Srixon Z-Star Irons

I game Project X 5.0 High Launch shafts hardstepped. It brought the flight down a little bit for me and added a few yards as well as calming down the bigger fade that I was producing with the Nippons. These shafts (for me) took a real nice set of irons and made them spectacular!

These irons are hot. Still. Wink wink.

I have no idea what this means.

hahah it means nothing really. These are just a really good looking iron is all.

hahah it means nothing really. These are just a really good looking iron is all.

It's the OEM wink that leaves women crying. These irons are sexy. Love them.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

After a several frustrating auctions where my clubs were torn from my hands at the last second, I finally snagged my set of z-stars!!! :bananadance::banana::bananadance:

$375 brand new delivered baby!! I can't wait. Thank you timtheputterman, if you are a member here you rock.

After a several frustrating auctions where my clubs were torn from my hands at the last second, I finally snagged my set of z-stars!!! :bananadance::banana::bananadance:

$375 brand new delivered baby!! I can't wait. Thank you timtheputterman, if you are a member here you rock.

Holy cow - what a deal! Congrats

Nice mhg
I've purchased from timtheputterman before with outstanding results and great service too !

Nice mhg
I've purchased from timtheputterman before with outstanding results and great service too !

me too, i have bought way to much stuff from that guy lol

me too, i have bought way to much stuff from that guy lol

Glad to hear he's solid. I can't wait to get them. I couldn't believe I won it for so little. Now I can buy more stuff!

Congrat's, nice grab!! I love mine and still think they are some of the best looking and feeling irons out there.

I still can't get over how long these were at the outting and were very forgiving as well. I'm thinking seriously about picking a set up when work starts back up. The staff bag is smoking hawt too.

So, are all of you that are gaming these using the stock Nippon's or did you get optional shafts?

I use the stock shafts and find them to be very good.

With all of the testing I have been doing lately with irons (R-11, Ping G20) as well as the Morgan Cup (Diablo Forged), I have not had a chance to play my irons much at all. Took out just the 8 iron today for some practice and comparisons with a couple of other sets. Man oh man, I quickly realized why I love these so much. For my game they offer the total package of what I like in an iron. Great distance, tons of forgiveness, great looks and an iron I can move any way I want around the course (although I always prefer straight).

I have yet to find an iron that will take these out of the bag as of yet.

With all of the testing I have been doing lately with irons (R-11, Ping G20) as well as the Morgan Cup (Diablo Forged), I have not had a chance to play my irons much at all. Took out just the 8 iron today for some practice and comparisons with a couple of other sets. Man oh man, I quickly realized why I love these so much. For my game they offer the total package of what I like in an iron. Great distance, tons of forgiveness, great looks and an iron I can move any way I want around the course (although I always prefer straight).

Testify!!!! Glad these are still the irons of choice for you boss!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I really want to give these a try, will they be at demo day? I didnt figure there would be a new version out since these just came out.

I really want to give these a try, will they be at demo day? I didnt figure there would be a new version out since these just came out.

Not sure if they will be or not. These are a 2011 iron and I guess it will depend on if there is a 2012 version or not.

Not sure if they will be or not. These are a 2011 iron and I guess it will depend on if there is a 2012 version or not.

thats what I figured but had to ask anyway. hopefully there is a 2012 version. Thanks JB

Man I remember having so much hype in my brain about these irons heading into the demo day. These did not disappoint. JB kept saying these had some distance but I was still surprised at the full club longer length I was getting. Sweet sticks.:srixon::dance:

Your preaching to the choir here. I remember when I put up a voting thread for the forum members to choose my next set of irons and you must've thought I was crazy. Well, I was a little, but never was a group more right about a choice than the Z-Star irons for me.

I don't even look at irons really anymore when I go to the shops. I'm just that happy with these and they have helped my game a lot.

Still haven't figured out why Srixon states that these are for low to mid cappers though. They are so darn forgiving and easy to hit!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I need to own these. They look good and play amazingly well! I tried them out at the local golf shop, asked if I could bring some to the range and try out. They really are a full club longer than the irons I play. W O W

Has anyone adjusted the lofts on their z-stars? If so, what is your setup now? I was looking at the lofts today as well as the leading edge and thought bending them 1 or 2 degrees weak would not only bring the lofts back to earth but also add bounce to the club. I haven't been able to find anything that describes the bounce on these but they do have a sharp front edge and not much sole to prevent digging. The earlier posts mentioned the turf interaction. Now that several of you have been playing them, has their been any problems with the leading edge digging? I have never delofted clubs before but would it achieve both goals without totally screwing up a great iron?

Thanks for any input.

I actually dont find the leading edge all that sharp and/or digging. It is something I struggle with with irons that are too sharp and these have had no issues at all.

Back