SeeMore Mini Giant DF Putter Review

And for a little more info on the putter, don’t forget to check out the first post 😉

Currently game Odyssey 2 Ball 10. This will be my first time with a SeeMore Putter in hand. I am VERY interested in the face balance claim and the high MOI in the blade. I love blades, but traditionally I need more help with controlling them.
Very interested in how it plays for you with that added MOI.
I am currently playing the Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Triple Track.

I have used a Seemore before, a LOONG time ago. The standard Seemore FGP

View attachment 9059676
Big change in overall look from the 2-ball Ten. Can't wait to see how the Mini Giant compares!
I change putters like socks. But I have been dabbling with a few wide blades lately, Mizuno IV, Bettihardi QB6 SBS, Bettinardi BB8W Armageddon. I also have a Mizuno V and Betti limited QB8 Slant in that compact mallet and/or wide blade category that could lead to some compares.
I'm in the wide blade camp too, so really anticipating how the SeeMore stacks up!
Current gamer is an Odyssey 2ball Ten tour lined. I do like it but my alignment has had some issues. I was trying out some Seemore's a few weeks ago and loved the RST at address. I am excited for a blade style with the high MOI like a mallet. I want to make sure @Triple Frak watches me drain massive putts in league so i will be getting dialed with the new mini giant!:ROFLMAO:
Another Odyssey 2 Ball 10, 3 for 4 so far. Are we sure we got 3 different people :p.

Biggest issue for me is alignment, especially inside 6 feet. Hit a good putt pace wise, but off on alignment. Intrigued to see how RST helps you in that regard!

Biggest issue for me is alignment, especially inside 6 feet. Hit a good putt pace wise, but off on alignment. Intrigued to see how RST helps you in that regard!

@gkeller813 this above is me also! I use aimpoint and i feel i can get a good read on the line. The short putts like you said i tend to push off one way or another. That is what drew me to the Seemore. I think the RST is going to be huge for me. I also have a blast motion sitting here i got just for putting. I was gone so i have not fired it up yet. Will be using that with the Seemore on day one to get dialed in.

And for a little more info on the putter, don’t forget to check out the first post 😉

Great review @Jman! I really liked the off center hits and the extra distance the ball rolled out to. This is going to be a fun test.

Great review @Jman! I really liked the off center hits and the extra distance the ball rolled out to. This is going to be a fun test.
Appreciate you reading it!

@gkeller813 this above is me also! I use aimpoint and i feel i can get a good read on the line. The short putts like you said i tend to push off one way or another. That is what drew me to the Seemore. I think the RST is going to be huge for me. I also have a blast motion sitting here i got just for putting. I was gone so i have not fired it up yet. Will be using that with the Seemore on day one to get dialed in.
This, plus Blast Motion. You'll get your setup and stroke down! Looking forward to see how it improves your make % inside of 6 feet!

I am currently playing the Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Triple Track.

I have used a Seemore before, a LOONG time ago. The standard Seemore FGP

View attachment 9059676

I think you'll appreciate the Mini Giant DF! It has all the benefits - and then some extra forgiveness!

SeeMore putters posted this video a while back:

At 6:24, Aimee Cho demonstrates what "Face Balanced at Impact" means

The Mini Giant DF is Face Balanced At Impact, unlike almost all other high MOI putters. So, not only is it easy to align the face correctly (with RST), the putter face wants to stay square at impact, which is a huge advantage IMO.

You can also see how the other big mallet putter (that the guy is using) wants to rotate off-square - so he will be fighting to keep it aligned during the swing.

That has been my experience with this vs other putters. The Mini Giant DF is so dang easy to keep aligned during the swing.

So this is the configuration I'll be rolling:

RH
Length 35"
Lie Angle (standard is 70) 70
Grip Choice Black SeeMore 95 gram Oversize Item #G7895

I'll compare it to my SeeMore Giant M1t. I love that putter, but I'm thinking there are features and benefits to the Mini Giant DF that will give me more touch and consistency.

I have some ideas as to how I will evaluate this putter, but I'd also love to hear from THPers - what are you interested in learning about the Mini Giant DF from our reviews?

Here is my configuration for the SeeMore Putters Little Giant DF. I used the putter builder on their website to determine length and lie. Overall it was very accurate to my putter fitting from a static perspective. I felt it was important to order the putter according to the configuration tool as this is something an online consumer might do.

I'm very open to any questions you may have or would like some data on. It'd be my pleasure to do so. My objective will be to see if this putter is as forgiving as they say by looking at two metrics on my putting green at home.

First, can I hit to a target line. I would set up a drill to try and hit the ball through a gate and see if there is any more consistency there. If the face is square at impact (as claimed), I should be able to consistently roll the ball between the gates.

Second, I want to test how repeatable this putter is on distance. In this drill I will look to see if I can cluster balls to an intended target some distance away and use some foot spray to look at impact location. If the club is forgiving across the face as indicated and provides a square face at impact, I should be able to get a cluster of balls pretty close to my target regardless of impact point on the club face (hence forgiveness).

I do sincerely look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences on this putter as part of the review team. More importantly, I hope to answer your questions so that you can make an educated decision on whether or not the @seemoreputters Mini Giant DF is right for you!

Specs
Mini Giant DF (P1525S)
RH
Giant black tipped shaft (standard)
35.5" long
Lie 70*
Garsen Non_Tapered Quad Tour grip (78g)
Red w/Floating RST Ball Marker (Magnetic Closure) Head Cover
No optional head weighting
I did indicate I'm open to testing with optional Tour Lock Counter Balance kit if they'd like for me too

Pretty awesome to get a PM from the president of Seemore today giving a quick update and welcoming us as testers! The builds start next week. After to days putting round I cannot wait to get this going!

Pretty awesome to get a PM from the president of Seemore today giving a quick update and welcoming us as testers! The builds start next week. After to days putting round I cannot wait to get this going!

This was pretty cool to be honest. I couldn't believe it!

Here is my configuration for the SeeMore Putters Little Giant DF. I used the putter builder on their website to determine length and lie. Overall it was very accurate to my putter fitting from a static perspective. I felt it was important to order the putter according to the configuration tool as this is something an online consumer might do.

I'm very open to any questions you may have or would like some data on. It'd be my pleasure to do so. My objective will be to see if this putter is as forgiving as they say by looking at two metrics on my putting green at home.

First, can I hit to a target line. I would set up a drill to try and hit the ball through a gate and see if there is any more consistency there. If the face is square at impact (as claimed), I should be able to consistently roll the ball between the gates.

Second, I want to test how repeatable this putter is on distance. In this drill I will look to see if I can cluster balls to an intended target some distance away and use some foot spray to look at impact location. If the club is forgiving across the face as indicated and provides a square face at impact, I should be able to get a cluster of balls pretty close to my target regardless of impact point on the club face (hence forgiveness).

I do sincerely look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences on this putter as part of the review team. More importantly, I hope to answer your questions so that you can make an educated decision on whether or not the @seemoreputters Mini Giant DF is right for you!

Great minds think alike. I too used the SeeMore putter fitting on their site. I too want to see whether the Mini Giant DF improves my putting. I like your approach. Our thoughts are very similar in some ways, and different in other ways.

My big concern is how much of any improvement I will see is due to a better putter vs better putting from practice and focus. So I am trying to establish a baseline with my current flatstick. I'll be looking at a few different metrics:
  1. I'm measuring how many balls out of 20 I am putting off the end of a 3 foot aluminum straightedge, and counting the misses as falling off the right or left. I put the ball in the nail hole, and hit it from there. Today, I made 5/20, with four misses left and 11 misses right. I knew I wasn't very consistent, but wow. I got this idea from a THPer.
  2. I went out today and bought a Varispeed putting mat. It will be interesting to see my putts made and distance control, especially given the Varispeed allows up to four green speeds (in theory.) Hey, it's for Science and THP.
  3. I want to spend some time at the local Full Swing sim, looking at putting numbers. If the putting game is not the weakest part of any sim, it's the second weakest. But the Full Swing sim gives a lot of putter swing data, including clubface orientation at impact and swing path. If the Mini Giant is easier to swing, or at least easier to swing more consistently, the metrics ought to show that.
I love that we are taking similar but different approaches to answer the same questions. I also love that no matter the outcome, I will be a better putter, or at least be able to better manage my suckiness.

Anyone who has thoughts and suggestions on my approach is welcome to contribute them.

I knew SeeMore is a classy organization, but this blew me away!

This was pretty cool to be honest. I couldn't believe it!
Wow, that is awesome!!

And it would be a dream come true if the weather cooperated to allow an evaluation or two on real putting greens during the review period.

I have some ideas as to how I will evaluate this putter, but I'd also love to hear from THPers - what are you interested in learning about the Mini Giant DF from our reviews?
My questions I would want answered:

1. MOI and how it affects the consistency of roll
2. The putter shape overall. I like a wide blade, currently playing the Chicago, and this MGDF really interests me
3. How well you think the putter face comes square at impact
4. Overall feel and sound

Great minds think alike. I too used the SeeMore putter fitting on their site. I too want to see whether the Mini Giant DF improves my putting. I like your approach. Our thoughts are very similar in some ways, and different in other ways.

My big concern is how much of any improvement I will see is due to a better putter vs better putting from practice and focus. So I am trying to establish a baseline with my current flatstick. I'll be looking at a few different metrics:
  1. I'm measuring how many balls out of 20 I am putting off the end of a 3 foot aluminum straightedge, and counting the misses as falling off the right or left. I put the ball in the nail hole, and hit it from there. Today, I made 5/20, with four misses left and 11 misses right. I knew I wasn't very consistent, but wow. I got this idea from a THPer.
  2. I went out today and bought a Varispeed putting mat. It will be interesting to see my putts made and distance control, especially given the Varispeed allows up to four green speeds (in theory.) Hey, it's for Science and THP.
  3. I want to spend some time at the local Full Swing sim, looking at putting numbers. If the putting game is not the weakest part of any sim, it's the second weakest. But the Full Swing sim gives a lot of putter swing data, including clubface orientation at impact and swing path. If the Mini Giant is easier to swing, or at least easier to swing more consistently, the metrics ought to show that.
I love that we are taking similar but different approaches to answer the same questions. I also love that no matter the outcome, I will be a better putter, or at least be able to better manage my suckiness.

Anyone who has thoughts and suggestions on my approach is welcome to contribute them.

I knew SeeMore is a classy organization, but this blew me away!

We are very similar but a little different in our approach, just like you said! I've been collecting data already with my current flat stick so I have a benchmark to go against. I don't think I'm going to share the data with my current gamer, but we shall see. I like your approach quite a bit TBH. I don't have enough experience with the SIM to determine if that's a good fit or not for me. I can't wait to see your results!

2. The putter shape overall. I like a wide blade, currently playing the Chicago, and this MGDF really interests me

We can do it @gkeller813! Thanks for the input.

Those are great questions and something I will be dialing in on with the mini giant DF!

Wow, that is awesome!!

I was beside myself with his PM to me today and his kindness. It was important to me to share with him how thankful we THPers are that we afforded this opportunity as a community.

Here are my setup details that I sent to SeeMore. The fitting utility on their website is very easy to use, and the results came out spot on to what I would normally consider a good fit. Almost all of my putters tend to be 34" and standard lie angle. Inspires confidence.

Looking forward to the build process and getting started!

1642349004047.png
1642349046877.png

Here are my setup details that I sent to SeeMore. The fitting utility on their website is very easy to use, and the results came out spot on to what I would normally consider a good fit. Almost all of my putters tend to be 34" and standard lie angle. Inspires confidence.

Looking forward to the build process and getting started!

View attachment 9060282
View attachment 9060283

I agree the fitting tool worked pretty well! Which grip did you get @GraniteRoost ?

Back