stitch this on the side of their hats or something..

1614268234247.png

They could do a red and black ribbon on their hats. No scripting issues, nothing over the top, and still shows they care.
I like this idea ^^^^^^^ (y)

I'm sure you will see a lot of social media pics of just your random golfers this Sunday wearing their Red & Black outfits in Tiger's honor though.

Why? He is alive, this idea is a bit over the top to me.

Because I think it would be cool. Don't see why someone has to die to be honored with a simple gesture of a shirt color.

All of these guys have benefitted from what Tiger created. The FedEx Cup is a gigantic money grab because the popularity that he brought to the sport.

Then shouldn't they wear green? :LOL:

Because I think it would be cool. Don't see why someone has to die to be honored with a simple gesture of a shirt color.
I would think it would be awesome gesture.

I am not making fun of the situation, but your comment made me think of:

Why? He is alive, this idea is a bit over the top to me.

I am with you he is alive and isn't at risk of dying. I think it totally sucks that Tiger crashed his car and smashed up his leg but he is going to live and potentially play golf again. I think a tribute is a bit excessive right now.

I think in honor of him, I’m gonna club twirl the hell out of every shot in my next round. Club twirling putters boys, WOOO!

I think in honor of him, I’m gonna club twirl the hell out of every shot in my next round. Club twirling putters boys, WOOO!

I think I will remove the spikes from my TW shoes and just wear them all over the place

To each his own, I say. I’m sure players like JT will being doing it already anyway. Maybe some custom spikes for tiger? The everyone needs to do it gives off an RIP Tiger vibe, but if someone chooses to I’m all for it. Probably would lift the spirits of someone going through a very tough time.

I hope players who don’t participate don’t get labeled as tiger haters if it’s an overwhelming majority of people who do tribute.

I think I will remove the spikes from my TW shoes and just wear them all over the place

Add push pins or something to the bottom, give that metal crunch sound when you walk. I'll follow you around with a boombox playing Eye of the Tiger the entire day

This is already going to be a Tiger worship fest. No need to any further than what will already happen. I think the Tiger stuff will already be so over the top all week this event may become unbearable..

To each his own, I say. I’m sure players like JT will being doing it already anyway. Maybe some custom spikes for tiger? The everyone needs to do it gives off an RIP Tiger vibe, but if someone chooses to I’m all for it. Probably would lift the spirits of someone going through a very tough time.

I hope players who don’t participate don’t get labeled as tiger haters if it’s an overwhelming majority of people who do tribute.

See I'm good with that. I don't think it should be mandated. But I'd love to see everyone on Sunday wearing red. I think it would be a killer tribute. And for those who want to do their own thing or no participate that's fine too.

Add push pins or something to the bottom, give that metal crunch sound when you walk. I'll follow you around with a boombox playing Eye of the Tiger the entire day

ok someday we need to do this.

I mean think of the image...Rory, Bryson, DJ, Xander, all battling down the stretch on Sunday, and all wearing red. Pretty strong imagery there if you ask me.

This is already going to be a Tiger worship fest. No need to any further than what will already happen. I think the Tiger stuff will already be so over the top all week this event may become unbearable..

it won’t be limited to this week in my opinion. And I totally get it, but as we saw in the documentary recently tiger is an anomaly when it comes to being a media lightning rod. I’d love to see the numbers on how “trending” he was on internet searches this week.

A compound fracture is no joke. Infections happen and once you are septic, things can go south pretty quick.

It may seem over the top to some, but what is wrong with telling someone how much they mean to you?

Every person involved with the Tour since the late 90's should all give some kind of thanks to Tiger for just the amount of exposure and money he has brought to golf in general.

That being said everyone wearing a red shirt is a bit much. A red ribbon as suggested earlier in this thread makes sense. Most of the younger golfers on tour are golfers because of Tiger. Doesn't hurt to show him some love.

These guys should give tribute to Tiger at every opportunity. They all owe him for about 90% of the paychecks they receive each week.

Would be cool. Or even something simple like a pin on their hats

it won’t be limited to this week in my opinion. And I totally get it, but as we saw in the documentary recently tiger is an anomaly when it comes to being a media lightning rod. I’d love to see the numbers on how “trending” he was on internet searches this week.

No, it will not end this week. Not in the slightest.. I totally admire and appreciate Tigers greatness but stuff like this kinda drives me nuts. All the "Tiger is so special to me personally" because of what ever event. I don't really like it.. I will be honest..

I dont like that he was in wreck. I dont like that we got robbed of of amazing golf due to a body that failed him. But I dont like all the worship..

I think it's over the top, but whatever - if they like the idea, go for it.

Back