Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

Been using the Slim 3.0 and love it. Like the idea of the Flatso, so I ordered the Flatso 1.4 to test.

Finally got my Odyssey out on the course with the Mid-Slim, and really liked the results. Much better control of pace when I remembered to keep my wrists set from address position all the way through the stroke. Got rid of my excess forward press that had caused a lot of skid last week. All this added up to less twisting and instability in the wrist through the stroke.

Personal opinion, if you use a SBST stroke, and struggle with pace, I think you really ought to give a SuperStroke a try.

Now if only I was any good at reading greens.

Count me in as a user of the stock orange one, whatever it is. Trying it out tonight probably.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to get the 3.0 put on my putter, but I don't know how to change grips myself and I'm not sure whether the local golf shop could get it done in time for a tournament I'm playing in on Wednesday, so it will probably have to wait until after that. I might also do a little more testing to see if the 3.0 is the size I like the most - so far I've been most partial to the 3.0 and the Fatso.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to get the 3.0 put on my putter, but I don't know how to change grips myself and I'm not sure whether the local golf shop could get it done in time for a tournament I'm playing in on Wednesday, so it will probably have to wait until after that. I might also do a little more testing to see if the 3.0 is the size I like the most - so far I've been most partial to the 3.0 and the Fatso.

Regripping shouldn't take anyone who's done it before more than 15 minutes. They do it for free at golfsmith if you buy the grip there.

I messed around with some demo putters at lunch. I'm going to start with the 1.0 for sure. Right now I am using a small tapered medalist grip. They felt super nice though

i went from stock taper on my method to the fatso to the ultra slim 1.0...never looked back.

Thinking about switching from the 5.0 to the 3.0 anyone have some thoughts for me?

Spent some time today at the golf store and ended up with the 3.0. Just felt the 5 was too large.

I am not real happy with the duribilty of this grip. Starting to fall apart after only a few months.

I am not real happy with the duribilty of this grip. Starting to fall apart after only a few months.
Wow, that's not good at all.

Interesting to hear. I've been using mine all year (season started in late May and I play 5-7 times per week), and besides the fact that I'm delinquent in cleaning my grips so it's no longer white and black but brown and black, it's been great. I have to add, since I've been using it, my putts starting on line have gone up drastically. I've also been trying the whole 'left hand only' practice putting and keeping that feeling while I'm actually putting, and between the 2 I bet I start only 1 or 2 putts per round off the exact line I want (reading the correct break and hitting the correct weight-to steal a curling term-is entirely a different matter and has nothing to do with the grip or putter).

Got this bad boy today. Doing some practicing getting used to it. Really liking it so far. Was just using a narrow tapered medalist before.

null_zps90bec2a4.jpg

If i asked for a review demo grip, would Superstroke send me one to try out?

Just put a LE Open Championship Ultra Slim 1.0 on my LE Versa #7. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten one of the U.S. Open grips, but I didn't order this putter until afterward and they weren't available anymore. But aside from it being patriotically confused, I think it looks pretty nice.

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

Oh, I've got to get me one of those!!!!

If i asked for a review demo grip, would Superstroke send me one to try out?

Highly doubtful. But as it's only about 20 bucks to try one out, I highly recommend it.

Highly doubtful. But as it's only about 20 bucks to try one out, I highly recommend it.
If i find the right one the first time sure... but if change is necessary its going to be an expensive endeavour

Here is a picture of the issue I am having. Nothing major just annoying.
gapanubu.jpg

Here is a picture of the issue I am having. Nothing major just annoying.
gapanubu.jpg
Wow, I wouldn't expect that much wear at all.

Basically the excess material that is normally under the end cap came out.

If i find the right one the first time sure... but if change is necessary its going to be an expensive endeavour

Get to a box store and they'll have all the sizes and you can at least get an idea of what feels best. Most seem to go the 3.0 route fwiw.

Howzat, that's crazy. Assuming you don't walk around using your putter upside down as a cane. It wouldn't bother my swing at all b/c I grip right at the bottom, but that's still weird. Might have found a defect grip. Can always email them a pic and see if it's a regular wear issue.

I had the 5.0 on my scotty and recently switched to the versa #7. I'm wanting to go back to a SS but I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2.0 or 3.0

I had the 5.0 on my scotty and recently switched to the versa #7. I'm wanting to go back to a SS but I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2.0 or 3.0

I too had the 5.0 on my scotty, but recently switched back to a pistolero grip.

I picked up a lime green Mid-Slim 2.0 today for my Si3W. I had the older reversed taper 1.0 before and didn't care for it much after a while but the 2.0 just felt absolutely perfect in my hands and I couldn't resist it.

Back