Superspeed Squeeze Testing and Reviews

I could probably look this up myself, but rather have one of the testers explain. I see that SS doesn't really claim a speed increase (which I originally thought this was for), so what are the main objectives and how do those translate to the course?

Great question. In our intial testing our main focus was swing speed, we saw individuals gain about 1.5 mph of swing speed. Along with that we expected benefits coming from the golfer increasing their max capacity of grip strength so that they could do a number of things. Grip down a little harder coming through long/thick rough or trying to bomb a drive, increased abilty to generate downswing loading (lag) as a result of greater grip strength, increased consistency of face control with the thought that a player could now generate the same amount of raw force but at a much produced pressure. All tied into how the golfer interacts with the grip and the importance of those muscles to move the club and control the clubface in the swing. Not to mention increases in grip endurance throughout a round becuase a player wouldn't be working so closer to the max capacity all throughout the round.

Grip strength can be trained in a number of ways, the Squeeze training contains some of the traditional ways, squeezing things hard over and over again, but also puts it on that club and helps the individual to be able to dynamically utilize this in a swing. We have a lot of users reporting they love having it on a club, helps to increase face awareness, how to use grip pressure in the swing. So you are getting a lot of benefit from this.

As we have mentioned before we are excited to get some dynamic grip pressure measurements in the swing, in fact I just collected some pilot data on a player with limited grip strength and he will follow the same protocol as everyone did on here, but with the added measurement tool of a force/pressure sensing golf grip while he hits golf balls. We really want to uncover more of the why behind all of these benefits and so we are investing in technology and research to do it!

Awesome work by the testers in here so far, keep it up!!

I didn’t doubt there would be a strength increase but admittedly I was a little skeptical that it would have much of an impact on my swing. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how much of an impact and how quickly it’s helped my ball striking. I’ve had one of the more consistent stretches of rounds over the last couple weeks than I’ve had in awhile and the only thing that’s changed is doing this program.

That's awesome and not unique to you, we have seen this in the thread already and in communication with users, we love that you are seeing these benefits! Keep up the great work and the great playin.

since my measurements Thursday, I got in a workout on Friday but took the weekend off as we road tripped out to Utah for vacation. Of course I made sure to bring my Superspeed Squeeze and a 7 iron to keep at it during the week I’m gone.
IMG_2151.jpeg
I know I’ve already said it, but the quickness of the workout is great. I came out into this grass area at the hotel for a quick run through the protocol while my wife walked the dogs. Easy peasy now onto enjoying the day.

I did my weekly testing with the dynamometer and things stayed the same this week. I missed one of my protocol days this past week, but will keep after it.

Measurements a day late. Not much of an increase this week. Going to up the amount of workouts this coming week

Starting point:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

After 1 weeks:
Lead Hand - 43.9kg
Trail Hand - 47.0kg

After 2 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.2kg
Trail Hand - 49.6kg

After 3 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.7kg
Trail Hand - 49.8kg

I took the week off as my hip was still a little tender from my last workout last week. Also I was packing all week so I will get back on the program next week.

Measurements a day late. Not much of an increase this week. Going to up the amount of workouts this coming week

Starting point:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

After 1 weeks:
Lead Hand - 43.9kg
Trail Hand - 47.0kg

After 2 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.2kg
Trail Hand - 49.6kg

After 3 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.7kg
Trail Hand - 49.8kg

Great gains through three weeks, getting close to that 50 number, yes you are in a point where you are a little more condititioned to the stimulus so adding a few more workouts would be okay. You could do 3 cycles though in a single session, or add sessions throughout the week. If you do that too early it can be damaging to gains as you could be overtraining, but you are in a good spot now to add some stimulus if you feel good. Really great work!

I did my weekly testing with the dynamometer and things stayed the same this week. I missed one of my protocol days this past week, but will keep after it.

That can happen from week to week for sure, just ensure that consistent testing time and protocol for all your testing on the dynamometer. Also really try and lock in the intensity these next few weeks, focusing on really squeezing that thing as hard as you possibly can. Keep plugging along!

Just finished another protocol. Took the week off after I had some hip pain doing the left handed swings. This served as a reminder for me not to just dig my feet in and to allow myself to swing through. I don't have Scheffler footwork but for me to get through the ball my feet need to move a little. I don't feel like I lost anything after a week as these are rigorous workouts. I also did change from having the squeeze on a mid size grip to a standard grip.

I dont know if I am necessarily surprised at the results I am seeing (being positive), but I am definitely surprised by the jumps being made. This is fantastic.

No control where the driver was going I was hitting 115mph today. Big gain for me

Controlled swings were 108-110. I am shocked. My 7i was a tad over 80 and my 4i was 90.

Now that I’m a few weeks into the training… what’s the hardest aspect for me?

The 5 max grip swings in dominant direction. Mentally this is hard for me. I find myself jumping into the swing fast. Not swing with max grip.

im all in on the other protocols. I see I’m increasing my grip strength. But I’m not sure I’m maximizing the benefits.

Today I saw some modest gains and have officially moved my dominant right hand into the “strong” category. My left hand is my problem hand and it went up some and is solid in the “normal” category for now. My goal is to keep going with this until I get both in strong category or I plateau with my left hand.

I haven’t played any round and haven’t measured swing speed, but I “feel” I am getting quicker with the swings in protocol. I will eventually go back on trackman and see what gains I have in speed/distance. I have a trackman close to the house and an account that keeps my stats.

Starting 6/29/23: 35.3 kg left/42.9 right
Testing 7/25/23: 42.1 kg left/51.9 rightIMG_5270.jpeg

Got another protocol in today. Really feel my forearms getting some blood flow today. I was doing this as I am watching guys hack up the 11th hole on the course outside my inlaws place for motivation. :ROFLMAO:

Again, I took a week off and getting back into it. No real change in 2 weeks with numbers. Swing speed on driver is faster as measure with the radar contraption.

1690470701460.png

Completed 15th protocol...strange results. Right hand went down, left up a little.
06/29/2023R 33.8L 30.29
07/05/2023R 36.0L 35.1
07/14/2023R 49.5L 45.1
07/26/2023 R 44.9 L 45.9
Really striking the ball well and seeing gains in distance.

Another protocol done this morning and with my 3rd different club. :ROFLMAO:

First club was my Copper Forged Tec 7i with 120g steel shaft and midsize grip
Second was my Cobra CB 7i with 105g steel shaft and regular grip
Third was my wife's Callaway Edge box set 7i with 55g graphite shaft and slightly smaller than regular grip

I gripped so hard on the Callaways because my mind thought that the small grip would fly out of the squeeze. :ROFLMAO: Today's swings felt the best since I started this training. I felt I can swing hard and felt in control at the same time. (y)

The only reason I used her club was because she drove off with my clubs in the back of the SUV to go get coffee. I figured I could try something different. I also have my FIL's left handed clubs here. :ROFLMAO:

No control where the driver was going I was hitting 115mph today. Big gain for me

Controlled swings were 108-110. I am shocked. My 7i was a tad over 80 and my 4i was 90.

Where did you start? these seem like some great speeds for you!

Where did you start? these seem like some great speeds for you!
Baselines

Driver was 99-109 with most around 104. My goal would be to live over 105.
3w and 5w was between 95 and 100.
7i was right about 80.

I will also say that I took baselines in the afternoon in PHX area when it was 115*. I warmed up and was starting to hit shots for the radar after about 15min. My latest round of driver swings were in central Oregon in 80* weather. Very much more relaxed. I will get some 3w swings this weekend to see where those are.

I bumped it up this week doing the protocol on Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. I felt real good after each workout. No issues with not having a day off in between. Here are my newest measurements. I’m gonna go to the range probably tomorrow with the Rapsodo to check swing speed now that it’s been 4 weeks of the protocol.

Starting point:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

After 1 week
Lead Hand - 43.9kg
Trail Hand - 47.0kg

After 2 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.2kg
Trail Hand - 49.6kg

After 3 weeks:
Lead Hand - 47.7kg
Trail Hand - 49.8kg

After 4 weeks:
Lead Hand: 49.4kg
Trail Hand: 50.6kg

Really happy to bump up into the 50s on my dominant hand. I’m more excited to see my lead hand inching even closer to my trail hand since all the data showed the pros with the stronger lead hand.

Eyeball test has shown huge success through the first 4 weeks. Ball striking is definitely better through the bag. Not just better but more consistent. I’ve shot 84, 86, 84, 85, 87 since starting which is a good consistent stretch for me. I’m good for a 93-96 every third round so this has been a nice change.

The only negative which isn’t even really one is I’m having to readjust to new distances. Turns out the ball goes further when you hit the center of the club. I’ve airmailed several greens from inside 100 and stood there completely dumbfounded that my wedge went that far. Same with some par 3s which put me in bad positions.

Overall I’m very happy with the results I have thus far.

For those with the better ball striking, how much do you attribute it to the increased strength compared to simply swinging on A more regular basis? I’d guess it’s a mix to a degree, but curious your all’s thoughts

For those with the better ball striking, how much do you attribute it to the increased strength compared to simply swinging on A more regular basis? I’d guess it’s a mix to a degree, but curious your all’s thoughts
Well my stats are not looking so good right now but I feel like I am hitting the ball better. I see an increase in distance but seeing a drop in GIR. 🤷‍♂️

I’d say it’s probably 95% strength contributing to the better ball striking and maybe 5% swinging more regularly.

The protocol only has 20 swings total per side. 10 of those are half speed with the focus on squeezing as hard as possible. 10 are swinging as fast as possible. In my opinion that doesn’t translate to a better swing through repetition. It’s more focused on strength building.

In my rounds since starting this training, I really feel like I swing more under control in terms of keeping the club face stable through the swing. It’s a little odd but I feel like I don’t notice the club moving as much as before. I still feel where it’s at but it’s kind of just there. This has translated to the club face coming in more square. I’m definitely finding the center of the driver more than I ever have.

I’m definitely finding the center of the driver more than I ever have.
so where can i get one?!?!?

that’s awesome man, the gains you all are seeing is pretty cool

so where can i get one?!?!?

that’s awesome man, the gains you all are seeing is pretty cool
With 4 weeks in the books I can confidently say I would recommend it to anyone. The improvement for the time invested is pretty unbelievable in my experience

Back