus grip as much as I do. I was never too keen on the aluminum face on my previous Scotty 5w so this will be a familiar yet welcome upgrade. I’m glad this was finally released as I was still considering finding a used X5 and doing a refurb with flow neck mod.

Back