Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

anyone know if it's possible to remove a SS grip without damaging it?

I've done it countless times using air. I just put a bit of solvent in the end with an old syringe and then give it some air...usually around 90 psi.

I just ordered an ultra slim 1.0 to try. Like my 5.0 but might be a little much. Is it pretty easy to remove the super stroke 5.0 without tearing it up?

I've been popping these off and on using a Pure Grips tool and a compressor (and using no tape). Works great.

I almost got the Super Stroke but to me it got really slick in the Virginia humidity. I went with the Ping midsize which I really like. If the SS wouldn't have felt slick, it would have been in the bag.

I've got one on my Scotty Newport 2 and like it a lot. Unfortunately I've developed the yips and there isn't a grip out there that could save me right now so I went back to my Odyssey belly for a while before I started breaking 40 putts a round instead of 34 lol.

I love my super stroke 5.0. Best addition to my bag this year!!

Last edited:
This links back to this thread. If there is another admins please feel free to remove this one

The other one is the one I linked. Check it out, it's just what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

My friend just threw an Orange 3.0 on his putter. I really like the feel of it more than my 1.0.

Can't putt without one. (2.0)

Waiting to hear from Jman on this subject! He was such a staunch believer in the SS 1.0's, but seems to be wavering a bit on the 2.0's now. Jman - how big are your hands? Does this come into play at all for those of you who like the 2.0 over the 1.0? Just wondering, because my son has much bigger hands, & I'm thinking the 2.0's might be a better fit for him. Gusee we'll have to take him to Golf Galaxy & check it out.

Got one and will never live without it. 5.0 FATSO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

just completed a trade for a Ryder Cup USA 3.0 (such a sweet grip) and also got one of those heavier 3.0's as a throw in. I'll eventually get an extra 2 ball to put the ryder cup one in. Don't have any plans for the heavier one. The solid red/black color on it is pretty sweet though.

I got Mid-Slim 2.0 installed on my Odyssey Metal-X #7 last weekend. So far just messing around on the practice green, and I love it. Much more comfortable and repeatable. While I haven't gotten to where I'd consider using a left-hand-low setup all the time, I've messed around with it, and have started using it for shorter putts. Love the versatility a Super Stroke offers.

Ultra slim on my Cleveland Classic seems to be a pretty nice fit, at least for now. These things seem to come n' go.

I got Mid-Slim 2.0 installed on my Odyssey Metal-X #7 last weekend. So far just messing around on the practice green, and I love it. Much more comfortable and repeatable. While I haven't gotten to where I'd consider using a left-hand-low setup all the time, I've messed around with it, and have started using it for shorter putts. Love the versatility a Super Stroke offers.

I'm interested in hearing the feedback from you on this. I've only played one round with my #7 and only had 25 putts so I don't wanna change anything just yet but I had the 5.0 on my scotty and really helped my putting

Anyone know if super stroke makes a counter balance type grip? Like for the Taylor made spider blade. I really miss the fat grip since switching putters.

Soon to be Superstroke user here. I recently scored a Nike Ignite putter off Ebay that has a big ole Superstroke grip on it. I dont care for the way it looks but who knows, it might be great and do wonders for my putting.

Anyone know if super stroke makes a counter balance type grip? Like for the Taylor made spider blade. I really miss the fat grip since switching putters.

Their older offerings were noticeably heavier (you can tell the older ones from the more blocky looking logo letters and the solid colors). I have one of those in a 3.0 size just sitting around. I believe ones like "the claw" are also heavier for counterbalancing purposes.

Just put a LE Open Championship Ultra Slim 1.0 on my LE Versa #7. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten one of the U.S. Open grips, but I didn't order this putter until afterward and they weren't available anymore. But aside from it being patriotically confused, I think it looks pretty nice.

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

Just put a LE Open Championship Ultra Slim 1.0 on my LE Versa #7. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten one of the U.S. Open grips, but I didn't order this putter until afterward and they weren't available anymore. But aside from it being patriotically confused, I think it looks pretty nice.

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

That is a badass look. You might have to putt with a martini (shaken, not stirred) and an English accent.

Just put an ultraslim 1.0 on my Cameron Del Mar 3. One round in and so far so good. Feels a little strange.

Back