Steadfast Golf Shaft

@Steadfast Golf

I’m interested in purchasing a driver shaft. The driver shaft specs currently don’t list weight on the details of the ordering page. Are they all 60 grams and are the shaft weights for an uncut shaft or when cut to the specified playing length?

All of our driver shafts measure in at 70 grams at play length
I let our web guys know - - thanks for the heads up!

Do you guys sell raw uncut shafts for testing?

You can specify in your order notes for "Raw, Uncut Shaft - - no grip or tip applied" :)

Test away!
Question for you. Torque measuring. 5” or 7” clamp? Trying to figure out how torque cuts in half going to 3 wood and want to make sure we are apples to apples with measuring.

Thanks much. 😀

Question for you. Torque measuring. 5” or 7” clamp? Trying to figure out how torque cuts in half going to 3 wood and want to make sure we are apples to apples with measuring.

Thanks much. 😀

5" clamp (y)

Thanks much. 😀

will be very interested to see all the numbers.

will be very interested to see all the numbers.

Disclaimer from Sir Francis Bacon's "Scientific Method" to the THP community - - the numbers from JB's experiment will not be EXACTLY the same as the results printout above since he will not have the exact same shaft that Golf Laboratories used with their robot in their 3rd party testing (y) don't be surprised when the numbers are different!

@JB Let us know what you find :)

Disclaimer from Sir Francis Bacon's "Scientific Method" to the THP community - - the numbers from JB's experiment will not be EXACTLY the same as the results printout above since he will not have the exact same shaft that Golf Laboratories used with their robot in their 3rd party testing (y) don't be surprised when the numbers are different!

That’s an interesting comment. Would be curious to see the numbers through a batch of shafts (I know that’s probably not feasible) but with the tight tolerances mentioned on the website seems like shaft same or not wouldn’t be a problem as they are “spineless” maybe I’m understanding that wrong.

I think I have one of the loose tips. My grip isn’t remotely close to lined up. I am going to pull the tip and reattach it. It may be a few days before I get to put it in play again.

That’s an interesting comment. Would be curious to see the numbers through a batch of shafts (I know that’s probably not feasible) but with the tight tolerances mentioned on the website seems like shaft same or not wouldn’t be a problem as they are “spineless” maybe I’m understanding that wrong.

My emphasis on the word EXACTLY is the important part here- - some individuals may be sour if every single number doesn't match that printout above.

My emphasis on the word EXACTLY is the important part here- - some individuals may be sour if every single number doesn't match that printout above.

ordered mine! Looking forward to trying it out

of course. there are always variations. But, consistency from unit to unit is also a sign of good manufacturing tolerances. What amount of deviation should we expect to be within your tolerance level?

of course. there are always variations. But, consistency from unit to unit is also a sign of good manufacturing tolerances. What amount of deviation should we expect to be within your tolerance level?

The amount of data and time required to fully answer that question........................................................................... you aren't paying me enough :geek:

You will just have to see what JB comes up with!

He could always test the individual metrics of every single shaft in a batch of 100, 500, or 1000 shafts to get a sample size of deviation ;) You just tell him what he needs to do

TXG Review of our S2 Shaft

I just came to post this. Review is not exactly positive, but good feedback for you guys. The low torque doesn’t seem to be a negative, but the balance point is a big problem. It’s going to affect the ability for most humans to time the head, except for the small percentage that performs better at heavier swing weights (D8 in the video). This isn’t something you are going to see in robot testing (which definitely has its place as well as human testing).

That being said, for those that play shorter drivers (44-44.5”) this may be a great option. If it’s D8 in most heads at a 45” playing length it should come out to around D2 at 44” or D5 at 44.5”.

ETA - I did some searching and it appears the LST head is 6-8 grams heavier than some of the other big names. So that should put SIM, F9/Speedzone, and I’m sure others around D4-D5 at the 45” playing length? Is anyone aware of a list online showing various target head weights for the major OEM drivers?

You can also use the camera icon without the + in it to embed the YouTube video as well as other various media links.

Last edited:
I just came to post this. Review is not exactly positive, but good feedback for you guys. The low torque doesn’t seem to be a negative, but the balance point is a big problem. It’s going to affect the ability for most humans to time the head, except for the small percentage that performs better at heavier swing weights (D8 in the video). This isn’t something you are going to see in robot testing (which definitely has its place as well as human testing).

That being said, for those that play shorter drivers (44-44.5”) this may be a great option. If it’s D8 in most heads at a 45” playing length it should come out to around D2 at 44” or D5 at 44.5”.

You can also use the camera icon without the + in it to embed the YouTube video as well as other various media links.

Great feedback indeed, very "interesting" as they noted a handful of times :)

We are sending them some S4 shafts on Monday for them to test - - the S4 model was design to address that exact feedback from our customers in late September

All his 1X toe shots with the S2 were straight at least haha, they didn't mention that - - thank you torque

Last edited:

ETA - I did some searching and it appears the LST head is 6-8 grams heavier than some of the other big names. So that should put SIM, F9/Speedzone, and I’m sure others around D4-D5 at the 45” playing length? Is anyone aware of a list online showing various target head weights for the major OEM drivers?

Thanks for your review of the review (y)

Great feedback indeed, very "interesting" as they noted a handful of times :)

We are sending them some S4 shafts on Monday for them to test - - the S4 model was design to address that exact feedback from our customers in late September

All his 1X shots toe shots with the S2 were straight at least haha - - thank you torque

Sorry, but added this to my post after you quoted it so I wanted to make sure you had a chance to see it and respond if you had anymore information that could clarify:

Sorry, but added this to my post after you quoted it so I wanted to make sure you had a chance to see it and respond if you had anymore information that could clarify:

Great add! - - that is correct - - I believe that head weighs in the high 190 grams range so that is why it was feeling a bit heavy in his hands with the S2 shaft

Example: My Calloway XR head weight ~188G, Calloway XR Pro weight ~192G, TaylorMade SIM Tour Spec weight 200G

Great add! - - that is correct - - I believe that head weighs in the high 190 grams range so that is why it was feeling a bit heavy in his hands with the S2 shaft

Example: My Calloway XR head weight ~188G, Calloway XR Pro weight ~192G, TaylorMade SIM Tour Spec weight 200G

The video review almost convinced me not to try it because with most heads/shafts I prefer around D4. But it looks like my current F9 head should be around 198 grams stock. I had to add weight to get it to D4 with the stock shaft cut to play at 45” from the stock 45.25” standard playing length (non-cobra connect grip).

So I still think I’m going to order and see what shakes out with my F9 head. I’ve done some testing with my son who struggled to time the face at D2 and 44.5” playing length (weight added to head) but timed the face much better with the same head and stock weights to hit D2 in a 45” playing length. So I’m curious how similar changes would affect me. In this case specifically, more swing weight from the balance point of the shaft as opposed to adding weight to the head.

G

G410 LST head weighs 208g.

Was just on the web site. it shows a red shaft, blue shaft, white and green shaft. how do you know which color you get?

Ordered one just for sh*ts & giggles. At that price. 25% off too! Can't go wrong at least trying one out.
Incidentally I'd like to get that bundle price I was offered at the end of the transaction for the 3 & 5 wood shaft IF the driver shaft works out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ordered one just for sh*ts & giggles. At that price. 25% off too! Can't go wrong at least trying one out.
Incidentally I'd like to get that bundle price I was offered at the end of the transaction for the 3 & 5 wood shaft IF the driver shaft works out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I came close to doing this as well yesterday, haha. Maybe after a few more drinks. 🤔

Back