Srixon Tour V.T. Sole Design

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Eli Miller from Srixon Golf to discuss the new Z65 iron line. The Z-565, Z-765 and Z-965 irons are all coming out in September and feature a modified Tour V.T. Sole design from the previous release.

Love these short tech video's! I learn so much!!

Love these short tech video's! I learn so much!!
Agreed. They're really polished too. I didn't get my typical youtube notification on this one. Glad I saw it here.

It's a shame I haven't seen the prior generation in stores near me. These would probably shine on outdoor demo days.

EDIT: Nevermind. Notification just came in. JB was too quick getting this on the forum

Last edited:
Decreasing turf interaction time with the club head, such a brilliant concept. Love the design of the sole on these, it's a design that just makes sense. Having a sole that is designed for various conditions is key for golfers who play a number of different types of courses.

Awesome and easy to understand video...all about that consistency!

Sweet video and explanation on the sole. Eli is the man. These Z565 irons really have me pondering a bag change. Felt so good and the distance was there too.

Decreasing turf interaction time with the club head, such a brilliant concept. Love the design of the sole on these, it's a design that just makes sense. Having a sole that is designed for various conditions is key for golfers who play a number of different types of courses.
And who have inconsistent swings (nearly all of us).

Another good video. This sole is such a good design that benefits many golfers. I enjoyed it when playing the z545s and especially when I got a little steep. Improving in that is great

The more I read/learn and see these I really want to try them out. Great video.

Really like this sole design. The last two sets of Mizuno's I have played have had some similar leading and trailing edge relief (I don't believe quite as pronounced) that really seems to produce nice turf interaction. These would be fun to try.

Really glad you guys are enjoying the Quick Tech segments.

The tech segments are great. BTW, I really like the new small onscreen green THP T.V. logo.

Having played the 545's and gotten a chance to try out the 565 from ddec in San Diego, I can say the new version are seriously good irons and look amazing in hand. It was hard to get any feedback off a mat in regards to the sole of the club, but the video breaks down so easily how it should work. Great stuff

pretty interesting sole grinds on these, it's too bad its nearly impossible to try out srixon here as i don't think golftown ever carries the clubs.

Between no golfers in the household, and no golfers at work, i'm glad i have somewhere to come and scratch the itch when the need comes to get geeky about golf. Nobody i know loves everything about the game as much as I do (playing, equipment, technical stuff etc) so it's definitely hard to interact with anyone in person around me without looking like a complete idiot about it.

This was really cool to watch, Love these little tech installs. Really learn a lot in a short video.

Great stuff! Interesting to hear how they are iterating on the sole to improve the turf interaction.

Love that freaking sole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love watching these types of clips lots of info
I will be giving these a try when i am looking for new irons

Has helped my game lots as I tend to get steep

Has helped my game lots as I tend to get steep

Yup - same here

love watching these types of clips lots of info
I will be giving these a try when i am looking for new irons

Thanks. If you missed any, you can catch up on THP TV YouTube Channel and see all of them.

Quick tech is a perfect statement. Gives us a completely digestible tech talk smack in the face about one of my favourite elements on the new Srixon irons.

Awesome.

I LOVE absolutely everything they're saying about the changes to the sole. Can't wait for these to show up in stores so I can get some swings in.

Is there a down side to this design?

Great clip! I can only imagine what these are like, but the previous 745's I really liked and probably would have bought had I tried them before I bought my current set.

Back