SQAIRZ Limited Edition Nick Faldo Masters Shoes

They look pretty good in hand.

F892A741-75B6-4F52-8754-0FAC55D2F79E.jpeg

They could do without the yellow dots in the center, but overall yeah those look pretty good.

They look pretty good in hand.

View attachment 8996664
I really like the looks of these. I switched to the Footjoy Tour S because of the stability they offered and felt a difference. I know that stability will take more than just changing shoes but looking at these and the design I'm wondering how much that translates on the course and helps. I think I will give these a shot because besides looking good I'm thinking these could help.

Those or the AP Proadapts. I go back and forth. I like the wide toe box of it.

I like both of those a lot.

I really like the looks of these. I switched to the Footjoy Tour S because of the stability they offered and felt a difference. I know that stability will take more than just changing shoes but looking at these and the design I'm wondering how much that translates on the course and helps. I think I will give these a shot because besides looking good I'm thinking these could help.

I honestly do not know. I can say these are not just old golf shoes with a square toe though, despite the name. They have some smart people there from a number of larger footwear companies and do a lot of studying. I will be trying them out soon and will report back, but I will say I like the looks honestly and it surprised me a bit.

I have definitely noticed a difference in balance and stability wearing these compared to other golf shoes. If the swing supposedly starts from the ground up, and balance, stability and traction are better compared to other golf shoes, especially spikeless, who knows, maybe there is some truth to their claims for some people.

If I was a Packers fan, I'd be all over these

I was thinking last night, if you don't think shoes can make a difference in how fast you can swing the driver and thus maximize distance, try hitting golf balls wearing leather soled dress shoes.

if you don't think shoes can make a difference in how fast you can swing the driver and thus maximize distance, try hitting golf balls wearing leather soled dress shoes.
I don't think people are thinking golf shoes are not better then leather soled dress shoes. Although I do think many question whether Sqairz shoes will trim 4 strokes off of one's handicap over their present day golf shoes.

I don't think people are thinking golf shoes are not better then leather soled dress shoes. Although I do think many question whether Sqairz shoes will trim 4 strokes off of one's handicap over their present day golf shoes.

Did I miss it? I try to follow most of the marketing from everybody, but I haven't seen that.

They say the swing starts from the ground up so the the increased balance, stability and traction they provide compared to other golf shoes could make a difference. They will not automatically result in increased distance just by wearing them (which seems to be incorrectly assumed that they are saying), but if they give you more confidence in your contact with the ground to enable you to swing faster and experience more center-face contact due to better balance and stability, then added yardage (to be determined by how much of an increase in swing speed you achieve) is certainly possible.

Also, they have some new styles coming though that square toe that so many dislike will still be there. These are th most interest to me:

View attachment 8995757
I could definitely wear the white pair. I like the square toe box.

Did I miss it? I try to follow most of the marketing from everybody, but I haven't seen that.
On their TV advertisement, they have a golfer who claims the shoes lowered his handicap by 4 strokes. From their website - they claim an average 8.8 yard increase in drives, and that an 18 handicap drove 18 yards further and lowered his handicap by 7 strokes:

sqairz.png

On their TV advertisement, they have a golfer who claims the shoes lowered his handicap by 4 strokes. From their website - they claim an average 8.8 yard increase in drives, and that an 18 handicap drove 18 yards further and lowered his handicap by 7 strokes:

View attachment 8997165

Yes, I knew about the distance claim, which they relate to stability. I was unaware of them claiming the shoes will reduce by 4 strokes, so thank you for adding that. Although they really don't do that, just relay someone that did.

I think its bold. And while I am firmly of the belief that stability can increase speed, I am not a fan of the improved handicap notion, solely because as posted above, it appears as though it is being taken as buy these, get this.

I was just about to pull the trigger, but.....

They only offer standard sizes. I wear a 9W. When I can't find that, I wear a 10, but for a shoe company to not offer anything other than standard sizing seems to be a bit off.

Ah well.

I don't mind these actually. I wouldn't buy them, but this is the best color I have seen.

Obviously, using leather soled dress shoes exaggerates the comparison, but it is true that as balance, stability and traction increase with the shoe worn it can add additional swing speed if one chooses to take advantage of that. It now seems that Sqairz isn't the only one promoting enhanced performance from their golf shoes. Check out Paynter (https://payntr.com/golf-c33/footwear-c34) and Athalonz (https://www.athalonz.com/pages/golf-shoes). Athalonz claims the following:

"-MORE POWER SO YOU CAN HIT THE BALL FURTHER
-MORE STABILITY SO YOU CAN HIT MORE FAIRWAYS"
"Shoes are a force transfer system. Via physics principles, the forces can be manipulated to improve power. Athalonz golf shoes are uniquely designed to include the right angles in the right places to shift forces towards your body to increase your power by at least 9%."

The fact that a few individuals anecdotally claim exceptional results that they perceive came from just switching to Sqairz golf shoes is no big deal. Who knows what else may have contributed to those increases in performance. A lot of manufacturers claim huge increases in distance with their new driver or ball and, given where technology currently stands, far greater than one could reasonably expect. I take those with a grain of salt as well until I find out for myself.

https://www.athalonz.com/products/athalonz-golf-shoe

Obviously, using leather soled dress shoes exaggerates the comparison, but it is true that as balance, stability and traction increase with the shoe worn it can add additional swing speed if one chooses to take advantage of that. It now seems that Sqairz isn't the only one promoting enhanced performance from their golf shoes. Check out Paynter (https://payntr.com/golf-c33/footwear-c34) and Athalonz (https://www.athalonz.com/pages/golf-shoes). Athalonz claims the following:

"Shoes are a force transfer system. Via physics principles, the forces can be manipulated to improve power. Athalonz golf shoes are uniquely designed to include the right angles in the right places to shift forces towards your body to increase your power by at least 9%."

The fact that a few individuals anecdotally claim exceptional results that they perceive came from just switching to Sqairz golf shoes is no big deal. Who knows what else may have contributed to those increases in performance. A lot of manufacturers claim huge increases in distance with their new driver or ball and, given where technology currently stands, far greater than one could reasonably expect. I take those with a grain of salt as well until I find out for myself.

If Sqairz’s distance and handicap claims are based solely on anecdotal evidence it would actually be a big deal—it would be false advertising. Faldo claims there is “science” that has lead to these benefits. Maybe there is. Maybe they have the ability to substantiate the claim (which the FTC requires). But even from a marketing standpoint, it seems like a silly move to try and sell golfers on 8.8 yards of distance gain and 4-7 strokes of their handicaps if they switch shoes. For me, that was instant credibility loss.

If people like them and they work well for them, I think that’s great. We all have different preferences. I just have a hard time distinguishing this product from the Square Strike and other infomercial items.

If Sqairz’s distance and handicap claims are based solely on anecdotal evidence it would actually be a big deal—it would be false advertising. Faldo claims there is “science” that has lead to these benefits. Maybe there is. Maybe they have the ability to substantiate the claim (which the FTC requires). But even from a marketing standpoint, it seems like a silly move to try and sell golfers on 8.8 yards of distance gain and 4-7 strokes of their handicaps if they switch shoes. For me, that was instant credibility loss.

If people like them and they work well for them, I think that’s great. We all have different preferences. I just have a hard time distinguishing this product from the Square Strike and other infomercial items.

I don't disagree with others thoughts on the claims, but there is science behind it. A gentlemen by the name of Terry Hashimoto who is one of the foremost authorities on pressure mapping, specifically how it pertains to golf. He has done the research on every facet of pressure and stability in the feet.

Like them, don't or anything else, even going away from the shoes, if anybody likes to learn about this stuff he is a man to follow and read about.

......anecdotal evidence it would actually be a big deal—it would be false advertising
I was wrong to state "anecdotal". They state that:

A recent Golf Laboratories independent test of SQAIRZ vs leading golf footwear brands, amateur golfers ranging from a +2 to an 18 handicap saw the following results:
gray arrow

• Swing speed +2.2 mph
  • Driving distance: +8.8 yards
  • An 18 hcp increased his swing speed 5 mph and driving distance 18 yards. He is now an 11 hcp.

They do not say everyone will see increases in distance and decreases in handicap, only what the test results showed could be achieved.

Honestly, I love the green. I feel like green is such an underrated color when it comes to apparel. These look great!

I don't disagree with others thoughts on the claims, but there is science behind it. A gentlemen by the name of Terry Hashimoto who is one of the foremost authorities on pressure mapping, specifically how it pertains to golf. He has done the research on every facet of pressure and stability in the feet.

Like them, don't or anything else, even going away from the shoes, if anybody likes to learn about this stuff he is a man to follow and read about.
I'm definitely worried about traction and stability in golf shoes - it keeps me away from some styles because I'm not willing to give up confidence under my feet.

That said, I've spent zero time reading about the science behind it beyond just basic spike logic. It's interesting.

I agree with what you say, very well done! My beef was the claim that one's handicap went down 4 strokes just by switching up golf shoes to Sqairs. I think one claim was even at 7 strokes gained by using their shoes. It just rubs me the wrong way because I feel that is unethical advertising. BTW, now this is just my opinion and it is not meant as a shot to anybody, but I would never purchase the green shoes, just not my cup of tea. If I bought shoes in that styling they would be more traditional looking, which in my opinion would be more classy.

white.jpgblack.jpgbrown.jpg

Back