Switchblade Divot Tools

I use a Wenger Swiss Army style. It is a little heavy but solid as a rock. 8 years and running with it.

They are quite solid. A bit large but quite functional!

I've been using the Spider all year, but that Flix Pro looks really good.

Don't know if it can kick the Spider out of my pocket though, I love not having to worry about any sand in my pocket, but you can never have too many divot tools.

I've used 2 switchblades for the last 10 years. The only reason i had to buy a second one is because I lost the first ball marker. Both of them still work as good as the day I bought them...

I use a pitchfix tool. Great quality. I paid 12 bucks for it.

Is the Flix Pro made out of a metal of some sort? The only one I have seen has been made out of a thinner plastic.

Yes it sure is. Its all aluminum I believe. Considered their luxury version.

I've been using the Club Glove one for three years now with no issues.

ThumbPDF-DivixDX.jpg

I got a cheapo switchblade tool at GS, and I really liked it until the spring broke. I still use it but have to manually engage the pitch blade. I would so be down with a pitchfix!

This little guy seems pretty well made.

utagyja9.jpg

udededad.jpg

Curious what the cost was if you dont mind me asking?

I have a generic that I bought at the local Roger Dunn a couple of years ago that came with a magnetic ball marker on the side. I think it was $12. I think there s a place out of arizona that sells them in bulk (http://paradisegolfproducts.com/divix_divot_tool.htm). I have no connection nor have I bought from them.

Ive been using a flix pro for about 6 months. Love it. Just the right hand and no bleeding when I bend down to read a put...
#longstory

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Looks good JB. How is the strength of the spring mechanism? I think that's where the PitchFix excels. All I'd want out of the tool is for it to stay locked shut in my pocket and snap open when I need it. If it does those two things, it's a winner.

You know, I bought the PitchFix out of the gate wanting to try them and I just fell in love. Still working on expanding my horizons... Which others are there?

My dad uses the champ version and says he likes it, but I don't think the snap tool is as impressive on it. Slightly more narrow but I think wider. T2GRN18 just hooked me up with a cool one from Musket Ridge golf Club out by him.. Made by DIVIX. Haven't had a real chance to get it on the course yet.

I had the one from Musket Ridge - I lost it somehow in the beginning of the golf season. It was pretty nice. I had one from Heritage Hills GC in PA, but the spring went very quickly. Don't know who made that one. It Think I am going to order some of the pitchfix off of Ebay for small gifts for the guys in my golf group.

Looks good JB. How is the strength of the spring mechanism? I think that's where the PitchFix excels. All I'd want out of the tool is for it to stay locked shut in my pocket and snap open when I need it. If it does those two things, it's a winner.

To me it seems similar to my PitchFix. Strong. Very strong.

The all aluminum Flix tool looks pretty sweet. And sturdy. Could survive a drop.

JB - any chance that Flix Pro you've got has any sort of ball mark with a logo on the other side ? :wink:

I would buy one if it had a THP logo on it :alien:

Chalk up another vote for the Pitchfix....I bought one on ebay after the original thread started and I have been using it ever since.

Switchblade Divot Tools

JB - any chance that Flix Pro you've got has any sort of ball mark with a logo on the other side ? :wink:

EDIT: According to their website it does.

Never used a pitchfix but I did receive this for christmas last year and it has worked pretty well.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...mdn=Accessory+Type&cp=4406646.4413989.4414125

only complaint I have with it is in the fall when the greens start to get sandy, it has a habit of picking up little pieces of sand and then once it is closed for a while becomes very hard to open. May just have to do with the damp, sandy, cold conditions up here in the fall though. I'm sure in dry climates it is better.

I picked up a pitchfix this year and love it. I haven't tried any other models though.

Last edited:
I have a pitchfix that was a giveaway at a tournament l played in. Very nice. Opens easily and repairs marks well.

I have a pitchfix that was a giveaway at a tournament l played in. Very nice. Opens easily and repairs marks well.

That's one of my favourite parts about it. As the prongs are relatively narrow, it cuts through the ground easily, which is something I prefer. Some of the fatter pronged offerings don't dig in enough for me.

Those who are using the Flix and have used the PitchFix, how do you compare the mechanism? If I remember correctly, it wasn't all that great in the non-pro version. Somewhat slow to open and lock into place. Maybe that one was just a bad unit.

That's one of my favourite parts about it. As the prongs are relatively narrow, it cuts through the ground easily, which is something I prefer. Some of the fatter pronged offerings don't dig in enough for me.

Those who are using the Flix and have used the PitchFix, how do you compare the mechanism? If I remember correctly, it wasn't all that great in the non-pro version. Somewhat slow to open and lock into place. Maybe that one was just a bad unit.

Here is GG opening it. Not sure how well it is picked up in the small lens of a cell phone camera.

[video=youtube;8443k-uJSjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8443k-uJSjo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back