Starting point:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

After 1 week:
Lead Hand - 43.9kg
Trail Hand - 47.0kg

Echico 45 years old.

Baselines

Driver was 99-109 with most around 104. My goal would be to live over 105.
3w and 5w was between 95 and 100.
7i was right about 80.

Dynamometer (kg)

View attachment 9189665

First session tomorrow.
Some progress in week 1

1688652034896.png

I am really interested on seeing how the participants progress as I am seeing forearm strength weaken as I age.

Testers - Is it important to have a speed radar to measure progress? I use the speed sticks in the spring but haven’t been able to get a speed radar yet so just training blind.
I tried the speed sticks without a radar and quite honestly to me it was a waste of time. Not the training but the not knowing what your results are. For this as others have said it totally depends on your expectations. If you want to gain speed then you should measure speed. If you want strength then you measure it.

I try to make sure I am still sequencing my swing with the squeeze on. I am not trying to swing just to swing but also make sure gains are added to my actual swing.

Woah that much change in just a few days? Curious to see how this translates to the course
I am too. its pretty fascinating and I am enjoying following along with this one.

Woah that much change in just a few days? Curious to see how this translates to the course
First time was in the afternoon and today's was in the morning. I am going to do morning from now on but that may be a difference.

I tried the speed sticks without a radar and quite honestly to me it was a waste of time. Not the training but the not knowing what your results are. For this as others have said it totally depends on your expectations. If you want to gain speed then you should measure speed. If you want strength then you measure it.

I try to make sure I am still sequencing my swing with the squeeze on. I am not trying to swing just to swing but also make sure gains are added to my actual swing.
I mentioned this in the speed stick training thread. I did the same years ago and ended up getting rid of the sticks. Being part of the testing this time around and having the radar was a totally different experience that I actually enjoyed.

I am not sure the results of the device will be easily measurable on a speed radar. I personally don’t have a speed radar and am not expecting huge gains in swing speed. That said, I am hoping to have better strength in my hands (especially my left hand that I have “problems). I am hoping that I gain distance through better contact and club face control. I do plan to measure club head speed after 6-8 weeks via trackman and I will look at my club distance gains via arccos.

I don’t expect huge club head speed gains with this training device like some have got with the sticks. But that is not what I was really after when I signed up to test. I know my grip strength is a problem and I know that my forearm strength has weakened and I think this training aid will help me get with both of those things that I consider personal weaknesses. I would love to report back in a month or so that I gained 5 mph on my driver swing, but I am not really expecting that.

I think you bring up some great points here! We have seen some small swing speed changes occur in players as a result of training. But there is a lot of other things that go into how the hands interact with the club. Greater ability to control the club face, having the ability to secure the club face through impact coming through rough etc.. Even just some general fatigue that may happen as a round progresses and being able to have the strength/endurance to go throughout a round. Abilities to control some things better in transition. We are hearing great feedback from users so far, so pay attention to all of these things and how they change in conjunction with added grip strength. Great work!

Probably a coincidence. Completed my 5th protocol yesterday evening. Played 9 after work today and shot my best ever 9 hole score. Also, all my wedges carried 5-10 yards farther than normal.

Probably a coincidence. Completed my 5th protocol yesterday evening. Played 9 after work today and shot my best ever 9 hole score. Also, all my wedges carried 5-10 yards farther than normal.
Good to know it wasn’t my imagination with the wedges going further. I just finished my first round since starting the protocol last week and it took me about 4 holes to get my wedges figured out and trust them. I overshot the first 4 greens from inside 105. My irons were about a half club longer but not too much noticeable difference like the wedges. Back 9 was a 2 over 39 once I started trusting things. Overall a good ball striking round and some good initial feelings about the results.

I'd be interested if there is any impact with putting too.
Eyeball test with putting during my round today was positive. My speed control was noticeably more consistent than it has been lately.

Eyeball test with putting during my round today was positive. My speed control was noticeably more consistent than it has been lately.
I had 15 putts for 9 holes, with 3 of the putts stopping within 2 inches from the hole.

Good to know it wasn’t my imagination with the wedges going further. I just finished my first round since starting the protocol last week and it took me about 4 holes to get my wedges figured out and trust them. I overshot the first 4 greens from inside 105. My irons were about a half club longer but not too much noticeable difference like the wedges. Back 9 was a 2 over 39 once I started trusting things. Overall a good ball striking round and some good initial feelings about the results.

These aren't totally shocking, things are changing as you start gaining grip strength. Love to hear everyone who is seeing strength increases and some initial benefits out on the course as well! Keep up the great work!

I did round 5 late last night. I’m loving the fact that it’s a quick exercise but numbers and eyeball tests are showing it to be effective. Makes it real nice to not stress after a long day that you’re going to need a significant amount of time to get the workout in or end up missing a day.

Today I’m playing my first tournament since starting the program. It’s going to be interesting to see how the training has helped when there’s more pressure on.

Today’s tournament round went pretty darn good. Eyeball test says the SuperSpeed Squeeze training is really paying off. I was playing a course I’m very familiar with so I have plenty of previous experience to compare today with.

It’s a very tough course off the tee especially if I get aggressive and play driver. I did that today with lots of success. Only one ball was in danger and I decided to take an unplayable because it went through the fairway.

Irons and wedges were point and shoot all day and never at risk of getting me in trouble.

The only area I struggled was putting which was real bad today. I do think it was more of a me issue with slight misreads. I lipped out multiple times from inside 5 feet. On a positive I was rolling the ball on my line.

This is the first time I’ve ever played this course and not lost a ball. I felt very in control of my swing and the ball all day. I shot my lowest ever tournament round and won by 1 stroke. I’m really looking forward to continuing with the training protocol and adding to the already noticeable results.

I have not remasured my grip strength yet, but the protocol is becoming more natural. I can feel a lot of exertion post training. My hands feel stronger, if that makes sense. The forearm pump is there with my right arm. but that sort of expected. I would get that mountain biking. One thing that I'm trying to focus on with the training is what fingers are providing the force. After decades of mountain biking, and my strength lies in my middle and ring fingers. This is product of one finger braking, as one only holds the handlebars with the other fingers through the rough stuff.

I'm not sure of the ramifications of this on a golf grip, but i'm focusing on my index and thumb pressure in an attempt to even the force application. I plan to re-test my grip strength after this weeks rounds of training.

I have to stop waiting until 3PM to go outside and do the protocols. It is hot! I really got concerned today about sweaty hands and maybe losing the 7i. I do feel some raw spots on my hands inside the thumb webbings where I usually don't hold a golf club. It hasn't affected my playing or practicing but it is there.

The theragun has found some hot spots in my forearms but that could be from sitting at my desk and typing for work. Put in a lot of hours this last week so it is good that I am getting some exercise on the forearms.

Honestly I can't say I see much of a difference on the course yet. I am not trying to go after anything really but I will get the radar out when I go to the range this week.....if I don't melt.

I have to stop waiting until 3PM to go outside and do the protocols. It is hot! I really got concerned today about sweaty hands and maybe losing the 7i. I do feel some raw spots on my hands inside the thumb webbings where I usually don't hold a golf club. It hasn't affected my playing or practicing but it is there.

The theragun has found some hot spots in my forearms but that could be from sitting at my desk and typing for work. Put in a lot of hours this last week so it is good that I am getting some exercise on the forearms.

Honestly I can't say I see much of a difference on the course yet. I am not trying to go after anything really but I will get the radar out when I go to the range this week.....if I don't melt.
I make myself do the training before work, while I still have some shade in the backyard.

I missed doing round 6 on Sunday but picked back up today. One thing I noticed was the grip felt a little slick today. I washed it with a little warm water after finishing through the workouts so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow.

As far as the results are going, I feel like it’s definitely helping battle late round fatigue. I played another round this afternoon and felt good all the way through. Typically I’ll see my power fade (slice) show it’s face a couple times at least after the 14th hole. Nothing today or my round on Saturday. It was my second consecutive round without losing a ball which is very rare. I’m gonna step up this week and do a few extra days of the protocol.

I did round 5 late last night. I’m loving the fact that it’s a quick exercise but numbers and eyeball tests are showing it to be effective. Makes it real nice to not stress after a long day that you’re going to need a significant amount of time to get the workout in or end up missing a day.

Today I’m playing my first tournament since starting the program. It’s going to be interesting to see how the training has helped when there’s more pressure on.

The duration of the exercise was something we wanted to make long enougth to cause results, but short enough that people will do it. Sounds like from all of your posts that you are seeing some of the benefits we have seen from other users. Great stuff!

I did another round of the protocol yesterday, which was the first time doing back to back days. Nothing too noticeable in terms of fatigue or soreness today. I may do another round tonight. If I feel anything build up throughout the day, I’ll take today off and get back to it tomorrow.

I will be doing my 10th protocol tomorrow. Played 9 on Monday, and once again had one of my best rounds. Showed improvements with all clubs. Especially putting.

I don’t expect huge club head speed gains with this training device like some have got with the sticks. But that is not what I was really after when I signed up to test. I know my grip strength is a problem and I know that my forearm strength has weakened and I think this training aid will help me get with both of those things that I consider personal weaknesses. I would love to report back in a month or so that I gained 5 mph on my driver swing, but I am not really expecting that.
I am a long time SuperSpeed and SuperSpeed C user. SuperSpeeed works no doubt. I have not tried the squeeze but your comment that this will help with forearm strength got my attention. As far increasing speed you have to do the sticks workouts no doubt but if this helps strengthen your grip and also forearms and that aids in increasing speed that is something that would make me want to add this to my workouts. I really am looking forward to following thr results here.

I was not anticipating putting being so talked about in this thread, or really at all. This is amazing to hear about and very interesting to follow.

Back