Superspeed Squeeze Testing and Reviews

Ugh, kinda hurt myself today. I don't do left handed swings in my spare time. On the second round I was doing the left handed swings and trying to go faster each time. This movement kind of forced me to keep my feet planted and my right hip is throbbing right now. I finished up with right handed swings but I was limping inside because of the hip.

I have only done the protocols for a week and I saw a small gain in my stronger hand today. I am measuring with the dynamometer on Wednesday morning's and doing the workout every other afternoon. Today was 35.3 left (lead arm) and 43.5 right hand.
Quoting myself so I have the numbers from last week. My week 1 progress was negligible on increased strength but week 2 I saw a nice progression.

The dynamometer readings today were 43.3 left and 49.0 right. For those following and don’t want to go back and look: I started with an “almost weak” left hand on the chart and that has always been my problem hand due to some finger issues. I am really happy with the progress on hand strength. I am not looking at swing speed until the end of 6 weeks or so. I would love to get both hands into the “strong” category by the end of 6 weeks.
IMG_5270.jpeg

Another week of results. Small gains but that is path.

1689256549721.png

It’s measurement day! I saw some gains consistent with what I saw after the first week. Lead hand is gaining the most strength thus far and creeping closer to the dominant hand.

Starting point:
Lead Hand - 41.7kg
Trail Hand - 44.6kg

After 1 week:
Lead Hand - 43.9kg
Trail Hand - 47.0kg

After 2 week:
Lead Hand - 47.2kg
Trail Hand - 49.6kg

Very interesting thread. I will be following along 💪

Love seeing the early gains

118 at the range right now. My 7i and FW speeds are about the same. 80 and 100mph.

Could not test driver as the epoxy failed and I was able to turn the shaft in the adaptor. I looked down and saw velocore at the end of the shaft and said when did I turn to draw setting. Looked at the head and it was set to standard. I then saw the adaptor looking odd and then proceeded to twist shaft until it came out of adaptor. :unsure: I have spare shaft at home but this was odd.

118 at the range right now. My 7i and FW speeds are about the same. 80 and 100mph.

Could not test driver as the epoxy failed and I was able to turn the shaft in the adaptor. I looked down and saw velocore at the end of the shaft and said when did I turn to draw setting. Looked at the head and it was set to standard. I then saw the adaptor looking odd and then proceeded to twist shaft until it came out of adaptor. :unsure: I have spare shaft at home but this was odd.
Nothing is safe in this oppressive heat. I am glad I have room for Squeeze training indoors. I will also look at my trackman speed numbers at the end of training indoors

I could probably look this up myself, but rather have one of the testers explain. I see that SS doesn't really claim a speed increase (which I originally thought this was for), so what are the main objectives and how do those translate to the course?

Really digging this testing. Shout out to the guys giving the detailed updates. Inexpensive way that appears on the surface to be working as described

Do you all think the extra strength will help with club face control when you hit it out on the toe? Asking for a friend….

Good job guys! Keep it up.

I could probably look this up myself, but rather have one of the testers explain. I see that SS doesn't really claim a speed increase (which I originally thought this was for), so what are the main objectives and how do those translate to the course?
My take is stronger grip let’s one use a lower relative fraction of their max strength to control the club. This reduces fatigue and yields better face control. Thus contact.

I’ll put my Squeeze equipped 7i in the car when I head to SD Saturday.

One thing I’ll add, if you watch the protocol video, they mention it. But in Practice it’s really true, there are a lot of muscles involved and worked by this training.

Cool to see all of the information and gains you all are getting! Great job

My uneducated (other than watching videos) take is this: I can’t swing the club faster than I do in a controllable manner without increasing my grip strength. So for someone like me that has weak grip strength, I either have to swing slower with lighter pressure or use 100% of my available grip strength to swing faster. When I try the latter, it causes other issues like tense arms, locked wrists, etc.

A long drive competitor that has double or more than my current grip strength isn’t strangling the club to swing faster. They probably use 50% of their available grip strength to freely swing a driver 130 mph and I am using 100% of my grip strength to try and reach 100 mph. That is why my swing speed tops around 97 mph and I still feel I am gripping too hard swinging that fast.IMG_5354.png

I am probably the perfect candidate for this test. I know I have grip problems and there are times late in rounds that the club keeps “slipping” even when I am trying to grip it hard. I think this device will help me a lot with that issue. It is kind of funny looking back how simple this idea of better grip strength would help me. I have tried new grips, new gloves, rain gloves, tacky spray and all kinds of things to help me hold onto the club. I kind of feel like an idiot for not trying to strengthen my grip before now using other means.

Do you all think the extra strength will help with club face control when you hit it out on the toe? Asking for a friend….
Absolutely! I’ve had a couple off the toe and heel since starting this and don’t seem to see as big a miss as I have prior. I haven’t changed anything other than doing this program.

Really digging this testing. Shout out to the guys giving the detailed updates. Inexpensive way that appears on the surface to be working as described
I didn’t doubt there would be a strength increase but admittedly I was a little skeptical that it would have much of an impact on my swing. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how much of an impact and how quickly it’s helped my ball striking. I’ve had one of the more consistent stretches of rounds over the last couple weeks than I’ve had in awhile and the only thing that’s changed is doing this program.

Completed 10th protocol...
06/29/2023R 33.8L 30.2
07/05/2023R 36.0L 35.1
07/14/2023R 49.5L 45.1

Completed 10th protocol...
06/29/2023R 33.8L 30.2
07/05/2023R 36.0L 35.1
07/14/2023R 49.5L 45.1
Big jump! Way to go.

baseline:
48.4 L 51.4R

Today's update
49.1 L 52.2R

Modest initial gain. But all gain is good gain!

Back