Setting Tee Height Consistently

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
When tees were shorter and drivers were smaller it used to be easy for me to set tee height consistently. Hold the ball wit my thumb against my palm, hold the tee with my index and driving finger until it was in the ground then extend my fingers and bend them aat the first knuckle and the tee was set the same height every time.

Now I can't seem to get a reference point to set the tee the same every time.

How do you set the tee height?

I use these, and put it to the same line every time religiously (for the driver). Top line is flush with the ground.

310581_im_____0_gsi

If you buy champ fly tees, they have height marks that help you remember what it's at every time, they are great tees, also what I do is use the Pentatp5 mark as an equator and put half of it above the driver face and it works

I use THP epoch tees. They have green lines on them that makes it easy to get a more consistent tee height

Get t THP Tees they have the marks on them.

The THP store has some THP branded epoch tees that have the height marks as well.

I'll agree with the other guys, get a tee with lines. Especially the THP tees.

I set the ball to what looks about right then set the club head behind the ball. I want the crown of my woods/hybrid to sit at the middle of the ball. Many do this and I'm sure it can be off a little but looks good to my eye. I've considered the marked tees but haven't picked up any yet.

I use THP epoch tees. They have green lines on them that makes it easy to get a more consistent tee height

Boom. Best answer. Heck I still am using the first pack I purchased. These things hardly ever break.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

THP Epoch tees. I lose them more often than I break them. Just trying to do my due diligence for THP advertising!

Another for the THP Epoch tees.

Just. So. Good.

THP Epoch tees. I lose them more often than I break them. Just trying to do my due diligence for THP advertising!

Haha I kind of do the same thing. I will leave 1 sitting on the tee just to give some THP advertising.

Boom. Best answer. Heck I still am using the first pack I purchased. These things hardly ever break.

I bet you I could break at least 2 the first time I use them

I would say this is the easiest answer. Otherwise, what works for me is teeing the ball with half of it above the top of the driver face.

I tee the ball so that it looks close and then set the clubhead behind the ball to make sure its not too high or too low. I may need to try some of those tees with the lines on them though.

Yepper. The only time I break them is if I put a full one in the ground for an iron shot.

Like everyone else has said....THP Epoch tees are hard to beat

For driver, I used to set the club behind the tee because I had a position on the face that was my reference. I now put my index finger on the ground beside the tee, because that mark on the driver corresponds with the top of the the tee being right at my middle knuckle. Same height check, but quicker and don't have to bring the club into it.

I usually try to use the club head as a reference just as other people have pointed out. Seems to work the best for me

Quite popular over here in the UK are "castle" tees (see link below). They're a fixed height so you just plonk them in the ground and your ball's always at the same height. I use the reds for irons and my woods, and the pinks for my driver.

http://www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Plastic-Castle-Tees-Bulk-Pack.html#a294

Agreed, I use these as well as do many of the guys I play with. Nice pink ones for me with driver and blue ones for the wood. I don't user tees for irons/hybrids off the tee.

Clearly I am biased, but even without the THP logo on them, the Epoch with lines are the best I have used to date.

Back