Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Cinco

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
7.1 GHIN
That was my first thought also. I’m looking forward to the smaller profile at address and not giving up distance or forgiveness
That's why I love this thing so far.

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great notes, and great playing! On a side note, man that grass is green! Can't wait.
Haha, u was thinking the exact thing when I looked at that picture

mikeg_74

B.T.S
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally got the ZX5 in. I’ll try to get to the range this week and maybe sneak out Friday for some on course thoughts.

this one looks really good and I love the feel to it. I took some swings in the back yard and I love the weight

View attachment 9001223
im finally getting out to the range tomorrow morning with this one. I’m taking the Rapsodo with me to get some comparison numbers and see how it does.

Danimal

Srixon/Cleveland/Tour Edge Player
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~10
I wonder if Srixon is ready for an onslaught of ZX5 orders.

Golfers Anonymous

THP Shaft Up 2021 Las Vegas
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Sales spike will be crazy

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
So awesome to see Hidecki playing these to a win. I didn't buy a ZX5 this year, but I still think about it, especially today watching him hit fairway after fairway.

Cinco

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
7.1 GHIN
I wonder if Srixon is ready for an onslaught of ZX5 orders.
Had no idea that Matsuyama used a ZX-5 until I saw that slow motion shot of his driver. Not that it should but it made me happy i have one and didn't get the ZX-7.

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The ZX5 was no slouch when I tried it.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Have to admit that ZX5 had some pop in it. Hideki had one in play yesterday and did ok I guess haha. Really underrated offering this year I think

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I love that Hideki won with this driver in the bag. He hasn't been the biggest Srixon driver guy in the last 5-6 years. So its really cool and exciting for the brand that he broke though with this one.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I love that Hideki won with this driver in the bag. He hasn't been the biggest Srixon driver guy in the last 5-6 years. So its really cool and exciting for the brand that he broke though with this one.
There are a lot of under talked about drivers this year that for players that are searching for low spin, would really enjoy. The SIM2 is a low spinner that I think is a fantastic head. Yet this driver and the Exotics driver are similar in spin and seem to be offering more forgiveness based on THPer feedback.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
There are a lot of under talked about drivers this year that for players that are searching for low spin, would really enjoy. The SIM2 is a low spinner that I think is a fantastic head. Yet this driver and the Exotics driver are similar in spin and seem to be offering more forgiveness based on THPer feedback.
I said it last week, it's fun to sign on and see two of the most talked-about drivers are Mizuno and Tour Edge, it shows just how deep that driver market is now. THPers have offered some fantastic feedback on options out there that aren't necessarily considered part of the big players in that space. These Srixon offerings definitely stirred up some interest for me back when we had our meeting with the R&D department. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact, if any, this Masters victory has for them.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I just ordered a 4h, I can't wait to check it out, I've loved the riptide shaft and it sounds like this head is a winner!

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
My ZX7 driver arrived today! The only weird part was when I arrived at the course to get it and do some practice they pulled it out the box and there was the grip in the bag uninstalled. I have no idea why it was not because there was no special instructions for taping or any of that. Just a standard GP MCC grip. The pro shop guy went ahead and put it on but by the time I felt like it was safe to swing I had hit a pile of balls with irons already. Still all things considered I am pleased with how it performed. I definitely had some toe strikes that were still not losing a ton of distance. The best swing I made tattooed it with an amazing push draw deep. I am looking forward to some more time with it when I am not quite as tired.

2EB9DF7D-9505-4C50-ADEE-6C543522B503.jpeg
51E88677-F81F-4DF7-8A3B-980AC7A45361.jpeg
7868E9C8-38CF-4DE5-8E74-B8E78667E0A6.jpeg
BF386661-3778-4068-AABA-3DAFC5A19B07.jpeg

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My ZX7 driver arrived today! The only weird part was when I arrived at the course to get it and do some practice they pulled it out the box and there was the grip in the bag uninstalled. I have no idea why it was not because there was no special instructions for taping or any of that. Just a standard GP MCC grip. The pro shop guy went ahead and put it on but by the time I felt like it was safe to swing I had hit a pile of balls with irons already. Still all things considered I am pleased with how it performed. I definitely had some toe strikes that were still not losing a ton of distance. The best swing I made tattooed it with an amazing push draw deep. I am looking forward to some more time with it when I am not quite as tired.

View attachment 9004852
View attachment 9004853
View attachment 9004854
View attachment 9004855
That looks great!!!!!

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
That looks great!!!!!
They are pretty stunning for sure. And they do perform really well. I would definitely suggest anyone thinking of a new driver this year give it a try. It may be the sleeper driver of the year.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint

View attachment 9004852
View attachment 9004853
View attachment 9004854
View attachment 9004855
Congrats on the new club day! That is a sharp package!

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They are pretty stunning for sure. And they do perform really well. I would definitely suggest anyone thinking of a new driver this year give it a try. It may be the sleeper driver of the year.
Thought about grabbing a 5, but the last time I checked it was back ordered until Jun 3rd. :(

lmh3

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Going to get the ZX7 out to the range, have really liked the performance on TrackMan, but it is always nice to see it on the course.

mantan

Reaction score
Handicap
I am so tempted to get an ZX5 to demo through the Srixon Demo program....

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I am so tempted to get an ZX5 to demo through the Srixon Demo program....
It’s maybe the most under talked about driver head on the market right now. If I didn’t have the event coming up that I do, it’d be in the thick of the fight for the bag. I can’t do anything but hit the middle of the face with it.

Plus, the shape of the 5 is flat out stunning.

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
It’s maybe the most under talked about driver head on the market right now. If I didn’t have the event coming up that I do, it’d be in the thick of the fight for the bag. I can’t do anything but hit the middle of the face with it.

Plus, the shape of the 5 is flat out stunning.
The 5 will be a great driver for a lot of people. I still think it is too loud but that’s just me.

Cinco

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
7.1 GHIN
The 5 will be a great driver for a lot of people. I still think it is too loud but that’s just me.
It's definitely loud but it's overshadowed by the deafening roar of the ball landing on the fairway 270 out.

Happily living with it.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’d say it’ll be the better of the two for the vast majority.

I’d also say a little hot melt will fix that. ;)

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in