• Hampton Cove, Huntsville, AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL

• Oxmoor Valley, Birmingham, AL

• Ross Bridge, Birmingham, AL

• Other location (please specifiy in post)

• Total voters
Hmmm... I think I could be influenced into some of that fun.

I ain't skeered!

Dirt -- When you hear the banjo music, you better hitch those pants up high dude :D

I remember reading somewhere that this cabin is in a dry county. It looks like a jar of corn squeezings could be in order. Of course, I am bringing it strictly for medicinal purposes. We can't have anyone in any kind of pain.

I remember reading somewhere that this cabin is in a dry county. It looks like a jar of corn squeezings could be in order. Of course, I am bringing it strictly for medicinal purposes. We can't have anyone in any kind of pain.

Clam -- Did you get your new employee in? That means you are in for the whole gig!?

I just talked to DannyBoy and he is going to be Cabin Daddy for the smaller cabin to the right of our large cabin. He is bringing four to six people up from our golf course and will have some room in his cabin for any flow over. Man this thing is snowballing so we will need tee times for 4 -5 groups one -T!

She started today. I am not sure yet. I found that I play better after a sip or three. I'd hoped to have a drink with everyone before I head back. I will only be able to play Friday, but 36 ain't out of the question.

Clam - I like your style more and more!

Dirt -- When you hear the banjo music, you better hitch those pants up high dude :D

I'm bigger than most so I'd wrastle 'em before I'd pull off the Urkel fashion statement. Besides... I'm out of the family so I'm safe. They wouldn't want a branch on the family fence post.

Clam - I like your style more and more!

I'm bigger than most so I'd wrastle 'em before I'd pull off the Urkel fashion statement. Besides... I'm out of the family so I'm safe. They wouldn't want a branch on the family fence post.

LMAO :laughing::rofl:

I went out today and practiced wedge shots and putting, then joined KellyBo for nine holes and hit shots from 100 - 120 out with my gap wedge. I must say I should be ready to play some real golf November 12th. I feel good, feeling stronger by the day, and I am excited about the upcoming event to say the least!

Good news Gray, hope it heals up quick for ya. It would be a shame to send you off to the glue factory :)

Good news Gray, hope it heals up quick for ya. It would be a shame to send you off to the glue factory :)

This old horse ain't dead yet :deadhorse:.. I have a good feeling that I will come out of this better than I have felt in seven to ten years.

DannyBoy who came to the last Southeastern outing and was our steak cook has decided to rent the second cabin. He is planning on bringing a foursome from our local course. Any spillover we have will be able to have a bed in Cabin # 2. The perfect scenario would be spreading the count out as cabin number two rents for the same price as the large cabin per Hutch. What I need asap is an updated attendee list so Danny will know if he needs to seek more players from our course or even out the count from our current total so everyone pays the same rental charge. Last time we paid $47.00 each for a two night stay. Pretty darn reasonable! Take a look at the list below. If you know for sure you are not coming, please let me know now, so plans can be finalized. TC can you check on the three guys you know from NC that were interested? SeeMoreGuy have you found out about your cruise date yet? I know for sure that ADwillingham & Dad are up for just golf and then going home and Clam Fist is up for one day of golf and departing. If anything changes let me know asap. The goal Danny and I are shooting for is eight people per cabin which would make the cost very reasonable for both cabins and plenty of room for everyone.

olgray
Kellybo
TC
one-T
UncleDaddy
Setho
DannyBoy
DirtGuy - first time thp SE group outing
SW Fla - first time thp SE group outing
jingramgbr - first time thp SE group outing

Total = 10

with maybe's:

SeeMoreGuy (pending on cruise date)
chester - first time thp SE group outing (maybe ?)
rodney - first time thp SE group outing (maybe?)
bee - first time thp SE group outing (maybe?)

Maybe's = 4

ADWillingham & Dad (Day trip for one round of golf)
Clam fist (Driving down for one day of golf)

Last edited:
I just heard from the southeasten birdie. A prize will be up for grab for a closest to the pin on one of the par 3's at our November outing! No worries TC as being a lefty, will not cause a problem with this prize :D

Sweet Ole Gray!! Cant wait to see what you have cooked up for a prize.

Ok, tee times for Friday are set! 8:20 a.m. is the first tee time on friday, this may have to change if there is frost on the ground. we also have 12:20 set aside for the first afternoon tee time. The cost for the entire day of golf is $32. Is this ok with everyone? Saturday golf is still being set up at the moment. But at least friday is set. Also, I was kind of thinking it would be cool to snag up some THP gear for my Uncle for hooking us up. What do you guys think?

Recap:

Friday morning tee times start at 8:20 a.m.
afternoon tee times start at 12:20 p.m.

cost= $32 ALL DAY!

love, Jeff Overton

good stuff little brother! i think a THP spotless swing towel would be cool for him for sure. just to be clear, friday golf is at butternut creek?

Yes, Butternut Creek Friday. Saturday is still to be named, but I would guess it will be Old Union.

Ahh hell, I just placed an order in the store. I was thinking we could get him a cool headcover as well.

Whoo-hoo sounds great it's almost like stealing man, less than a dollar per hole leaves room for beverages :D

I miss frost!

Whoo-hoo sounds great it's almost like stealing man, less than a dollar per hole leaves room for beverages :D

I miss frost!

haha, heck yeah its a great deal. I will bring a little liquor for the a.m. to keep me warm. You miss frost til the first swing and those hands vibrate

Hey guys,

Is it too late to sign up for the outing? I know I'm not as active as I should be in the forum, but the trip sounds like a lot of fun. My wife and I just got back from a golf weekend at Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham and loved it. If there are some spots still open, I think I could talk my wife into letting me come :)

Thanks,
Courtney Humphries
(Don't let the name fool you, I'm a guy...thanks mom :) )

ok...Saturday Update:

Old Union

9:00 a.m. - $34

replay is at 1 p.m.- price will be cart fee(so I am guessing $12-$15)

This is awesome! I am getting excited now. Other good news, they have passed alcohol in that town so there is a GREAT chance the convenience stores will have beer. Wooohooo!!!!

Hey guys,

Is it too late to sign up for the outing? I know I'm not as active as I should be in the forum, but the trip sounds like a lot of fun. My wife and I just got back from a golf weekend at Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham and loved it. If there are some spots still open, I think I could talk my wife into letting me come :)

Thanks,
Courtney Humphries

LMAO, dude you owe me a new coke, i spat mine out over that!

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Courtney Humphries

dude, you are in if you wanna come! and in bold is the only reason why, that cracked me up!!! On a for real note, you are more than welcome to join us if you want. We would love to have you!

Courtney,

Did you play the "Valley" or the "Ridge" course. Hopefully you played the "Valley". The Ridge is brutal. I played them back on Sept. 6,7th.....Very good shape at the time. Where in Mississippi are you from. I live 8-10mins east of New Orleans!

[/B]

dude, you are in if you wanna come! and in bold is the only reason why, that cracked me up!!! On a for real note, you are more than welcome to join us if you want. We would love to have you!

Ha...the best experience I've ever had with my name is being asked to participate in beauty pageants in high school. I always thought about going to one of them and trying to compete :)

Do you guys have the exact details? Dates? Location? Times? Lodging? That sort of thing?

Courtney,

Did you play the "Valley" or the "Ridge" course. Hopefully you played the "Valley". The Ridge is brutal. I played them back on Sept. 6,7th.....Very good shape at the time. Where in Mississippi are you from. I live 8-10mins east of New Orleans!

I played both actually. The course were much nicer than anything public near where I live. I've only been playing golf a year and a half, so I was only able to muster a 92 on the Ridge and a 89 on the Valley. We had a blast though. I live in North MS in Oxford. I work full-time, but am also working on my PhD in computer science at Ole Miss.

Ha...the best experience I've ever had with my name is being asked to participate in beauty pageants in high school. I always thought about going to one of them and trying to compete :)

Do you guys have the exact details? Dates? Location? Times? Lodging? That sort of thing?

Coutney I will send you a packet tonight with directions, cabin rules, pics of cabin. etc. The date is set for Nov 12th & departing on Nov 14th. You should plan on being at ButterNutt Creek in Blairsville at 08:30 a.m. for the first tee time. We have not set pairings yet however this will be announced once we get total conformation from all attending. More to come so stay tuned.

You should have done it!

yessir: November 12th-14th. Blairesville, Ga. we have a cabin rented that will cost about $40 a person(I think), that is the cost for the whole weekend! haha. It will fit everyone fine. If people have air mattresses I would recommend bringing them just in case. Let me know what other info you need

Golf is at Butternut Creek and Old Union

Back