Srixon Z355 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent review as always James

This sounds like a very good driver and I think I am going to have to actively seek it out (hoping the club where I was fitted for my Srixon irons will have it) to give it a try

My only criticism as such, and this may be completely unfounded, is that I thought the 355 range was aimed a bit more at the game improvement golfers and I would have liked to have seen some alignment aid on the crown, but that is just my personal opinion

The heavier head weight and shaft combination sounds very intersting but if it gives you more feedback during the swing as to where the club is at then I think that could be good for me, especially on days when I am struggling off the tee

As usual Jman you killed the review. This is an offering that I believe will be liked by all skill levels. The design is different and I have seen work for different swings in the xxio line

Good Stuff James. I am curious as to the 450cc head. It's only 10cc difference so I'm guessing the average player won't see or notice much less forgiveness, but it's not as drastic as 20 or 30cc as you see on some of the player drivers. So was there any mention from Srixon as to the thought behind the 450 head vs 460?

Great stuff, Jman. I would love to get my hands on this one to see how the D8 swing weight feels.

Great review Jman!

Very nice job here James! Loved reading about the tactile aspect of this one and your description just screams "balance" to me as I think I have a tendency to lose where the head is at and it can lead to some bad misses.

The price point is fantastic on this one when compared to what other top products are going for these days. Good news on the ball speed retention with misses but was hoping to hear that misses lateral were better than horizontal.

Overall it sounds like a very solid driver but I do have to wonder how long until they jump into the "sliding weight" game.

Fantastic writeup as always Jman!

I'm a fan of drivers where I can feel the clubhead, this sounds like something right up my alley. Love the 45" shaft, the thought of trying this out in the 12* model is very intriguing to me.

Great review and write up on this! Looks like another club I can ponder for a while. Need to try this one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome review Jman. I think you really nailed this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work, Jman. Looks like a solid driver and a little less busy than other recent offerings from other manufacturers.

Good review JMan. Sounds like a good option for those who don't want or need as much adjustability. Looked like some good numbers for you too. I play heavier shafts in my irons, and would definitely try this driver out with the heavier head, as tempo can be an issue for me.

Good review JMan. Sounds like a good option for those who don't want or need as much adjustability. Looked like some good numbers for you too. I play heavier shafts in my irons, and would definitely try this driver out with the heavier head, as tempo can be an issue for me.

The Z 355 driver’s 450 cc club head features QTS™ Adjustability, which offers 12 unique settings for loft, lie and face angle

Looks like there is still plenty of adjustability in this

Looks like there is still plenty of adjustability in this
Plenty of loft adjustability. Compared to some of the drivers we are seeing with weight adjustability though, not as much.

Plenty of loft adjustability. Compared to some of the drivers we are seeing with weight adjustability though, not as much.

This is true, I didn't consider the weight adjustability that we are seeing more of these days - probably because my current driver is not adjustable at all.....

Although now trying an adjustable driver, it does make me want to look at newer offerings

Looks like a very solid offering. Not a ton of bells and whistles, just a solid looking driver. Love the Miyazaki as stock, and the idea of the D8 swing weight is very intriguing to me.

Finally LH Srixon goodness too.

Great review buddy

Awesome review as always james! Really liking the sound of this driver. I haven't bought a new driver in awhile and it might be time to start trying a new one. If this could help me through the tech they have put in it, heavy head, higher balance point. This could be really worth it for me. Thanks!

srixon has been coming out with some great equipment lately....this driver looks like a winner. Cant wait to hit it!

Great review Jman, sounds like Srixon has another winner on their hands, looking forward to hitting this one this weekend (see what I did there...subliminal message)

Sounds like a winner and love the looks of the driver itself

Thanks for the review. I just ordered this driver sight unseen. Just had too. Love the idea of the heavier head. IN fact i switched to the z545's this summer because of that very reason from Callaway XR's). Should be at its new home in a few days. I know i am taking a chance without hitting it, but it sounds like what i need to make a more consistent swing or to at least help with it.

Thank you for all the comments everyone, I really do appreciate you all taking the time to read.

Great review Jman, sounds like Srixon has another winner on their hands, looking forward to hitting this one this weekend (see what I did there...subliminal message)

Hahaha, its in the bag buddy.

James - you said the misses are better laterally than vertically - is this just because there's a lot more space in that direction? Or are you seeing relatively large penalties for small misses high/low. I ask because that's how I tend to miss (though I seem to have picked up some sort of toe miss as of late).

Please tell this will be on the range Saturday?

James - you said the misses are better laterally than vertically - is this just because there's a lot more space in that direction? Or are you seeing relatively large penalties for small misses high/low. I ask because that's how I tend to miss (though I seem to have picked up some sort of toe miss as of late).

Its pretty common with more shallow faced drivers for them to be better retention wise laterally than vertically. High/Low are playable, but the dropoff in distance was more pronounced for what I tracked.

Please tell this will be on the range Saturday?

It will indeed be there. Hybrid too. Going to get that thread up this evening.

Back