99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Just wanted to know any other's out there who enjoy watching a good storm roll in? Now iam not talking about death and destrution but just a good t-storm if so post pic's or storys about the best ones since we are coming to that time of yr. when all the crazy weather starts to happen..
404758672.jpg
389727869.jpg
]
404758670.jpg
404758671.jpg

Beautiful pictures, I'm happy seeing them in this format, lol.

]]]
406313263.jpg
]
406313264.jpg
]
406313265.jpg
]
406313266.jpg

I like storms. Those are some great pictures

I love to watch storms, if the wind isn't blowing the rain on the porch I will sit out and watch it rain.

Amazing pictures!

I like a good thunderstorm. Not a storm chaser or anything, but it is something to watch a thunderstorm building in the sky.

I used to have friends that lived abroad and they had a villa that was above the town and the terrace outside the living room looked over the town out to sea. A number of nights it was known for us to sit on that terrace and watch the lightning display

I enjoy a good thunder storm, I love the thunder that rattles the house and especially like the lightening that breaks out across the ocean, it looks like the sky is on fire sometimes.

those are great pics. I look at mother nature the same as I do space and the whole universe. So very powerful and dangerous and yet so awesome and beautiful at the same time. Its realy quite mezmorizing when such magnificent storms roll in. There is just an unexplainable magnetism and curiosity to try to understand and feel the power that is created, built up and is released. Thinking of it that way just puts me in perspective of just how insignificant we are in relation to that power. The sky can be very scary and yet so very awesome.

i love a good storm, i am a chaser when i get a chance. i love watching how storms form and the beauty of the colors and how it can be calm one minute and apocalyptic the next. great pics btw

Just wanted to know any other's out there who enjoy watching a good storm roll in? Now iam not talking about death and destrution but just a good t-storm if so post pic's or storys about the best ones since we are coming to that time of yr. when all the crazy weather starts to happen..
404758671.jpg

And this one here is exactly what i mean. Awesome, scary, curious, powerful, beatiful. The sky looks like its alive and wants to devour everything in its path. Its like horse power on a scale that is unimaginable. Scary feeling of insignifigance to see it and also beatifuly atractive at the same time.

Not mine, but snagged off Twitter:

BIotvoHCUAA_OqH.jpg:large

I always thought this was such a wild picture.

striking_the_skyline_by_mastermayhem-d4t0bj1.jpg

Nice pictures. I'm a photographer and I've yet to capture a storm. I would love to get a picture of a tornado, there my favorite.

MJ_Tornado.jpg

Here is a shot of a tornado we took from a shelter at our local course just over a year ago. We had made the turn & the clouds were nasty but it was really past us already. We were sitting on #10 tee box when they blew the horn & we retreated to the shelter. We really weren't worried because the worst was already past us, but it sure was interesting to see the funnel cloud drop out of the sky...

(Its a crappy cell phone pic)

MJ_Tornado.jpg

Here is a shot of a tornado we took from a shelter at our local course just over a year ago. We had made the turn & the clouds were nasty but it was really past us already. We were sitting on #10 tee box when they blew the horn & we retreated to the shelter. We really weren't worried because the worst was already past us, but it sure was interesting to see the funnel cloud drop out of the sky...

Nice. Gotta love what God made!

A few from last night
406820366.jpg
406820367.jpg
406820369.jpg
406820370.jpg

Lightning infatuation

Lightning infatuation

Alright guys, I have been completely obsessed with lightning and storms in general since I was a little kid. There was a storm rolling in tonight and I did something that I have always wanted to do but never been able to. My wife isn't home and I have no one to share this with but my friends here at THP.
DSC01352.jpg
DSC01349.jpg
DSC01300.jpg
DSC01237.jpg
DSC01196.jpg

No lightning in the last picture but I thought it was still a cool photo. I've been trying to get a picture of lightning for a while now and tonight I got quite a few. This may not seem like any kind of accomplishment to some but it was a big deal for me. Hope you guys enjoy.

Dude, come down and visit us in the summer, you will get more photos than you could ever want. Cool pictures dude.

I've considered doing a "stormchaser" vacation before. I'm a bit infatuated as well.

I don't know where in NC you're at, but down here in the Southeast, there's a huge storm with a ton of lightning rolling in right now. Lightning in every direction.

Cool pics. I agree with Wake. Growing up in Tampa you see some amazing electrical storms. My folks have a porch that is screened in to the second story and we used to sit on their balcony and watch it for hours.

I don't know where in NC you're at, but down here in the Southeast, there's a huge storm with a ton of lightning rolling in right now. Lightning in every direction.

I'm stationed at Camp Lejeune and we live outside the gate in Hubert. The storm you're about to get may be the one that is rolling through here right now.

Back