Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

I like it, but then I thought the face should have been black from the beginning. A unique headcover would have been nice.

View attachment 9133195 View attachment 9133196
Ya it's kind of a weird release. I had the Original One and have a 300 now. I guess I like the black face better but it's not a huge difference. Seems like more people will buy this one because the missed the boat on the first release rather than the black face.

I did a U-Try on Global Golf when the 300 came out. The Original One Mini was better across the board for me so I returned the 300. This new release looks WAY better though. A Stealth Mini would have been better though. Tech wise. That would have got my attention for sure.

I really like the look and the idea of this. One of my playing partners has the Original One Mini, and he absolutely crushes it and rarely misses a fairway. Have hit it a few times and just never gelled with it, but I think it looks great.

Played 106 holes of golf over the weekend and the Mini Driver did so well that on the trip back I ordered the blackout version. And boy is it sexy. I'm not breaking any distance records with this club. But 250 in the middle of the fairway with a very easy, repeatable swing is this things only selectable mode for me. If I could marry this golf club I would. I want to buy a truck just so I can put a rifle rack in the back window so I can keep this weapon of a club within arms reach. I've loved other clubs. Even thought some were my "unicorns" but this, this is it. Full stop. Sorry TSR3. You're great. But not this great.

IMG_5509.jpg69022426961__E1AF4E52-2FA0-4300-9588-8DCA1AB1581F.jpg

Last edited:
Played 106 holes of golf over the weekend and the Mini Driver did so well that on the trip back I ordered the blackout version. And boy is it sexy. I'm not breaking any distance records with this club. But 250 in the middle of the fairway with a very easy, repeatable swing is this things only selectable mode for me. If I could marry this golf club I would. I want to buy a truck just so I can put a rifle rack in the back window so I can keep this weapon of a club within arms reach. I've loved other clubs. Even thought some were my "unicorns" but this, this is it. Full stop. Sorry TSR3. You're great. But not this great.

View attachment 9135531View attachment 9135532

I really liked my original one 13.5. It worked well and I was able to get it in the air off the ground as well.

i thought about one...repeatedly. i am finding it easier to resist these days, tho

The 300 worked better for me than I could ever describe right out of the gate. I enjoyed more confidence off the tee than I have ever experienced. And then 6 months in like a light switch I couldn't hit at all. Low duck hooks every single time. I put it away for a bit and recently brought it back out the last couple rounds with mixed results. It's a giant question mark for me going in to next year

The 300 worked better for me than I could ever describe right out of the gate. I enjoyed more confidence off the tee than I have ever experienced. And then 6 months in like a light switch I couldn't hit at all. Low duck hooks every single time. I put it away for a bit and recently brought it back out the last couple rounds with mixed results. It's a giant question mark for me going in to next year

I will quit golf if this happens to me and my one true love.

I will quit golf if this happens to me and my one true love.
Was really weird. Absolutely amazing and a game changer right away and for quite awhile and then just wasn't. I'm sure it was a change in my swing but I've not been able to get it back to where it was for some reason

For most hitting this as a tee club backup / replacement, are you using the 11.5? For reference, my driver is a 10.5

For most hitting this as a tee club backup / replacement, are you using the 11.5? For reference, my driver is a 10.5

Yes, I have the 11.5* and I play it at the stock setting.

I went 11.5 as it's primary use is off the tee as a driver replacement
When you decided between the 11.5 and 13.5, what factored in to your decision? I figure both are pretty hard to hit off the deck
Being primarily off the tee I went 11.5 to try and keep as much distance as I could. Surprisingly it's not all that difficult to hit off the deck. I don't do it often as the need doesn't arise regularly, but when I have tried it, the results were pretty good

When you decided between the 11.5 and 13.5, what factored in to your decision? I figure both are pretty hard to hit off the deck

It was an easy decision for me because I also have a 13.5* Original One. On occasion I will play the Original One off the deck, but it's rare. On some courses there is no opportunity to hit anything that long unless I duff a tee shot, so I carry the 300 as an alternate tee club. I have hit the 300 Mini off mats a few times, but I think I only hit it once off a fairway. (Actually, it was hit from the gold tee box because I literally duffed my tee shot and that's where it landed. :giggle:)

It was an easy decision for me because I also have a 13.5* Original One. On occasion I will play the Original One off the deck, but it's rare. On some courses there is no opportunity to hit anything that long unless I duff a tee shot, so I carry the 300 as an alternate tee club. I have hit the 300 Mini off mats a few times, but I think I only hit it once off a fairway. (Actually, it was hit from the gold tee box because I literally duffed my tee shot and that's where it landed. :giggle:)

So for someone who is also looking at this sort of like a 1b club, 11.5 sounds the proper loft? I see so many reviewers hitting the 13.5 and I wonder if I'm missing something

I actually own both the 11.5 and the 13.5. I use the 11.5 as a direct driver replacement. The 13.5 is more of a jack of all trades. I use it plenty off the tee, but is also surprisingly easy to hit off the deck/fairway (with the right lie). For me the 13.5 is just copy, paste middle of the fairway around 235-250. It's the club I have the most confidence in throughout the entire bag.

The 11.5 goes roughly 15-25 further, but isn't as consistent. It leaks out a touch to the right on my miss.

This past weekend, I used the 13.5 over 72 tournament holes and can only think of a handful of times I wasn't in the fairway. And those that weren't were very close to it.

I'll typically choose one or the other based on the course I am playing, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the 13.5.

So for someone who is also looking at this sort of like a 1b club, 11.5 sounds the proper loft? I see so many reviewers hitting the 13.5 and I wonder if I'm missing something

That's a valid question. If I didn't have the Original One, would I have still bought an 11.5*? I think I probably would have because at the time I was looking for a driver replacement rather than a driver supplement. Now that I'm carrying a driver again, I'm more inclined to grab the Original One because it is without a doubt easier for me to hit off the deck. Since the 300's loft is adjustable +/- 2*, maybe ask yourself if 9.5* to 13.5* or 11.5* to 15.5* would provide more versatility for your game?

That's a valid question. If I didn't have the Original One, would I have still bought an 11.5*? I think I probably would have because at the time I was looking for a driver replacement rather than a driver supplement. Now that I'm carrying a driver again, I'm more inclined to grab the Original One because it is without a doubt easier for me to hit off the deck. Since the 300's loft is adjustable +/- 2*, maybe ask yourself if 9.5* to 13.5* or 11.5* to 15.5* would provide more versatility for your game?

I don't think I see myself lofting down to 9.5, if anything I'd loft up to 12 or 13. Conversely, I don't see my self lofting up on the 13.5 either but can see myself wanting to go down if I'm left wanting for distance. The penalties for both would be 11.5 face closed (to 12 or 13) or 13.5 face open (to 12)

The penalties for both would be 11.5 face closed (to 12 or 13) or 13.5 face open (to 12)

So open or closed face ... which makes you cringe less if you have to tweak the loft? Maybe that's your answer?

Last edited:
So this happened today…
(noting shotscope has my driver playing average around 250 for last year…)D31EACE6-DE5D-4A49-9345-EDF517406276.jpeg711E071C-CB74-4DCC-8C9B-6A1F9C6B4BA8.jpeg73D05026-EEDE-4DD2-AD30-95539D539142.jpeg

Once we get our MC gear, you are welcome to game my 300 this year
I appreciate the offer but this was I found in the used bin.

It's currently on a 24 hour hold and if I get the same results with tomorrow's swing I will have my own :cool:

It would be hard to pass that up for what you are looking for. I'd go for it.

It's currently on a 24 hour hold and if I get the same results with tomorrow's swing I will have my own :cool:

yesssss. One of us. One of us!

So you won't be needing our little tester idea?

Back