BROCK

Hackshack
Reaction score
Handicap
Yep, remember watching all those NFL films growing up. Will never forget those shows.

Very sad, I just heard this on the radio. NFL films will always bee one of those things I always remember, the soundtrack, the way they filmed stuff. It really brought football to life for me!

Awe yes they did a great documentary on his dad Ed last year. Those guys revolutionized the game to for the fans.

Very sad passing....NFL films are really the reason we have slo motion replays and sound from the sidelines among other things....very revolutionary.

Rip Steve Sabol, here is a piece he did honoring John Facenda.

One of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. A truly special man with a passion that few shared. RIP.

I heard he was awesome to be around. RIP

Another pioneer gone in 2012...changed the very fabric of the game. RIP.

This is so, so sad. I love what I've seen of the NFL Films series. His father Ed actually went to my high school.

Nothing recent compares to his videos. His vids drew in that generation to the NFL.

Another special person gone. RIP

This is really sad. I loved firing up the VHS and burning through the tapes

Steve Sabol Passed Away

Steve Sabol Passed Away

Anybody who grew up in the 70's before cable was what it is today and loved football probably remembers this gentlemans work. Great video, great production, great writing and the voice of John Facenda was the perfect compliment.

Rest in peace Mr. Sable. Your work was top notch.

Back