Superspeed Squeeze Testing and Reviews

For those with the better ball striking, how much do you attribute it to the increased strength compared to simply swinging on A more regular basis? I’d guess it’s a mix to a degree, but curious your all’s thoughts
I am getting more distance with all my clubs, and I am playing much better. More distance is probably partially attributed to the 5 mid speed swings followed by 5 as fast as you can swings. Since that was a part of swing training I was doing with my pro a couple years ago.
My improvement in ball striking and the ball going a lot more where I want it to go has to be attributed to the increase in grip strength.

Sheesh out there with radar again today and 5w was 103 swing speed and was still getting 112-114 for all out driver swings. Living at about 108 on driver with control. 7i was up to 83.

Another protocol today and can I say it is a much more pleasant experience doing these in 70 degree weather instead of 110 degree weather. :ROFLMAO:

The last few protocols I am really feeling a good pump after the work. I am seeing some distance gains and really want to see if I can control it better now.

Another protocol today and can I say it is a much more pleasant experience doing these in 70 degree weather instead of 110 degree weather. :ROFLMAO:

The last few protocols I am really feeling a good pump after the work. I am seeing some distance gains and really want to see if I can control it better now.

Yes that weather sounds delightful, love the gains you are seeing, get the practice on this new distance and skill of speed and control will come together as well.

I am getting more distance with all my clubs, and I am playing much better. More distance is probably partially attributed to the 5 mid speed swings followed by 5 as fast as you can swings. Since that was a part of swing training I was doing with my pro a couple years ago.
My improvement in ball striking and the ball going a lot more where I want it to go has to be attributed to the increase in grip strength.

We are actively collecting data on grip pressure during the swing and increasing your capacity of grip strength just gives you a lot more options and abilities on controlling the clubface throughout the swing. We continue to see this with many of our users.

Well my stats are not looking so good right now but I feel like I am hitting the ball better. I see an increase in distance but seeing a drop in GIR. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe takes a bit of time to trust some of those distances on the course to know what club to hit and how to hit it into various greens. Love the increase in distance, learning those new numbers can take some time.

Maybe takes a bit of time to trust some of those distances on the course to know what club to hit and how to hit it into various greens. Love the increase in distance, learning those new numbers can take some time.
Yeah and also part of it is not knowing when to harness the power. :ROFLMAO: My iron miss is a hook so when you try to crush an iron it adds more to it. Also the dreaded fat shots are ticking up a bit so just some adjusting here and there, mainly with weight shift and rotation.

Still making progress with the training. My goal of having both hands in the “strong category” seems achievable. I am pretty surprised how my left (problem) hand has responded.

Starting 6/29/23: 35.3 kg left/42.9 right
Testing 7/25/23: 42.1 kg left/51.9 right
testing 8/2/23: 46.7kg left/51.5 right
View attachment 9195034

Checked my Shot Scope stats. Driver performance average before starting the protocols 242 yds, after 248 yds.

Still making progress with the training. My goal of having both hands in the “strong category” seems achievable. I am pretty surprised how my left (problem) hand has responded.

View attachment 9195034
Oh damn, you are making progress.

Improvement but not a jump. That is fine.

1691082596230.png

20th protocol completed...
06/29/2023R 33.8L 30.29
07/05/2023R 36.0L 35.1
07/14/2023R 49.5L 45.1
07/26/2023 R 44.9 L 45.9
08/08/2023 R 53.1 L 50.5
I think the lower results on 07/26/2023 can be attributed to taking the readings immediately after completing the protocol. This time I rested overnight before taking the readings.

20th protocol completed...
06/29/2023R 33.8L 30.29
07/05/2023R 36.0L 35.1
07/14/2023R 49.5L 45.1
07/26/2023 R 44.9 L 45.9
08/08/2023 R 53.1 L 50.5
I think the lower results on 07/26/2023 can be attributed to taking the readings immediately after completing the protocol. This time I rested overnight before taking the readings.

Yes for sure doing those readings right after the protocol would do that. With that muscle fatigue those numbers would drop. Awesome gains!

Well kind of had a revelation this past weekend. The protocols wanted me to swing all out. I had been adding that type of swing to my rounds when I really don't need it. I then went back to some of my basics to get my sequencing back and really getting the control back in. I was getting an OTT move with the full on swings so I had to correct that real fast. Also going back to when I used the weighted clubs I remember the protocol there had the same step drill I use to get my weight transfer in tune. I did a few controlled swings doing the step drill with the squeeze on the club. I need a lot more strength in my grip so I will keep using the squeeze I just need to keep in mind that I don't need the full on swings if I can't control them.

You guys hit the big time in the Super Speed email!

1691610388581.png

I have been doing a lot of manual labor lately, and think I was just tired when testing yesterday. That said, I was still better than when I started the protocols. I am out of town and unplugged August 12-19 and will jump back into this after. My last round of golf was July 15 but should get back out in September

Testing 8/9/23: 41.3 kg left/47.9 right

I have been doing a lot of manual labor lately, and think I was just tired when testing yesterday. That said, I was still better than when I started the protocols. I am out of town and unplugged August 12-19 and will jump back into this after. My last round of golf was July 15 but should get back out in September

Testing 8/9/23: 41.3 kg left/47.9 right

These changes are awesome. Around 15% gains if you go to the 8/9 date, the 8/2 date would be almost 20%. Either way great stuff. You are right that these numbers will change from day to day depending on forearm and grip fatigue levels etc. I think what we are trying to show is a positive effect on grip strength, which we for sure see here. Great work!

@SuperSpeed Golf Do you have any data on the grip training for people dealing with trigger fingers? I know my grip strength is low, but I also have trigger fingers on my left hand (just got cortisone shots in two fingers last week for it). I'm going to talk to my TPI trainer this week about this, but was curious if you guys have seen anything. Thanks.

I have not really done a protocol since I have been back from Oregon. I did however pick up some other grip training devices.

1692637144437975691932781574400.jpg

First I hurt my finger packing things up for my trip so had to let that sensitivity heal a bit. I hope to start again today

@SuperSpeed Golf Do you have any data on the grip training for people dealing with trigger fingers? I know my grip strength is low, but I also have trigger fingers on my left hand (just got cortisone shots in two fingers last week for it). I'm going to talk to my TPI trainer this week about this, but was curious if you guys have seen anything. Thanks.
I cannot speak for Speedzone, but that was my problem from the start. I have trigger finger in my left ring finger and pain in that hand at the base of the finger. Non scientific observations by me are that my left hand grip strength has gotten much better and the trigger finger has been slightly better (it hasn’t locked up as much after increasing grip strength). During training, my pain/soreness in left hand has been worse, but not unbearable.

I was on vacation last week and did no training. I will say that I dropped no drinks on the cruise ship, even when double fisted at times. 😂

I am going to start protocol again today

I have not really done a protocol since I have been back from Oregon. I did however pick up some other grip training devices.

View attachment 9200191

First I hurt my finger packing things up for my trip so had to let that sensitivity heal a bit. I hope to start again today

I'm glad you posted this. I always like to point out that there are lots of ways to train grip strength. Lots of wonderful tools out there. I do think a part of the "secret sauce" in the Squeeze is that it is dynamic and you can train it during a swing. Really keying in and feeling the times to apply more pressure and times to not apply as much. The swings with the club are a bit part of the golf transfer from grip strength training. Again all grip strength training is good, and I would recommend to anyone who has a deficit. But the golf specific part of the squeeze is unique.

I'm glad you posted this. I always like to point out that there are lots of ways to train grip strength. Lots of wonderful tools out there. I do think a part of the "secret sauce" in the Squeeze is that it is dynamic and you can train it during a swing. Really keying in and feeling the times to apply more pressure and times to not apply as much. The swings with the club are a bit part of the golf transfer from grip strength training. Again all grip strength training is good, and I would recommend to anyone who has a deficit. But the golf specific part of the squeeze is unique.
Yes, you can tell the difference in how your forearms feel from the different types of training. I really like the step drill with the squeeze to get my sequencing better.

Yes, you can tell the difference in how your forearms feel from the different types of training.
This was something I really got out of it in my one usage so far.

Grip strength might have maxed out.
20th protocol R 53.1 L 50.5
30th protocol R 52.0 L 50.1

Back