Srixon Z-Star XV, TriSpeed, Soft Feel Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2011 Srixon golf balls arrived at THP for review and we wanted to get some pictures up of the new trio of golf balls that they have coming out.

1197407061_5rfq7-L.jpg

1197407701_JG9P4-L.jpg

1197407892_yvFjL-L.jpg

1197408049_qQWvz-L.jpg

1197408470_tpaHV-L.jpg

1197408254_zCrom-L.jpg

1197408607_8YU2P-L.jpg

oh wow! These look great. Do you have any price points?

• Admin
oh wow! These look great. Do you have any price points?

Off memory only.

Soft Feel - $20
TriSpeed Tour - $26
Z-Star XV - $45

I used to like the Trispeed ball, I'm interested in the Trispeed Tour. I also liked the older ZStar ball.

The XV is a great ball. Good distance with great greenside control and feel. $44.95 I think.

I used to like the Trispeed ball, I'm interested in the Trispeed Tour. I also liked the older ZStar ball.

I would agree...looking at the specs on the TriSpeed tour really makes me want to take these for a spin.

I'm really diggin the yellow. I had a sample of the TriSpeed Tour's and they were pretty good.

Sorry Srixon but I won't be using your services any more.

The XV is an excellent ball... I alternate between the Pro V1 and the XV and only notice a slight difference... Plus, the yellow color is a huge plus for those like me who struggle to find their ball from time to time!

Srixon Z star x balls are by far the best ball for me - I've tried others and keep coming back. The next in line would be the Pro V1x - not really crazy about anything else.

nice....looking forward to the thoughts on these

Interesting.... the box for the Trispeed Tours shows very high approach shot spin (same level as the XV). It can't spin as much as the urethane covered ball, can it?

wana see what you guys think about it..... really tried the trispeed but now that they offer it in yellow might try it again.......

I will have to give the XV a try. The B330-RX is my ball, but I love trying out new things so it would be interesting to compare.

Those Tour Yellow balls look awesome. I need to try the TY Z-Stars!

I've thought the same to myself too G4L. I wonder if when they do their ratings it's comporable to the non tour or the whole line?

Interesting.... the box for the Trispeed Tours shows very high approach shot spin (same level as the XV). It can't spin as much as the urethane covered ball, can it?

Oooh, interesting. I've thought about the Trispeed Tour for when I run out of my current supply of new balls. Now that it is available in Srixon yellow and at that price, I'm really interested. I wonder if the spin is less than the Z-Star, but still pretty good, it might be good for my game. I like getting the spin with the Z-Star, but sometimes I get too much and spin it back when I don't want to!

My theory on the new ball testing was that Srixon is the manufacturer, maybe this is a foreshadowing?! heh.

What differentiates the XV from the regular X or regular Z-Star? Is it an "in between the two" ball?

What differentiates the XV from the regular X or regular Z-Star? Is it an "in between the two" ball?

Check out our video of the PGA Show Srixon Ball. They talk about this.

I found this chart on Srixon's website showing the differences in the old Z Stars and the new ones and how they compare against their competitors - thought it was very interesting:

SrixonBallChart.png

I really liked the trispeed tour ball and now in optic yellow that is sweet. When that ball hits the shelves I will give it a whirl for sure.

I really liked the trispeed tour ball and now in optic yellow that is sweet. When that ball hits the shelves I will give it a whirl for sure.

Me too CB. I'm really liking this ball a lot. I think I have finally found the ball that is staying in my bag.

Me too CB. I'm really liking this ball a lot. I think I have finally found the ball that is staying in my bag.

Wow thats a big statement Kelly cause we know how much you loved the RX in yellow.

Back