Should sim golf be more expensive on the weekend?

Pricing at my sim place: 6 bays, full bar, limited food, entertainment on Fri/Sat, outdoor patio, 9 hole putting course (modeled after course holes-$15 for 18holes,seasonal). 2 of the 6 bays are also for "private parties".

INDOOR GOLF SIMULATOR PRICING

OFF-PEAK (MON – FRI 9AM TO 5PM)​

1 Player = $35/hr

2 Players = $20 per person, per hour

3 Players = $15 per person, per hour

4 Players* = $12.50 per person, per hour

*All guests after the 4th player are FREE (all players must be on the same simulator)

PEAK (MON – THURSDAY 5PM TO 10PM, FRI 5PM TO 12AM, SAT 9AM TO 12AM, SUN 10AM TO 7PM)

1 Player = $45/hr

2 Players = $25 per person, per hour

3 Players = $20 per person, per hour

4 Players* = $17.50 per person, per hour

*All guests after the 4th player are FREE (all players must be on the same simulator)

**All rates are taxable in accordance with Ohio law.

It roughly takes 1 hour for the average golfer to play 18 holes at 1899. Because all golfers play at a different pace, we can’t guarantee you will complete all 18 holes during your reservation.

The weekend morning rate being high just feels lazy. Convenient. Easiest way to handle pay software and advertising without having to use a brain type lazy.
Agree.
I am sure we have all seen businesses with good ideas/products/etc that have failed when others have survived. Alot of the sim places are opened up by golfers/instructors. Just because you are a good golfer does not mean you can run a golf business. They are not a Ron Popeil set it and forget it rotisserie oven.

Well that is just maddening then. If it's empty, I dont see how they can justify the price hike.
Because it’s Michigan and there’s ice on the ground. They’ll find a way.

Because it’s Michigan and there’s ice on the ground. They’ll find a way.
Oh yeah, forgot about the whole winter phenomenon.

They can charge more and get it, they will. That simple.

At the place that is just a golf bar, rates are $45 early afternoon and $55 late afternoon and evenings during the week and $55 all day on weekends. The other place that has the multi-sport sim is $40/hr 11AM-2PM, $50/hr 2PM-6PM, and $60/hr 6PM-Close.

I’d be curious if you sent a note you could get them dropped.

It could really be fun to start a forum write in campaign so it’s more then one data point 🥸

As an employee, I consider the weekend to be a premium time of my life. My employer pays me more to work it when the need arises. I know that doesn't apply to certain business sectors and the golf industry is probably one of those.

Of all the crazy price hikes, charging more on the weekend for simulator golf seems justified.

That said, if I walk into an empty indoor facility and they want to charge me a premium rate, it's pretty easy for me to walk out (it's happened and I haven't yet returned). But I also understand the need to be consistent.

Peak hours being more expensive, I get it. Demand is higher, you can make more money.

I am fine with peak times being higher, because I typically don't hit them up at peak times.

Honestly though, the busiest sim I have ever seen is one in a small town, $35 an hour all the time. It is booked solid open to close.

NYC sims on the weekend is over $100/hour. $70/hour for off-peak. I’ll trade you.

Sure. Time slots are finite and demand is higher for those slots.

Local Pricing at the simulator I go to - This place is very nice, fully stocked bars, numerous wide simulators with plenty of room and lots of TVs

1706717148121.png

Local Pricing at the simulator I go to - This place is very nice, fully stocked bars, numerous wide simulators with plenty of room and lots of TVs

View attachment 9239712
Wow, thats amazing. For reference here is one of the the local places pricing
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.10.27 AM.png

Peak vs off peak aside. Regular golf is a steal compared to sims.

Free at my house @jdtox. We are open from 5:30am until 8:30pm.

Have you ever seen my Irish Goodbye? If not, you will.
just leave the lights on. We will pick up after ourselves.

Back