Talking Shafts with Project X - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 3

MSI is Millions of pounds per square inch. It is a unit of measure for fiber stiffness. Some companies will use Ton instead of MSI.
I work with steel, concrete, and wood, so we work in KSI.

You guys aren't looking for a structural engineer are you?

Solid episode by the way JB. Very informative. The engineers on the forum will love it

Great episode right there. Some serious knowledge in there and explained so well. As a new Hzrdus customer it was pretty awesome to have it explained from the man himself.

Don is a legit 20 pound brain! The answer about OEM shafts? Straight droppin' knowledge!

absolutely loved that one. I also found db's honesty to be very refreshing. dude is crazy smart and absolutely hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a good listen - I enjoy hearing what Don has to say about shafts, and his "foodie" answers are pretty good. I will not be heading to Asia for any meals.

That was a good listen - I enjoy hearing what Don has to say about shafts, and his "foodie" answers are pretty good. I will not be heading to Asia for any meals.

C'mon, eating food with a face just seems so much more personal :wink:

Man I could listen to Don talk about shaft technology for hours. The shaft has always been something that has intrigued me. SO many different profiles, flexes, tips, etc. Food is always good! :)

Oh and HZRDUS Black FTW! Absolutely the best shaft I have ever swung!

Solid episode by the way JB. Very informative. The engineers on the forum will love it

How about the wannabe engineers like me who could only hang with a Physics minor? lol

Great listen. Gained a lot of knowledge and cleared up a few things. Keep them coming!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Really glad everybody is enjoying it. Had a good time talking with Don as well and it makes me that much more excited for #TheHandCraftedExperience

So much info there, it was all hard to digest. But one thing I can relate to is the pizza toppings :D

So DB...A question on the other end of torque. I get how you said it is really the last factor that should be looked at, for all the internet swingers wanting as low of torgue aas possible.

Does that affect us mortal swingers as well, say with a 93 to 94 mph moderate tempo swing, I think we had been led to believe the higher the torque close to 5 the more forgiving (less twisting?) we would see. So is it not as important on that end of the scale as well. And we should just focus on the other factors in the shaft you mention?

Thanks, great stuff!!

I listened to it again on my way into work this morning. Lots of awesome stuff in there and i completely agree with DB on his pizza topping answer haha this was probably the most informative edition of The Industry Uncut and i really enjoyed it. A lot of times when people get really technical with technology it can be hard to follow along but thats not the case with this episode. Seemed like a fast 20 minutes

I agree phil, the 20 minutes flew by and his answers were easy to understand.

Listened to this yesterday, but Don threw out so much info, that I may listen to it again to make sure I got everything!

Great episode, A lot of interesting material! I am going to have to listen to this one a few times to make sure i caught everything!

Not knocking any of the others, but this was my favorite.

Anyone questioning "made for" v "aftermarket" shaft debate. Don puts that one to bed with his response.

Also HZRDS Red??? Yes please!

Really, really good stuff from Don. He really confirmed what we should all know-no shaft can by itself be a magic pill. It takes the right combo of factors and equipment to get the job done.

Don would be an AWESOME guy to sit down and talk with over a few beers. The stories and stuff he could tell you would just be awesome!

Don would be an AWESOME guy to sit down and talk with over a few beers. The stories and stuff he could tell you would just be awesome!

One of the reasons why #TheHandCraftedExperience is so fantastic.

One of the reasons why #TheHandCraftedExperience is so fantastic.

It is definitely a dream of mine... I am still so much in love with my Handcrafted LZ60 that I bought because of all the talk about it on THP. The Hzrdus has also been on my mind to check out... I am a HUGE Project X fan!

This was fun to listen to on my drive in. Any time Don can drop some knowledge, it's a fun listen. As an engineer, shafts are one of my favorite things to listen to the design stories about, since I just don't know that much.

Great listen this morning on the way to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back