Superspeed Squeeze Testing and Reviews

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We sent the Superspeed Squeeze out to a handful of THPers to put through the test and this will be a thread where they go through the protocols and training and see how well it works.

Superspeed stands by their products and because of that also included a dynamometer which measures grip strength to each of the participants.

The protocol can be found here

The explanation video of why we created the product and why grip strength is important can be found here.

To use the dynamometer, they should hold it directly out in front of their body with the arm straight. Then squeeze as hard as they can and record their max number in kilograms. Do this for both the right and left hand.

We know we have a second thread since this training aid has been out for a bit, but wanted to create a new one for you to go through the protocols.

@echico
@Jtubb17
@oumagic
@WICHITAREJECT
@mtbloco
@cnl390

Of course anybody else that is currently using or wants to be a part of it, jump right in. You can find more information here.

Looking forward to this process.

This is going to be a great test to see how it works out.

Got the Dynamometer last night! Will be starting the program tonight!
Thank you

Got some baseline numbers this morning. They are all avg for me being a 43 year old male:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

Here are the avg numbers from the data Superspeed gathered for comparison:
IMG_1940.jpeg

Initial thought is that it’s interesting my trail hand is the stronger grip. Makes sense to me because it is my dominant hand but all their male data shows stronger lead hand. Maybe I should be playing lefty.

I’ll get started on the protocol tonight.

Last edited:
I'm following along with this one for sure, especially after seeing such good success with the sticks

The dynamometer had a chart and I got my baseline last night. My problem hand (lead left) is close to weak at 35.3 kg and right is 42.9. I did the first protocol last night and am weaker this morning. My plan is to do protocol every other day and record dynamometer measurements once per week. I will also monitor my club distance with Arccos and will test driver swing speed with trackman after 4-6 weeks.IMG_5270.jpeg

I did my first routine two nights ago, but will hold off on continuing until my dynamometer arrives and can establish a baseline.
It would also be interesting to see the ages of each participant. I am 69

Baseline Right 33.84 kg, Left 30.21 kg

Baseline right hand 46 left hand 39. 63 years old. Both in Normal category. I am surprised

First session in the books. Trying to swing non dominant way was.....interesting. should get more comfortable as I do this.

Starting baseline: L 48.4 kg R 51.4 kg with the correct arm out technique. After the second set I really felt some fatigue and re-test showed that. dropping to 44.1 and 47.2.

I definitely feel this is working muscles. I even have a little forearm pump in my right arm.

Echico 45 years old.

Baselines

Driver was 99-109 with most around 104. My goal would be to live over 105.
3w and 5w was between 95 and 100.
7i was right about 80.

Dynamometer (kg)

1688092708660.png

First session tomorrow.

Grip strength seems to be one of the least thought about things for me. My grip is my grip, right? Looking forward to seeing what you guys see with this one.

Day 1 of the protocol is done. It’s a pretty quick workout but you definitely feel the burn.

The Superspeed Squeeze training device goes on the club easily. It didn’t feel loose or unstable at all through any of the exercises including full swings for max speed. I used my old 7i with midsize grips even though I play standard size now.
IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2024.jpeg

There’s a little bit of a gap at the butt end of the club but it wasn’t much of a bother. When squeezing hard, it felt like it closed up a touch.

Last edited:
Day 1 of the protocol is done. It’s a pretty quick workout but you definitely feel the burn.

The Superspeed Squeeze training device goes on the club easily. It didn’t feel loose or unstable at all through any of the exercises including full swings for max speed. I used my old 7i with midsize grips even though I play standard size now.
View attachment 9189672
View attachment 9189673

There’s a little bit of a gap at the butt end of the club but it wasn’t much of a bother. When squeezing hard, it felt like it closed up a touch.
I didn’t push mine all the way to the butt. As I have Mid sized grips too.

Grip strength seems to be one of the least thought about things for me. My grip is my grip, right? Looking forward to seeing what you guys see with this one.
Grip fatigue might be a thing with me. So looking forward to to seeing if there in any benefit there as well.

For those not used to the added thickness of larger grips, any issues with swinging with this added on to the grip?

For those not used to the added thickness of larger grips, any issues with swinging with this added on to the grip?
It felt a little odd to me, so I went with a 10 finger grip to feel like I have more control.

Not It really. but I have large hands. XL not cadet glove.

Swinging lefty. That was an issue that I’m sure will get more comfortable with time.

It felt a little odd to me, so I went with a 10 finger grip to feel like I have more control.
Yeah. I didn’t feel right trying my normal overlap

I, assumed, that it would feel a bit odd. Thanks for the reply.

Not It really. but I have large hands. XL not cadet glove.

Swinging lefty. That was an issue that I’m sure will get more comfortable with time.
Yeah. I didn’t feel right trying my normal overlap
Thanks for the feedback, that's kind of what I was wondering about using a standard overlap grip vs a baseball grip.

I tried overlapping and it felt strange so I went to ten finger as well.

It is a little humbling how this burns my forearms. I agree with others in that I used 10 finger grip with this thing. It kind of makes me wonder if I should be using that all of the time. Doing second day of protocol in my office now

It is a little humbling how this burns my forearms. I agree with others in that I used 10 finger grip with this thing. It kind of makes me wonder if I should be using that all of the time. Doing second day of protocol in my office now
Yeah, I was thinking after the first use forearms and wrists would be wrecked

Back