SKLZ Dual Net Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Dean.

For $299 seems like a good price for a well constructed piece of equipment.

The stakes are good too for outdoor setup.
I would consider this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review Dean. This net appears to be a very solid practice option with the ease of setup and take down being an added bonus.

Previous nets I've used were flimsy and harder to put together. The dual net feature is definitely intriguing. This is a compelling product.

Also, great job on the vid. Seeing it put together is useful info.

Any durability issues?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Solid thoughts on the net Dean. Besides loosening up the ole swing, does it allow you to learn anything about your swing or contact?

Great review Dean. I like ease of the setup and breakdown. This just moved to the top of my ponder list

Previous nets I've used were flimsy and harder to put together. The dual net feature is definitely intriguing. This is a compelling product.

Also, great job on the vid. Seeing it put together is useful info.

Any durability issues?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Durability has been fine so far. No issues with the netting or anything else at this point.
Solid thoughts on the net Dean. Besides loosening up the ole swing, does it allow you to learn anything about your swing or contact?
Directly, not really. But you could always add other things to the equation that could help. Face tape for contact drills, I add a LM to get some numbers. You can put a lot of swing work in with something like this, but clearly won't be able to see ball flight or anything like that. For someone who is working on contact issues or finding the middle off the face, just add some face tape and get to work.

Nerfny likes to think it's the big wall from Big Break and try to hit flop shots over it.

Great review Dean. I like ease of the setup and breakdown. This just moved to the top of my ponder list

It's one I wasn't even looking at, but impressed by it.

Good review. I like the use of the video to show how easy setup/takedown is. Would be a good one to use with a launch monitor of some sort.

Good review. I like the use of the video to show how easy setup/takedown is. Would be a good one to use with a launch monitor of some sort.

Yeah this setup works well. I need a new mat though, esp for inside work.

ee6a67ce3e85a3ce3a92b884da6af61d.jpg

Now that looks fun. Skip the mat, we need to hear about turf interaction. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind some fresh divots all across your backyard.

Great review and video, really impressed with how easy it is to assemble and take back down. Price is a bit steep in my opinion but if you had the ability to add a monitor of some sort for shot tracking then I could see where one wouldn't balk as much as the price.

Price is stepper directly from skills. But I have seen it for quite a bit less in other spots

Oh man the hours I could lose in a day with a launch monitor and a net.

Great review Dean. Really enjoying the video aspect you are adding to them lately. Looks like a solid product

Now that's funny. Dean warming up and Jen hitting flops over the wall, love it!

Good review. Seems like a decent price for a net. Never gave a net much of a thought but this has me thinking.

I like it! It looks like it's quite a bit easier to set up than the Callaway net my wife bought me a while back. Man that thing was awkward.. and huge!

man Dean, you sure do walk fast!

I like that it can be legitimately an indoor or outdoor product.

In terms of size and hitting area, this net is big, but with that said, there is no real protection that is given out on the sides.

That is exactly why I went with a Net Return and the optional side barriers - they have saved the house, windows and cars from many mishits over the years.

That is exactly why I went with a Net Return and the optional side barriers - they have saved the house, windows and cars from many mishits over the years.

yeah, it's something I was worried about. Might not be a big issue for some, but figured it was worth mentioned. I think the Haack net has those side barriers as well, but we've heard of some durability issue with that net(at least in the past).

yeah, it's something I was worried about. Might not be a big issue for some, but figured it was worth mentioned. I think the Haack net has those side barriers as well, but we've heard of some durability issue with that net(at least in the past).

I didn't think I needed it too but when standing 10+ feet away from the net a hosel rocket goes well beyond sides. Funny thing is that despite having the side barriers, I was just hitting a few one day and didn't want to extend them. Well I shanked it, the ball hit the deck and went right through the kitchen door window. That was a lesson learned.

Any idea if the netting on this is stronger than the skilz quickster range net? If its not I wouldn't waste my money on it

Any idea if the netting on this is stronger than the skilz quickster range net? If its not I wouldn't waste my money on it

as far as I know the netting on this one is thicker, heavier, and more durable.

This would come in handy if I were back home. I like the ease of setting this up and how easy it store.

I golfed with my father before heading off camping for the long weekend, and during the round he said he was in need of a range session. Instead of that, I set up the net for him in the back yard, which he said he used a few times. Just what I need, him to practice and beat me by more strokes.

Back