Spotify has landed in the U.S!

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
https://www.spotify.com/se/hello-america/

Music streaming on your computer and on your cell phone. Sign up for an invite or let me know if you don't receive one and i'll fix it for you.

And being a "day one" user here on this side of the pond i must say it rocks!

Anyone using Spotify?

I have been using the premium trial over the weekend, and must say, that not having to clog the iPhone memory up with mp3s is very nice.

I have a feeling I have barely scratched the surface on using it though.

This is how dumb I am...

I thought this was about the falling satellite.

I use this heavily and enjoy it way more than grooveshark. Being its own separate program, I think it works better to be honest. I haven't messed with premium, but I might if I get a new phone.

been using the free version for a few months now. it's great, i love it!
it's so nice to have such a huge library right at your fingertips and it's especially great for streaming entire albums.
my buddy who invited me (before it was open to everyone) uses the premium and he loves it as well.
him and his wife are able to use it constantly on their phones, so it works out great for them.

pandora has been okay, but sometimes it throws some weird curveballs. so it is a great time for something new and spotify is it. i highly recommend downloading asap.

I don't see the difference between this and grooveshark.
Not too familiar with grooveshark.

I use this heavily and enjoy it way more than grooveshark. Being its own separate program, I think it works better to be honest. I haven't messed with premium, but I might if I get a new phone.
Pros and Cons of each?

I couldn't get into grooveshark, friends of mine love it however. To many glitches for me. I've been sticking to slacker lately. Downloading this new one now.

--
tapatalk

This is how dumb I am...

Me fourth, lol, that's exactly what I thought too.

Not too familiar with grooveshark.

Pros and Cons of each?

Well, spotify is great when using your own computer. I think it's faster, has a larger library, and I personally like the way it's laid out. I only think the edge grooveshark would have is that it's a website. You can access it anywhere without having to download a program. Other than that, I think Spotify wins hands down.

How did I not know about this, best app for my phone ever, period. (ok maybe 2nd next to golflogix).

How did I not know about this, best app for my phone ever, period. (ok maybe 2nd next to golflogix).

Im guessing you pay for premium service with spotify? Do you sync all of your itunes to it so you can have them w/o clogging up the memory? Anyway to keep the "grayed out" songs from showing up on the playlist on your phone?

Lol, I just downloaded it after seeing this thread, I am just extremely impressed so far. If I don't run into any problems, I will be subscribing when the free trial is up. When I searched for one of my favorite (but little known) bands and found all of their albums, I knew I had found a winner.

Just signed up, and I am quite impressed with the interface. Working well with my slower connection too.

This is how dumb I am...

Falling satellite? Is it aiming this direction?

Generation gap?

I was able to DL it, but I cant make a dang profile because I am in canada at the moment. Worst.

I´m glad you guys are coming around. Posted a thread on this awhile back with little interest. Its a really good service you should really check it out. Get the premium version, its worth it! Nice one Flix! rep added

I´m glad you guys are coming around. Posted a thread on this awhile back with little interest. Its a really good service you should really check it out. Get the premium version, its worth it! Nice one Flix! rep added

a little late.. but cheers!

what's the difference between this and Pandora?

what's the difference between this and Pandora?

Pandora is radio, this is not. Quite simply.

Dude, Spotify is the shizz! It's very similar to itunes. Huge catalog too.

Back