Stamina Pro Patches

Playing 36 today at least, so one of these is going to go on the outside of my forearm/elbow.

excited to finally give them a go.
Any feedback, one way or the other?

I should have some feedback later this weekend, mine arrived this evening....

I use Tiger Balm, Biofreeze, and sometimes add Thermacare patches with one or the other. I carried my own tens unit with me when i go out of town. Hopefully they come in time for this weekend or def for True Temper.

Ah ha! Someone else who did/does use a tens unit. My physiotherapist used one on me while I was recovering from wrist surgery so I’m completely sold on their effectiveness. I went out and bought one to take on trips.

With the feedback here so far, I wonder if the tens plus the patches would be an effective combination.

donny475 said:
I use Tiger Balm, Biofreeze, and sometimes add Thermacare patches with one or the other. I carried my own tens unit with me when i go out of town. Hopefully they come in time for this weekend or def for True Temper.
Ah ha! Someone else who did/does use a tens unit. My physiotherapist used one on me while I was recovering from wrist surgery so I’m completely sold on their effectiveness. I went out and bought one to take on trips.

With the feedback here so far, I wonder if the tens plus the patches would be an effective combination.

Well, I have both here at my house, AND, I am not afraid to use them......I will let you know

OK, so, I have used these a lot last week. As mentioned, I played 100+ holes over three consecutive days, and there was ample opportunity to use them.

First though, let me say, its hard to review something like these without creating some sort of placebo IMO, reason being the mind is powerful and really can convince us of things. I state this not to say its what is going on with me or not, but to be clear there is no real scientific way for me to test them other than just wearing them as I don't have an infrared scanner or anything.

So, I did see merit in the patches. I placed over the three days small ones on the sections of my elbows that often ache, a large long one down the back of my left triceps as I have had some recurring soreness there, and then on the third day after waking up to soreness in my shoulders, I put a mid sized patch there.

To my mind, I definitely saw a reduction in soreness during activity and after. Most noticeably on my shoulders the third day as by the time I got to the course I'd forgotten all about the soreness I had. I can't give you any rundown on the 100's of ingredients and such, but there is no smell to them and they stretch/bend with the movements of the swing just fine.

With that last part, they weren't any more tacky for me than Icy Hot patches are....but those are pretty effing tacky so there is that, hahaha. They will take hair with them when you remove them, so be prepared. But, during the activities I never had the edges come up, which is a win.

Last thing I want to touch on as it does use an adhesive, I had a reaction to the adhesive. Light red irritation/swelling at the site, but I didn't notice it until the Doc pointed it out Friday night. No itchiness there, nor discomfort, so I'm not worried about it, but I thought it is worth pointing out.

Well, I have to agree with Jman that the mind is a powerful thing....tha being said, I like them. History, I have low back pain and have had for many years due to a couple of serious car wrecks when i was younger and I never got smart enough to stop playing Softball, sliding and diving for balls i could not reach...

So I generally take ibuprofen and use other balms and rubs. Friday evening before bed I was having really bad right side SI joint pain sandpit one on thinking that maybe it would help before morning. I put it on around 7ish and before went to bed, i realized that the pain had diminished greatly. Before i left the house for the course in the morning for my 8am tee time, i pulled it off and replaced it and also put one on my left side. I played virtually pain free.

Did some work around the house that afternoon and also did some work on the new truck, got my seat covers in the mail, and that entailed getting under the seats and attaching, stretching and timing them in place. Finally showered, that evening before bed and pulled the patches at that time. when got up on Sunday, i realized i had stiffness and generally soreness. Had not reapplied.

Today i sit at my desk working from the house as i do each monday, and after putting one on this morning, I have virtually no pain. I gotta give it the thumbs up...

Put another one on yesterday in the morning to wear through the work day, on the back of my left triceps again as I’ve got some recurring things going on there.

Through the day when lecturing like a lunatic, as I tend to do with arms flailing and such haha, there was no resonant ache when stretching that quadrant of my arm which I consider a win. Now I didn’t swing at practice yesterday, so I can’t comment there.

Again, I don’t have any way to quantifyhow much these do or don’t work scientifically, I can only keep talking that Ihave had less aches in the positions I’ve put them in which is a win for me. I also did again have another slight adhesive reaction, but still not itching etc.

I would like to see a couple more larger rectangular sizes perhaps, could be killer for a lower back placement if it were to ever happen.

Anyone have any questions? I’m here for you!

I would like to see a couple more larger rectangular sizes perhaps, could be killer for a lower back placement if it were to ever happen.

I like the 2x10 size for the lower back.

I like the 2x10 size for the lower back.
I definitely think of their sizes it’s the best option for sure. I just think also that if they had a nice 4x8 or something in that realm, even as a stand-alone option, it would get some eyes.

I love the 2x10 for long muscle applications. Enough length to bend with the body, and the right width to apply on arms and legs to hit spots.

Wearing one right now.

IMG_5743.jpg

I’ve loved that size for my inner and outer elbows, especially after my insane 100+ hole end of week last week.:oops:

I’ve loved that size for my inner and outer elbows, especially after my insane 100+ hole end of week last week.:oops:

I want to say it's a placebo thing, because I can't wrap my head around it, but my forearm was sore as heck yesterday. Put on a patch this morning when I woke up instead of taking some Tylenol and the pain is gone. Same thing happened last week with my Sciatica which was really bothering me. Put on a patch and in a few hours, realized the pain was nearly completely gone.

I want to say it's a placebo thing, because I can't wrap my head around it, but my forearm was sore as heck yesterday. Put on a patch this morning when I woke up instead of taking some Tylenol and the pain is gone. Same thing happened last week with my Sciatica which was really bothering me. Put on a patch and in a few hours, realized the pain was nearly completely gone.
It’s much what I’ve seen. I’ve not seen a total elimination of pain in some instances, but a significant reduction.

It’s a tough thing to talk about because I’ve got no scientific way to quantify what’s going on, and that wrecks my teacher brain. Haha

It’s much what I’ve seen. I’ve not seen a total elimination of pain in some instances, but a significant reduction.

It’s a tough thing to talk about because I’ve got no scientific way to quantify what’s going on, and that wrecks my teacher brain. Haha

That is where I struggle a bit. There is nothing there that says "this works, go get this". At the same time, I have used them on 4 occasions now and have either completely eliminated or greatly reduced discomfort. At my advanced age, this has been really good.

Its like the copper bracelets with arthritis and some people wear the charged wrist bands for balance.....there is truth in science, doesn't actually have to be an advil or Ibuprofen or something stronger......I just like that it works. A 2x4 on each SI joint and in a few minutes...i come to the realization that the pain is not there....I am sure they will get a workout at Hammock this weekend.

Its like the copper bracelets with arthritis and some people wear the charged wrist bands for balance.....there is truth in science, doesn't actually have to be an advil or Ibuprofen or something stronger......I just like that it works. A 2x4 on each SI joint and in a few minutes...i come to the realization that the pain is not there....I am sure they will get a workout at Hammock this weekend.

Except the copper bracelets have been proven to be non-effective, right? Didn't WebMD do a whole study that showed they didn't help with swelling or anything associated with arthritis as they were saying?

I’m glad to see that y’all had good experiences with the patches. It’s a small sample but interesting in that we all went in with degrees of skepticism and had similar results.

I’m glad to see that y’all had good experiences with the patches. It’s a small sample but interesting in that we all went in with degrees of skepticism and had similar results.

I was just talking to @GolferGal about this exact thing. All of us were thinking "yeah sure" and came away with virtually the same conclusion.

Except the copper bracelets have been proven to be non-effective, right? Didn't WebMD do a whole study that showed they didn't help with swelling or anything associated with arthritis as they were saying?

I believe that WebMD's results in 2018 quoted a study done in 2013 by a DR at the university of York in the UK.. of only 70 participants on the usefulness on Magnetic and Copper and that study stated that you would be best to spend your money on medicines and other things like fish oils for dietary help for rheumatoid arthritis.....The study said, in a part that WebMD did not bother to quote said, "In spite of all the evidence advising that copper bracelets are not effective, there may be some benefit to them."

By the way, have they released a full ingredient list @JB and I'm just missing it? The Doc was curious last night.

By the way, have they released a full ingredient list @JB and I'm just missing it? The Doc was curious last night.

Not that I have seen.

Forgot to mention I received mine a while back. Planning on wearing them during the event this weekend (since we only have grips, shafts, and iron heads to review).

The feedback is good and I am glad the patches are helping relieve the pain. I will be ordering some today to try on the Inside of my elbow. It doesn’t bother me all of the time but I think it is worth a try.

I ordered the "weekend warrior" pack and I was impressed with the packaging. Ill add some pictures tonight, but its a quality box with a great organization of the patches within them. I will be wearing a patch this weekend while golfing and hope to have the same good results as everyone else is.

Back